Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20181222_224113.jpg

"You will bring Captain Solo and the Wookiee to me!"..

Not even Maulfan can make this travesty look good. Can't believe it's a leading candidate for FOTY. The HS is hilarious, the body is hilarious - the only thing it has going for it is the nostalgia for Jedi Luke. And that he can be completely covered by the robe.

I love JL too, but not enough to add this crap figure that needs mods to look somewhat decent.

And yes i have seen it in hand.

Sorry

Your style of reviewing sort of resonates with mine. :)
Keep'em coming! ;-)

Just kiddin' (kind of).
I preordered this fig, paid the balance merely weeks before the Deluxe version came out. I had seen the pictures on this thread and was disheartened HT was capable of dropping the ball with such iconic material. I am selling it the moment it comes in (I might keep a thing or 2, mind), hoping HT will right their wrongs (That deaf and proud asian giant? No way...). I am also dreaming of getting parts from the SSC version so that I'll have the better stuff available to try and put together something that should have been HT's end product in the first place...! What the hell are those guys thinking of from time to time? Clearly not business...

But it is Jedi Luke, isn't it?

That's what opinions are for. Maulfan's pics and the figure are amazing to me.
Yes dukefett you are absolutely correct, that is what opinions are for and even though i don't agree with yours - i respect it. I'd love to add this figure to the collection, this isn't dissing just to diss or trolling. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm just extremely disappointed in the product as i feel it could be a lot better and I wish HT to do the absolute best they can do all the time (see: TLJ Leia) especially on such a iconic character.

But for some reason most (not all) of the OG characters are lacking

There. 2 reasonable people. At least in my view.
I wish more people round here were like you, dudes. For way less than Vortex' diatribe, I got lots of flak from several ringwraiths that roam these halls......

tumblr_nqzxths5a71uqi4ivo3_500.gif

asvtslG.jpg

Have had him since release and haven’t touched one accessory. This is my Luke Skywalker.

Oh man... HT has a real problem with young Mark Hamill. ANH Luke is just god-awful, and I don't care what other people say to comfort themselves: Jedi Luke is off, looks too monkeyish, I even see a bit of Travolta lurking in there...! Old Luke is acceptable but I couldn't care less about that fig and flick...

m.

KO means knock off. There are companies out there that make HT compatible bodies and look exactly like them. Just do a search for 1/6 bodies on eBay and a ton come up. If you are looking for a Luke body specifically then search for “slim”.

OK that KO. Thanks buddy.
m.

Depends on the thread location on the pull. It might have been one that they didn't trim properly. You should be fine though. If you are really concerned though you can always buy another cloak before they rise in price.

Thanks!

Even if I don't order a new cloak, if I leave the figure as it is, there shouldn't be any problems in the future as I have trimmed the loose thread with scissors, right?

Good to know. Is there any way you can post, or if you have posted it already a link to, a detailed list of what you did to the shirt to get it to look tighter?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t have pics. But this is what I did.
You undo the two stitches on the front of his tunic. One is just under the white flap that folds down. One is down closer to his waist.
Slice the stitches and the tunic will come off like a regular shirt. With that off, take a look at the side stitches. There’s a seam that runs down from his armpit to his waist on either side. I took those in a bit. From the inside, pinch the material so you have about 5mm from either side and sew that line from armpit to waist. If you are worried, pin it first with small dressmakers pins. Then put it back together to make sure it’s tight enough. If not, make another line and pin that. I was lucky enough to guesstimate it right the first time. I do have a spare costume and intend to ask my wife to sew me another one.

Finally got the Luke in from the local Australian distributor. Still futzing to get a decent pose, but this will do for now. Looking forward to that windswept hair to complete it!

IMG_1064b.JPG

IMG_1066b.jpg

IMG_1060b.JPG

Yes, this is the easiest and most played out pose but it helps hide the headsculpt and brings the nostalgia of sitting in the theater in 1983 seeing Luke appear for the first time as a BAMF.

Attachments

• 0427ED7A-84A7-4AF0-AFA2-9D8B37157461.jpg
    0427ED7A-84A7-4AF0-AFA2-9D8B37157461.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 437
I don’t have pics. But this is what I did.
You undo the two stitches on the front of his tunic. One is just under the white flap that folds down. One is down closer to his waist.
Slice the stitches and the tunic will come off like a regular shirt. With that off, take a look at the side stitches. There’s a seam that runs down from his armpit to his waist on either side. I took those in a bit. From the inside, pinch the material so you have about 5mm from either side and sew that line from armpit to waist. If you are worried, pin it first with small dressmakers pins. Then put it back together to make sure it’s tight enough. If not, make another line and pin that. I was lucky enough to guesstimate it right the first time. I do have a spare costume and intend to ask my wife to sew me another one.

Thanks Barry. That helps tremendously.

Back