1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are 5, actually...

Lets not forget the "great" Iron Man 2 figure that started it all. [emoji28]

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

There are 5, actually...

You know, that one always gets the boot when folks start discussing facial accuracy. But have you ever seen "Ghost In the Shell"? Change the hair on the Iron Man II BW sculpt to a short black haircut and it's Scarlett Johansson exactly as she looks in that film. But she has an "American Sweetheart" face. So change her makeup and you change her entire appearance.

I don't think the sculpt was bad. But boy, she was nearly as tall as Tony Stark! Hideous proportions.

Then came Avengers 1, and that rubbery suit is the one that best resembles Scarlett's figure.

I always wish HT would do a IM2 BW 2.0. But that is as likely to happen as a Black Widow solo movie...(No, I'm not talking about Red Sparrow...)

The HS is truly a treasure and the figure's posability is decent...I like this one. Heck I like them all, who am i kidding...

But back to the point: Thanks everyone for taking the time from your busy lives to answer my question with feedback and/or pictures. I belong to several other 1/6 scale figure collector forums and SSF is my favorite because (even when having a heated debate) people here stay respectful of the hard work we EACH do to collect or customize or whatever with your 1/6 scale collection. On some of the other forums I visit, I get slammed and belittled because I collect Hot Toys. They call me a "fan boy" or a HTS enthusiast who is solely responsible for thier favorite companies either raising their prices or for going out of business completely et. It's gets old and those conversations are exhausting. So, SSF makes me feel at home with my fella collectors (guys and girls). I own all the BWs (from IM 2-AOU), except for CW. When it first came out I decided to get the first run Knock-off just to get a sense of the sculpts LOOK and feel. And (as a previous like-minded freak already stated), the Knock-off looks like her face got stung by a bee. So I passed. Now however after looking at these pics, I'm going to get her. SJ is one of my favorite actors to ever appear in Hollywood movies. Further, she is the first and only "serious" actress in history to play a comic book female character (I think, correct me if I am wrong lol). Scarjo is amazing in everything she's done-from Broadway to the big screen. Whether she is crying, laughing, sexing, hating, loving or kicking a**, she does it with a passion. So thanks to HTS for doing so many versions of Black Widow and giving each one its own unique accuracy and appeal. Thing is for me now-I'm running out of space! I have to sell one to make room for another. A1 is still my favorite but it's not an easy decision!!!!****Edit-Michelle Phiffer as CatWoman.

I always wish HT would do a IM2 BW 2.0. But that is as likely to happen as a Black Widow solo movie...(No, I'm not talking about Red Sparrow...)

The HS is truly a treasure and the figure's posability is decent...I like this one. Heck I like them all, who am i kidding...

100% agree with you. Sorry I missed this. We must have been typing simultaneously! A Black Widow solo movie is in every way you look at it, a fantastic idea.

The likeness is definitely the most important! After all, she is the only Team Iron Man member that doesn't have the face covered. (well, Vision doesn't either, but you get my point). The fact that they finally got rid of the blank stare was a huge leap forward. ScarJo has a blank stare every now and then, but to have a figure in that mode all the time makes posing and displaying her challenging at times. So doing away with that look is a huge plus! (Scarlet Witch still has the blank stare...I hope they fix that for IW...I can be enticed to purchase my 2nd SW...but that's a different topic...)

Just to show how good this HS is, people have used this HS for GITS mods and it still looks like her with sculpted black hair...

I just check evil bay and I don't see any genuine HS anymore, but plenty of knockoffs...

You're right about evilbay and holy cr@p didn't realize how hot:lol Civil War Widow is - hard to find, period, at an even reasonable price. Popcultcha still has her tho exchange rate re U.S. isn't what it was.:horror.

And I fell off the fence and got her.:cool: Figured w. prices going up and up - guessing it's the sculpt - it was maybe a last chance unless I want to wait it out and do used/parts etc. I will do that, but sometimes (like with my PO Thor) I just don't feel like it. For me it was the comic book comment that got me off the fence.:slap

I don't know what Infinity Wars will bring, except a big bill.:lol My fav trio alone - the must-haves (probably) of Cap/Bucky/Falcon are gonna be ~ $800. Probably more, with SW or Panther or even an IM. I need a Loki, too. $$$$$$$!!!!:horror So I'm good with having a *classic* BW from a favorite film now - hafta to see how IW plays out to see if I get another BW. Looking forward to getting her - better late than never :lol

But back to the point: Thanks everyone for taking the time from your busy lives to answer my question with feedback and/or pictures. I belong to several other 1/6 scale figure collector forums and SSF is my favorite because (even when having a heated debate) people here stay respectful of the hard work we EACH do to collect or customize or whatever with your 1/6 scale collection. On some of the other forums I visit, I get slammed and belittled because I collect Hot Toys. They call me a "fan boy" or a HTS enthusiast who is solely responsible for thier favorite companies either raising their prices or for going out of business completely et. It's gets old and those conversations are exhausting. So, SSF makes me feel at home with my fella collectors (guys and girls). I own all the BWs (from IM 2-AOU), except for CW. When it first came out I decided to get the first run Knock-off just to get a sense of the sculpts LOOK and feel. And (as a previous like-minded freak already stated), the Knock-off looks like her face got stung by a bee. So I passed. Now however after looking at these pics, I'm going to get her. SJ is one of my favorite actors to ever appear in Hollywood movies. Further, she is the first and only "serious" actress in history to play a comic book female character (I think, correct me if I am wrong lol). Scarjo is amazing in everything she's done-from Broadway to the big screen. Whether she is crying, laughing, sexing, hating, loving or kicking a**, she does it with a passion. So thanks to HTS for doing so many versions of Black Widow and giving each one its own unique accuracy and appeal. Thing is for me now-I'm running out of space! I have to sell one to make room for another. A1 is still my favorite but it's not an easy decision!!!!****Edit-Michelle Phiffer as CatWoman.

This is a very nice post and sorry to hear re other forum comments. I haven't been collecting long enough to know, but slowly getting an idea of different companies' quality (I think) just based on accessories I pick up, or bodies etc. Like Phicen bases (excellent), DID weapons, Soldier Story outfits, and so on. Some of it - like ASMUS costumes - are amazing. But IMO no reason to put HT down 'coz when HT is on, the company is really ON - like with Doctor Strange, say. Their work with eyes - blank stare or not - IMO is stunning. Great skin tones, great at paying attention to scale in costumes. Great detail - my Civil War Iron Man is mind-boggling.

Well, LOL I just picked up CW ScarJo thanks to this thread. Watching reviews - she does look beautiful and IMO is one of the best portrayals on screen of any female action character. An amazing balance of beauty, intelligence, and deadliness with a heart, too. Luv the relationship between BW and Steve Rogers.

Good luck picking her up - everyone collects differently and I *rampantly* collect my favorites BECAUSE they are favorites - IMO why not? No point in me having a figure who's just kinda there. The figs that I do have tend to get extra weapons, costumes, bases e.g. time and money get spent on them.

And that's why we collect: because they're our favorites!

Lucky are the rich completionists[emoji23], but to put the money down on an HT figure, I have to love the character and depiction.

This is a very nice post and sorry to hear re other forum comments. I haven't been collecting long enough to know, but slowly getting an idea of different companies' quality (I think) just based on accessories I pick up, or bodies etc. Like Phicen bases (excellent), DID weapons, Soldier Story outfits, and so on. Some of it - like ASMUS costumes - are amazing. But IMO no reason to put HT down 'coz when HT is on, the company is really ON - like with Doctor Strange, say. Their work with eyes - blank stare or not - IMO is stunning. Great skin tones, great at paying attention to scale in costumes. Great detail - my Civil War Iron Man is mind-boggling.

Well, LOL I just picked up CW ScarJo thanks to this thread. Watching reviews - she does look beautiful and IMO is one of the best portrayals on screen of any female action character. An amazing balance of beauty, intelligence, and deadliness with a heart, too. Luv the relationship between BW and Steve Rogers.

Good luck picking her up - everyone collects differently and I *rampantly* collect my favorites BECAUSE they are favorites - IMO why not? No point in me having a figure who's just kinda there. The figs that I do have tend to get extra weapons, costumes, bases e.g. time and money get spent on them.

Congratulations on getting her!!!! I've kind of been hoping to find a parted out sculpt but the way things are going on second hand market, it's probably easier to buy the boxed figure. And yes, some forums (mostly those geared toward military figures/God bless/I also have a my own collection) insult HTS. They claim HTS saturated the 1/6 scale market driving up the cost of all 1/6 scale. But in reality, they just raised the bar and forced competitors to make better products. And off the top of my head - I can't think of another company besides HTS that makes an excellent female figure based on real life actors. Phicen does a great job with their body (you must be willing to do the huge lot of maintenance work involved). Their head sculpts are however a 3 out of 10*(IMO only).

There are 5, actually...

KL69uPHDgqBU.jpgpsb2hZaVjfez.jpgP9LEUuzy4pxG.jpgSee how far HTS has come/how much work they've done to develop SJ's portrait?!?!?!?!?! And I'm not dismissing the Iron Man II Figure. It was this film's figures that primarily got me into collecting Hot Toys. When A1 came out, I liked it better and used a Phicen body to give this BW a few "extras." In those days, Hot Toys and Phicen may have had a profitable working relationship because Phicen's first 4 attempts with stainless steel skeletons also had skin tones that precisely matched Hot Toys. Those days are gone!!!! And the other thing I liked about making this a Hot Toys/Phicen hybrid figure is her height. With the Phicen body she is equal in height (give or take a few cm) to both Iron Man and Cap. But............ If I'm going to sell one to make room for CW, it will be this one.

Congratulations on getting her!!!! I've kind of been hoping to find a parted out sculpt but the way things are going on second hand market, it's probably easier to buy the boxed figure. And yes, some forums (mostly those geared toward military figures/God bless/I also have a my own collection) insult HTS. They claim HTS saturated the 1/6 scale market driving up the cost of all 1/6 scale. But in reality, they just raised the bar and forced competitors to make better products. And off the top of my head - I can't think of another company besides HTS that makes an excellent female figure based on real life actors. Phicen does a great job with their body (you must be willing to do the huge lot of maintenance work involved). Their head sculpts are however a 3 out of 10*(IMO only).

Thanks! Yeah, wasn't any kind of a deal, for sure:(, but after just a general look onlinw - CW Widow hard to find in U.S., marked up 'bay prices, at the moment looked like a flood of TWS and other BW (not that cheap tho...). So many KOs that I was happy to pay for a sure thing (IMO KOs are fine IF you know what you are buying.)

So hope you can get her too! I've had good luck with Popcultcha so far or maybe the 'bay has her at a *decent* price. I could've waited I guess, hoping w. the next film folks dump previous versions, but I just felt I wanted this fig new and not messed with at all.

Re your close up pics - I always kinda liked her look in IM2 when she is kicking @ss - reminded me of a deadly kitten or something w. those doe eyes and pouty lips. Probably my fav IM2 scene. Heck, maybe I'll pick BW #1 up sometime.:monkey3

They claim HTS saturated the 1/6 scale market driving up the cost of all 1/6 scale.

:dunno:dunno:dunno Not sure I follow that; e.g. usually it's RARITY that forces prices up among other things. Far as I can tell if you shop you can get lots of 1/6 cheap esp. parts. *Shrug* if a company improves its product and then charges a premium, and people are willing to buy it, then isn't that telling other companies to up their game? I see comments like that mostly with polystone and the rising prices - true enough, past a certain price point I'd be forced out of any hobby:(. But for right now (for me) I'd rather have a stellar sculpt and pay a bit more, than some cartoonish blobby generic face on a figure, or doll-like clothes with poor scale:slap.

Besides, all prices for stuff went up. Look at the prices for vinyl toy figs even. :horror

Sorry you feel you have to give up a BW tho. LOL for my favs (the *holy trio* of Cap/Bucky/Falcon, SW) IMO the more the merrier:lol. And IMO it's so easy adding a BW to my displays (I'm beginning to dump the HT stands tho in favor of generic stands and diorama backgrounds - the generic stands take up less space. Except Falcon re being a flyer). IMO Black Widow is easy to work with on the shelf. I think I might put her with a Bucky kind of as a nod to the comic art - maybe print out the comic cover as a background. Or do CW with BP:gah: - after FINALLY ordering her, now I just want her to get here!:lol

Sassafras (great screen name btw!!!!), when folks have complained that HTS have been the sole cause of 1/6 scale inflation or the demise of their personal favorite 1/6 manufacturers, it's usually because they a) truly believe this and/or b) simply hate HTS because (insert a reason). There's not a lot of logic to it; negative comments are usually coming from an individual's perspective. And thanks for the heads up on a good priced CW BW!!!! I'll check it out. This figure will likely be super expensive on ebay until the next is released. I dread selling my Iron Man BW. Scarlett Johansson naturally is very fair skinned. And the IM2 version is the only one that captures that. But I don't need 6 of the same figure so (tears!!!!).

For those who just or will soon be ordering her, enjoy! You will love it! The HS alone will blow you away!

I always wonder how they can top this one for IW? Now that she is blonde? Repainting this one or try a new one? Sometimes, I wonder why mess with the best effort to date? It took them 4 tries to get here. (The TWS & AOU are the same HS, remember?) But given the passage of time, I believe HT is likely to attempt a new HS for IW, just my 2 cents! We shall see...

Please give her civilian clothes. That would be a way. CW civilian Widow from the intro would have been a great alternate.

Also, like they apparently did with Jyn Erso, pad the suit so that it is more accurate to Ms Johansson's rear end and thighs.

My only complaint about my CW Widow is the skinny legs. Totally not ScarJo.

My friend, that would and should have been a HT con exclusive, which for sure would have made a killing! But for reasons unknown, HT never bothered to come up with any civilian Widow when there is clearly a (small) market for it.

*sigh* They just keep churning out Iron Man for HPP...

Back