Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know why my pics turn sideways or how to fix.
sorry!!!

Yes. If it is a cell phone picture, you have to do an “edit” and save that edit or else it posts sideways.

Crop the shot just a little and it will post correctly....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I feel like the stock tailoring and maybe the mouth sculpt are really hampering the success of what could have been one of HTs most successful SW figures. People are struggling to unload this guy for 200 bucks shipped. Then again, even Anakin (who IMO is the best SW fig right out of the box so far) is selling around 200 or so on eBay. HT may just be overproducing figures still.

As mentioned, I think the deluxe Luke and Sith Anakin might have something to do with both of those.

Digging the Swoosh effect, but wish it was made slightly differently. I wish they can mold it so that there's one side that's thicker than the other to represent the current position of the blade, and have the nub that goes into the handle be aligned with the blade. Currently with the nub at the centre, it looks very much like a fan.

Digging the Swoosh effect, but wish it was made slightly differently. I wish they can mold it so that there's one side that's thicker than the other to represent the current position of the blade, and have the nub that goes into the handle be aligned with the blade. Currently with the nub at the centre, it looks very much like a fan.

Excellent point. :lecture

Father and son.

20190104_203423.jpg

I removed most of my fat suit underneath so I’ve removed the suit several times.
Remove the boots
Remove the head
Remove the hands
Remove the belt
Slide the pants off
Bend the knee to get the elastic strap keeping the shirt tucked in over the leg
Slide the shirt off over the head
Remove or modify fatsuit.
Reverse to put back on.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how do you remove the boots? Do you just...pull?

Grab ahold of the boot and gently pull down. The boot should pop off leaving either the ankle peg on the leg or inside the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest gripes with this figure have been the hairpiece (don't like the color or the shape) and the fatsuit (totally unnecessary, and wrong, for ROTJ Hamill). So, I ditched the fatsuit, took the shirt in a little at the sides, and recently tried making my own hairpiece. The hair strands and paint app are not nearly as refined or professional-looking as the actual Hot Toys version, but I can live with it because of the shape and color being closer to how I think they should be.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of how everything ended up (using the lightsaber arm, but with a Hasbro blade; and the bare hand is not the HT one because I wanted a slightly smaller one).

NewHairLuke02.jpg

NewHairLuke01.jpg

I would've preferred if HT hadn't done the bottom row of teeth (or at least not as pronounced), but I can't see why there are some who have a problem with the face sculpt. Seems like a good Hamill likeness to me, and certainly better than the ANH sculpt.

Yup. Feel it out though beforehand and don't just yank it out.

Grab ahold of the boot and gently pull down. The boot should pop off leaving either the ankle peg on the leg or inside the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. And thank you, Jedijim for the instructions. I’ve never done something like this before and it was nerve wracking. The fat suit is puzzling, as it has even more padding on the sides. Luke needed love handles?

Overall, I’m really happy now that I’ve removed it from the upper torso, even if the belt is a little big now. Looks way more like Mark back then.

IMG_1971.jpg

I wonder if just taking a super fine brush and blacking out the lower row of teeth might work. Or will that leave too much of a black gap, giving a slack-jaw look?

The teeth on this one don't bug me anywhere near as much as the HT Endor Luke - aka Looth Skywalker.

I wonder how the windswept custom Luke is going to look painted up. There's a lot of enamel on show there too.

This sculpt is kind of peculiar for me. Overall I think it's a good sculpt, but at the same time there's still something off about it to where I think it could have been a bit better and I can't quite pinpoint what it is. And believe it or not, it's not the expression nor the teeth like many people think, because whenever I see screen shots such as this:

image.jpeg

..I think it's a good expression to have gone with for this figure.

As was mentioned, I think the gritted teeth sculpt that comes with the Endor figure is way more awkward looking than this one.

Yeah that's true, the teeth parted is a bit awkward. I actually forgot they were that parted (haven't looked at this sculpt close up in a little bit). lol

You can tell they were going for an expression like in that screen grab though, which I do think is a good expression for him to represent RotJ. Perhaps actually filling in the part with white might be a better route as opposed to blacking out one row of teeth?

Back