1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just one I took a few days ago.

26528771507_40b60870d4_c.jpg

That’s beautiful - better than Marvel marketing!!

Thanks guys! This might be one of my top 3 figures in my collection. Not sure how HT will top this version of Starlord.

I already have the Vol 1 Star Lord. Would it be worth it just to buy this head sculpt and swap it onto the first figure? I enjoy the long coat look.

I already have the Vol 1 Star Lord. Would it be worth it just to buy this head sculpt and swap it onto the first figure? I enjoy the long coat look.

I think you could get away with that. For me though the articulated ankles, optional short jacket, improved headsculpt, and more accurate headphones pushed me to simply just upgrade all together. Speaking of headphones, it just occured to me we won't see the Walkman again with future releases. So for those waiting for the IW release I think it's something to consider.

That's cosmic level of amazingness! :clap I'm honestly torn between getting him or baby Groot now! :lol

Why thank you! :D Star-Lord is my favorite, so I can't say I'm not biased, but I'd definitely pick him over Baby Groot. :lol However, this will likely be the only Baby Groot figure, so perhaps you might want him instead? No doubt that there will be at least one more Star-Lord figure. And I do have mine haired, so consider that as well, though he looks great as a stock figure too.

Heck, I have two Vol. 2 Star-Lords. And I just got the second one done with a different hairstyle, with the Pratt sculpt to be done next. That's how much I like Star-Lord. :lol

Couple more pics, for your consideration. ;) :lol

26679265287_3efc4e6cbe_b.jpg

37718422014_75d2aec66e_b.jpg

I am *this* close to picking this guy up. I’m just hoping there isn’t gonna be a superior IW version.

Amazing! :clap I really like Star-Lord too, but all I'm afraid is the staining and flaking of his jacket. I'm getting baby Groot just to have him listen to the Zune or dance by the Walkman :lol

IMG_0024.JPG

Just followed you on Insta!

What camera setup are you using?

That's cosmic level of amazingness! :clap I'm honestly torn between getting him or baby Groot now! :lol

I agree with Spangles. I don’t have Baby Groot so I too am biased, but this is honestly a really fun figure. There are some where you finally get a good pose for it and don’t want to have to mess with the figure anymore, but with this I enjoy messing with it to find all sorts of good poses.
Then again, Baby Groot seems fun too because he’s life-sized, so I think either way you’ll be getting a great figure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing! :clap I really like Star-Lord too, but all I'm afraid is the staining and flaking of his jacket. I'm getting baby Groot just to have him listen to the Zune or dance by the Walkman :lol

Just followed you on Insta!

What camera setup are you using?

With that setup, I'd definitely buy a Baby Groot as well. He'll go perfectly! Is that the Marvel Legends Star-Lord helmet?

Thanks for the follow! And I use a Canon 7D paired with the Canon 100mm 2.8L Macro lens.

With that setup, I'd definitely buy a Baby Groot as well. He'll go perfectly! Is that the Marvel Legends Star-Lord helmet?

Thanks for the follow! And I use a Canon 7D paired with the Canon 100mm 2.8L Macro lens.

Yeah, I thought baby Groot makes more sense for my display. That's the Hasbro helmet but I find that it's a lil bit too big.

Similar camera setup we got, but I'm using a lens filter instead of a proper lens. Gonna invest on a macro lens soon.

Do you use a tripod?

Does v2 Starlord's long coat have a wire in it for posing? The vol1 version did not, right?

Vol 1 does have some wire in it, but not a lot. The Vol 2 has it fully lining the coat, it’s much easier to pose.

Yeah, I thought baby Groot makes more sense for my display. That's the Hasbro helmet but I find that it's a lil bit too big.

Similar camera setup we got, but I'm using a lens filter instead of a proper lens. Gonna invest on a macro lens soon.

Do you use a tripod?

Been debating for awhile about getting that helmet. It looks nice, despite it being a bit too big?

I love my Macro. And whether I use a tripod depends on my lighting setup. But for the most part, no for outside and yes for indoor shots.

Vol 1 does have some wire in it, but not a lot. The Vol 2 has it fully lining the coat, it’s much easier to pose.

Been debating for awhile about getting that helmet. It looks nice, despite it being a bit too big?

I love my Macro. And whether I use a tripod depends on my lighting setup. But for the most part, no for outside and yes for indoor shots.

It's a great helmet and a great bluetooth speaker :lol

After a month with scarf on i must say the stain is definitely less visible. It's still there and noticeable, but not not that dense.

Back