1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, not that it stops me from trying lol. I have started to experiment with adding in backgrounds, which I think helps a little.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of your poses are good, but that's not how you add backgrounds :lol

Lighting, the lighting from your background etc has to match, color tone etc.

Same here, not that it stops me from trying lol. I have started to experiment with adding in backgrounds, which I think helps a little.
b7a8a6614cd4fe7f99b841b61c8e0e3a.jpg

f4a757ea9136073762a2d6a6f28a0c68.jpg

3fc2c6363139d3d92a6fd820d91745c7.jpg

1f9177623f3c55ce21045e4219e1300d.jpg

85e1aa5ca9303396b015eaf7d2c06e4f.jpg

Terrific shots! Can I ask how you do your backgrounds? Do you use Photoshop? What color is your figure back drop, do you use green or blue or another color? Thanks.

That last pic makes me want to buy this right now. I am drunk so I can tell my girlfriend it's not my fault, right?

That last pic makes me want to buy this right now. I am drunk so I can tell my girlfriend it's not my fault, right?

Love is temporary. But things, things last forever.

I mean, I'm trying to stick to Star Wars but STARlord is half of that. He meets quota. He's basically a Star War.

I'm sure this may have been mentioned before but why didn't this guy come with a flight stand

Sent from a point in space and time

It definitely can be tricky replacing a background and making it look good. Focal length, perspective, lighting etc if not taken into consideration can make it look like garbage. I still consider myself pretty novice but one of the most fun parts is color toning and getting them to match.

Terrific shots! Can I ask how you do your backgrounds? Do you use Photoshop? What color is your figure back drop, do you use green or blue or another color? Thanks.
I use the word photoshop very lightly, since I’m really just cutting and pasting using an iPhone app. I normally just take pictures against my wall, which is obviously wrong :lol

Hey, I never said I was doing it right! I think it was Brainiac who put up a tutorial on how to do it right but I can’t find it right now. If I ever do, I might try it. For now I think it just makes them less boring.

I use the word photoshop very lightly, since I’m really just cutting and pasting using an iPhone app. I normally just take pictures against my wall, which is obviously wrong :lol

Hey, I never said I was doing it right! I think it was Brainiac who put up a tutorial on how to do it right but I can’t find it right now. If I ever do, I might try it. For now I think it just makes them less boring.

Chill, I never said you were wrong. :lol

Actually a black or white background will make the figure stand out more, you don't have to go fancy on your backgrounds.

Thanks, guys! A few folks on social media have commented on the prominent nipple. Lol

This is probably my favorite figure that I own. I have so much fun shooting pics of him! The only thing I don't completely like is the Quill sculpt. I'm hoping by adding rooted hair (hopefully within the next two months), I'll like it, but we'll see.

It's been unseasonably cold here, so I took him out today for a snowy shot. :lol

41485564292_96ef7c9d20_c.jpg

And just one I took a few days ago.

26528771507_40b60870d4_c.jpg

Back