1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get on the waitlist now. I'd guess maybe more than half of the people with the BVS figure are not going to want to pay $250 for basically a new cape & dynamic stand. With that wait time though they may be making some alterations to the suit, so better to be safe than sorry then.

What a great timing. I just preordered Suicide Squad version because yesterday my BvS was cancelled . Demand is crazy high on this one. It's already sold out.

I put one of my bvs batmen on eBay on Sunday, somebody messaged me yesterday offering me $160 for it saying "as the new ss version was out & I wouldn't get anymore for it now" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put one of my bvs batmen on eBay on Sunday, somebody messaged me yesterday offering me $160 for it saying "as the new ss version was out & I wouldn't get anymore for it now" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You should have messaged him back and asked him how many other sellers he sent that to with BvS Batman listings.

Unless yours is the only one?

Well, I decided to get him and I'm glad I preordered him about 90 minutes or so after he went up. I used a few rewards points on him, so I took 15 bucks off AND I'm gonna be able to flex pay him. I could've took another 50 bucks off him but I want to save those other points for something coming out in the next month or so instead. I knew, I just KNEW this would go to WL. The interest was just too high and people are still dying to get the first version of him so even if I end up hating the figure later for whatever reason, I could probably flip him easily.

Lol, people on eBay really are the worst. BvS Batman won't be dropping below retail, like, ever. Also, I'm guessing that anyone buying this version just to sell later on will be severely disappointed. Battling Cap and NA Scarlet Witch both sold out quickly (less than a day I think?) last summer, and now selling for around $100 or less over retail. That would be like $50 profit for a seller on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, people on eBay really are the worst. BvS Batman won't be dropping below retail, like, ever. Also, I'm guessing that anyone buying this version just to sell later on will be severely disappointed. Battling Cap and NA Scarlet Witch both sold out quickly (less than a day I think?) last summer, and now selling for around $100 or less over retail. That would be like $50 profit for a seller on eBay.

This Batman figure will gain value because of a number of reasons. Their are too many versions of cap and the witch out there and personally I think the real hair brings down the value of figs in this line. More versions of Cap and Witch to come so many people will trade up again. There is still a chance that this Batman will be released again for the release of Justice League but there might be alterations to the suit and it will not come with the same accessories as this version. According to the Budget Stark video this version of Batman is limited to 3000 worldwide with 500 allocated to Hong Kong. I am not sure about those figures but considering this thing is already on waitlist then it might be true. If your waitlist converts then you will be one of the few with this fig. I ordered late and I am in the Canadian market so I don't know if my distributor was able to snag me one. Now if they make that Margot Robbie in her classic jester suit I am all set.

hqjester.jpg

This Batman figure will gain value because of a number of reasons. Their are too many versions of cap and the witch out there and personally I think the real hair brings down the value of figs in this line. More versions of Cap and Witch to come so many people will trade up again. There is still a chance that this Batman will be released again for the release of Justice League but there might be alterations to the suit and it will not come with the same accessories as this version. According to the Budget Stark video this version of Batman is limited to 3000 worldwide with 500 allocated to Hong Kong. I am not sure about those figures but considering this thing is already on waitlist then it might be true. If your waitlist converts then you will be one of the few with this fig. I ordered late and I am in the Canadian market so I don't know if my distributor was able to snag me one. Now if they make that Margot Robbie in her classic jester suit I am all set.

I agree that the BvS Version might not take a hard hit because of this variant (particularly the Sniper Rifle + Tech Cowl pack), but I agree also with Spoophmaniac that this may not end up being similar to Battling Cap and NA Scarlet Witch given all the things he stated. The 3000-unit count declaration is not something HT does at all times with their Exclusives, and 3000 is a low number nowadays especially for a variant that's very close to a long-sold out figure that's been very much sought after.

Unless I'm mistaken, both the Battling Cap and NA Scarlet Witch promo editions had announced worldwide edition sizes of 5,000. The Battling Cap was going for quite a bit of money on release, it was only when the regular CW Cap came out a few months later that the price went down some.

I just don't see it on this one. HT haven't made a good Batman cape yet so it's hard to imagine this version being so much more sought after a year or two from now just because of the cape. But I still don't get why everyone cares so much about having a cheap looking sniper rifle that came with the BvS special edition, so what do I know, lol.

Unless I'm mistaken, both the Battling Cap and NA Scarlet Witch promo editions had announced worldwide edition sizes of 5,000. The Battling Cap was going for quite a bit of money on release, it was only when the regular CW Cap came out a few months later that the price went down some.

I just don't see it on this one. HT haven't made a good Batman cape yet so it's hard to imagine this version being so much more sought after a year or two from now just because of the cape. But I still don't get why everyone cares so much about having a cheap looking sniper rifle that came with the BvS special edition, so what do I know, lol.

Sniper rifle reminds people of TDKR, thats why I bought it. The tech cowl was meh.

So just to be clear, the only difference from this and the BvS version is the cape, rebreather, and the stand correct?

You should have messaged him back and asked him how many other sellers he sent that to with BvS Batman listings.

Unless yours is the only one?

It's even better-the one I put up is the sniper rifle exclusive.
I messaged him back &I said if he could get one at that price he should buy it

So just to be clear, the only difference from this and the BvS version is the cape, rebreather, and the stand correct?

It also doesn't have the sniper rifle or the tech cowl that were with the Sideshow exclusive. But yes the new one added those things that the BvS didn't have.

Don't buy into the trash. He stepped down as Director to focus on the role of Batman. This is a dream of his. Kevin Smith talks about it on all his podcasts weekly.

Maybe initially. But thus far it seems like the whole thing hasn't been the best experience for him (especially after Live by Night), so for me it's not the most improbable rumor...

sad-ben-affleck.gif

Back