Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those worried about the cloak rinsing should also help with futzing the cloak as well. My cloak did not bleed at all but I remember reading that few people had staining issues.

That's what opinions are for. Maulfan's pics and the figure are amazing to me.

Yes dukefett you are absolutely correct, that is what opinions are for and even though i don't agree with yours - i respect it. I'd love to add this figure to the collection, this isn't dissing just to diss or trolling. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm just extremely disappointed in the product as i feel it could be a lot better and I wish HT to do the absolute best they can do all the time (see: TLJ Leia) especially on such a iconic character.

But for some reason most (not all) of the OG characters are lacking

I love the figure because it is the best 1/6 Jedi Luke we've been able to purchase, and there are some positives, but I would definitely agree that HT failed with body size/shape and tailoring, areas where they're usually spot on, look at Neo from the Matrix.

The Star Wars license itself may play a factor in the effort the HT line is given, they've been known to drop off due to licensing costs in the past, look at the major QC issues Nicholson Joker saw, the cost of that figure paid for Nicholson's portrait, not a quality figure top to bottom.

It's definitely one of my favorite figures from this year (along with IM Mk 6 and Training Armor WW), but I agree the tailoring and proportions out of the box were disappointing, and it needs a few mods to really look it's best.

Typical.....................

OK.
I also do harbour high hopes for that SSC outfit.

"KO bodies"?

Thanks,
m.

KO means knock off. There are companies out there that make HT compatible bodies and look exactly like them. Just do a search for 1/6 bodies on eBay and a ton come up. If you are looking for a Luke body specifically then search for “slim”.

It's definitely one of my favorite figures from this year (along with IM Mk 6 and Training Armor WW), but I agree the tailoring and proportions out of the box were disappointing, and it needs a few mods to really look it's best.

If I could get it to look like yours I would buy the figure in a heartbeat! It's a bummer for us that are bad at customizing, as the tailoring and puffiness out of the box is pretty jarring at least to me.

I had a weird thing that happened to my Luke - while I was fuzzing him (removing the outter belt), the belt velcro accidentally attached to and pulled a string from the outter robe (the one over the figure).

I managed to carefully detach it and simply cut off the exposed string from the robe with scissors.

Do you think the figure will be ok in the future? I mean, the robe won't start sewing off from that string, right?

Depends on the thread location on the pull. It might have been one that they didn't trim properly. You should be fine though. If you are really concerned though you can always buy another cloak before they rise in price.

tumblr_nqzxths5a71uqi4ivo3_500.gif

asvtslG.jpg

Have had him since release and haven’t touched one accessory. This is my Luke Skywalker.

tumblr_nqzxths5a71uqi4ivo3_500.gif

asvtslG.jpg

Have had him since release and haven’t touched one accessory. This is my Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker , tossing lightsabers around like they were junk since 1983.....

giphy.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Obi-Wan or Yoda really should've been a bro and said, "BTW Luke, the emperor shoots some crazy ass lightning from his hands. But don't worry, you can block it with your lightsaber. Just FYI"

Yes dukefett you are absolutely correct, that is what opinions are for and even though i don't agree with yours - i respect it. I'd love to add this figure to the collection, this isn't dissing just to diss or trolling. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm just extremely disappointed in the product as i feel it could be a lot better and I wish HT to do the absolute best they can do all the time (see: TLJ Leia) especially on such a iconic character.

But for some reason most (not all) of the OG characters are lacking

Out of curiosity, which do you think are not lacking? As far as head sculpts go I think the humans have mostly been a let down outside of Leia and Tarkin, both of which are outstanding to me (and tailoring on Grand Moff too). But this Luke for me is probably higher up there than the rest of the others actually, but not as good as the new TLJ Ren or Leia figures, or TFA Han. They have misses with every film though, I guess -- Finn's not that great, neither Rey is up there with their best, Jyn I still don't see Felicity Jones.

As far as SW goes, I think the PT is turning out to be their best work. Both Anakins can be in the conversation for their best SW figure, protos for RotS Obi-Wan, AotC Yoda and Dooku all look superb. Maul looks pretty good (not as good as SSC’s in my opinion).

OT and ST are hits and misses.

As far as SW goes, I think the PT is turning out to be their best work. Both Anakins can be in the conversation for their best SW figure, protos for RotS Obi-Wan, AotC Yoda and Dooku all look superb. Maul looks pretty good (not as good as SSC’s in my opinion).

OT and ST are hits and misses.

Yeah, all the PT figures seem above average to excellent so far.

Resized_20181222_091433.jpeg

Jedi Luke and Tesb Fett picked up from the PO on the way to work this morn.
Looking forward to home time and getting these bad boys out tonight!!

Out of curiosity, which do you think are not lacking? As far as head sculpts go I think the humans have mostly been a let down outside of Leia and Tarkin, both of which are outstanding to me (and tailoring on Grand Moff too). But this Luke for me is probably higher up there than the rest of the others actually, but not as good as the new TLJ Ren or Leia figures, or TFA Han. They have misses with every film though, I guess -- Finn's not that great, neither Rey is up there with their best, Jyn I still don't see Felicity Jones.

I basically agree with your choices regarding OT humans. Both Leia's are tops and Tarkin. A tier with Tarkin being my #2 for FOTY. And they have done a excellent job on old Han and Leia. TFA Rey is great covered up and I have never seen the rest in hand to comment although i will say Erso almost gets to the tops on attire and accessorizes alone. She is so close.

Back