1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Yes there is always hope that they will fix it.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

This week is all BvS, they will launch CW characters next week. My bet is going to be Widow...

Yep. Three members of Team Cap and two from Team IM, I'd say one from Team IM is next after three straight Team Cap releases.

Hawkeye and Black Widow always seem to go together... ;) non-superpowered Avengers unite!

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

I haven't gotten a Black Widow yet. I don't like the AOU costume (I prefer the spy look over the superhero look). I was waiting to see what they did for Civil War to pick between this one and an after market Winter Soldier version. They look very similar. Besides the obvious difference in hair style, what other differences do people see between this new CW version compared to the WS version?

I keep passing on a HT Black Widow since they seem tomhave such anhard time getting Scarjo's face right. This CW figure looks great, but still nothing like Scarjo.:(

This week is all BvS, they will launch CW characters next week. My bet is going to be Widow...

Except for the news about an alien, a Ripley, a life size Storm trooper. Otherwise, all bvs

I searched the thread and didn't find anything on this, but has anyone tried putting this BW suit (or any BW suit) on a phicen body? I know it seems like a waste of a seamless body, but i was wondering if the flexibility of a phicen and the strength of the stainless steel joints might allow BW to get into more flexible poses. I've seen it work with the sideshow harley quinn.

I don't see why it would increase articulation. The hot toys body has more points of articulation. The double joints and what not that the other body does not. I do not think it would add any articulation.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

I keep passing on a HT Black Widow since they seem tomhave such anhard time getting Scarjo's face right. This CW figure looks great, but still nothing like Scarjo.:(

Well it's the same sculpt as the WS and AOU versions. Shame because I had high hopes for this one, I like the hairstyle though.

Even HT is getting fatigued remaking all these figures, they can't be bothered with any updates :lol They probably had all these figures packaged and ready to ship before the movie even finished filming :rotfl

I don't see why it would increase articulation. The hot toys body has more points of articulation. The double joints and what not that the other body does not. I do not think it would add any articulation.

On paper a hot toys body might have more POA, but most of the BW figures i've seen, including the first avengers one i own, are somewhat limited by the suits pulling the joints back into position, especially around the hips, something that most hot toys figures with tight body suits have a problem with. The joints in a modern phicen body are steel, and very sturdy, i think they might be able to hold the suit in more extreme poses, perhaps even the famous "three point landing" pose.

Unless I'm missing something, my Black Widow is no Iron Man for posabilty. She is the most 'doll like' of all my figures (probably doesn't help remove that idea in my head the fact that she is a female character), but aside from it's nice to have her in the classic black look, she is well down my list of figures..

And yet Hot Toys still can't get her sculpt/likeness right. Should ask this guy.

The likeness in the sculpts in my opinion look better than the likeness on that guy's robot.

Looks more like Chloe Moretz (?).

Still no Black Widow? :(

If I remember correctly Black Widow was one of the first Age of Ultron figures announced. I think because they just repainted the Winter Soilder head sculpt maybe just maybe Hot Toys is trying to give us a different head sculpt for Civil War and that's why she's not announced yet. Not counting on it but one can hope

Still no Black Widow? :(

Nope :( I think they're going by teams and nearly have Team Cap fully announced. I think when they move on to Team Iron Man, Black Widow will be one of, or THE first announced.

Well they announced War Machine :lol I think its just random
Hopefully it hasn't been announced yet because we are getting a new, much better, ScarJo HS :pray:

Well they announced War Machine :lol I think its just random
Hopefully it hasn't been announced yet because we are getting a new, much better, ScarJo HS :pray:

I agree with this.

I don't think there's any system to the order in which they release these. I believe it's all just arbitrary.

Their decision making is weird. Ant-man should've been the last one to go up considering the first one isn't even out yet. Seems like they're just splitting their customer base.

Back