1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering the AOU ver is $229 at SSC, and the exclusive Maria Hill was $219 with minimal accessories, I believe will likely be $250-$280 as an exclusive! Ouch! That will be like the price of AOU Cap!

Hill was also an "exclusive". You keep using that word like it means these are going to be any different then any other "exclusive" hot toy has offered in the last two years. Maria hill was an exclusive that cost under 220. Luke Skywalker Storm trooper was an "exclusive". There was an "exclusive" of the new order storm trooper. The mk3 DC (which is being offered with this scarlet witch at the same event) was an exclusive. The stealth mk7 was an exclusive. The ichobod Crane was an "exclusive" designed just for one event for Burtons show. The copper storm trooper was an exclusive. The chrome armored batman exclusive. And ALL of them where available at sideshow for the same price or less then any comparable figure....like the regular armored batman is the same price as the "exclusive". Hill was one of the cheapest figures of the year. Luke was 220ish as well. If the standard scarlet witch figure is 235ish at sideshow then there is no reason to believe that the next version will be 270. It will be around the same price.

When you buy them at these events they come with a special box or baseplate or some little accesory and your paying for that when it costs more, or the early availability. But when they go to the standard orders with PO they are always priced with other like figures. (Meaning a scarlet witch that just released will be a good idea of price...but you can't say well they just announced a 360 dollar iron man 2 war machine so that should be what I expect. Lol)

Just Becuase it's labeled as an "exclusive" figure does not mean it will be hard to get or priced out of line with other like figures. There where 6 or 7 "exclusives" in the last 12 months that I listed above(not to mention the exclusive versions of normal figures like BvS batman and/or Superman that have "exclusives" that cost exactly the same as the not exclusive version) are all priced at the same level as their regular type figures.

Relax

Last years "exclusives where limited to 600 in a similar type ad and marketing campaign and one of those is still being listed for sale (it's not on this ad..but it had its own the dcmk3 stealth). Not any of these where "hard to find" and all of them where for sale on sideshow and other sites.

The price of hill was 230ish at acghk if I recall correct. And had you waited and Po through secret base or sideshow it was much cheaper. (220 at ssc and 189 at SB I think). It's hard to keep track of all the exact numbers as there are so many these days.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
If you want one of the special packed versions done for that specific day then it may be harder to get.

But just like I explained, over the last few years every single "exclusive" figure has been released as a wide release as well. The Copper storm trooper that was sold at the store Choocolate (kinda like Asian banana republic type store..it's a clothing store) was harder to find (it has a unique slip cover on the box and a different base plate) but you could still order the copper storm trooper through a dozen different sites at retail. The exact same thing for stealth mk7 and the chrome armor batman. The Toys r us exclusive storm trooper only had 300 total production but you could order the striker without a sticker box at sideshow or secret base or toy sapien or bbts for retail.

If you want one of the specially boxed (may just be a sticker on the box is all that's different) versions handed out at the show then yes, there will be a limited supply. But the figure itself will be sold to everyone as a standard figure minus that little add on for the show.

Maria hill was an event only and limited to 600 last year throughly the exact same store as this one. And guess what...they are now offering her as an add on bonus at sideshow Becuase they can't sell her.

The ichobod crane figure was even more limited (300 I think) for the Tim burton show and yet that figure was nearly half off at sideshow. And was placed up for order a day after the show.

The Stan Lee figure that's not out yet was made for Stan Lee convention. Yet it was also sold at sideshow.

A new avenger outfit Scarlet witch will be made availble, it may not be the exact same version sold for that show...Ie it may have a different slip cover or box or stand...but it will be available.

I would say the same if it is only currently available in Japan and maybe Hong Kong...but maybe SSC will get it eventually? (And be sold out in minutes or days?)

Doubt it. Look at the photo I posted Above. All four of those figures where done exactly the same. Only sold in one location when announced and in limited numbers and three of those four where heavily discounted.

Why do you think this will sell out? There are nearly a dozen figures released in the last two years that where done exactly this same way and 1 of those sold out. Just one.

The copper chrome storm trooper was limited to 500. In one store in one city. (Hong Kong choocolate store) but it was also sold with a different base everywhere else. And was cheaper. Of course you didn't get the free tshirt, but we all have our cross to bear.

image.jpg

Tell you what, if this doesn't go up for sale on ssc you can have mine from the show on 4/29.

Last edited:
Doubt it. Look at the photo I posted Above. All four of those figures where done exactly the same. Only sold in one location when announced and in limited numbers and three of those four where heavily discounted.

Why do you think this will sell out? There are nearly a dozen figures released in the last two years that where done exactly this same way and 1 of those sold out. Just one.

The copper chrome storm trooper was limited to 500. In one store in one city. (Hong Kong choocolate store) but it was also sold with a different base everywhere else. And was cheaper. Of course you didn't get the free tshirt, but we all have our cross to bear.

View attachment 258122

Tell you what, if this doesn't go up for sale on ssc you can have mine from the show on 4/29.

Guess we will wait and see what happens.

Considering the AOU ver is $229 at SSC, and the exclusive Maria Hill was $219 with minimal accessories, I believe will likely be $250-$280 as an exclusive! Ouch! That will be like the price of AOU Cap!
The price for Hot Toys figures is always more expensive for the Japanese market. I bet that she will be price $229.99 just like the first version.

I like this version a lot but prefer the CW outfit. Only way I would be disappointed not getting this version is if a CW version doesn't get made.

image.jpeg

They even have it advertised with another "exclusive"..one that was available last year as an exclusive.

There's just no factual (or even anecdotal) evidence to say this figure will hard to find or rare or limited. I can name off 30 or so other figures that have had the same by lines in ads, the same exclusive title and they all where sold for retail through the hot toys world wide distribution network. A couple of the very first exclusives may have been truly exclusive. I can't remember if the silly things or mk4 grey or the WM milk where on sideshow off the top of my head. But even those where pretty easy to aquire at the time they came out.

In the last three plus years there have been five or so figures.. each year...that have gotten that same marketing and all where easy to find and buy for msrp or less. From Star spangled cap to Elizabeth swan to Midas and tank and mk3stealth and Hill and crane and Luke and Gordon and batman and joker and dozens more.

There's really nothing I can recall that would show that this won't get put up on sideshows site at a retail price.

View attachment 258166

They even have it advertised with another "exclusive"..one that was available last year as an exclusive.

There's just no factual (or even anecdotal) evidence to say this figure will hard to find or rare or limited. I can name off 30 or so other figures that have had the same by lines in ads, the same exclusive title and they all where sold for retail through the hot toys world wide distribution network. A couple of the very first exclusives may have been truly exclusive. I can't remember if the silly things or mk4 grey or the WM milk where on sideshow off the top of my head. But even those where pretty easy to aquire at the time they came out.

In the last three plus years there have been five or so figures.. each year...that have gotten that same marketing and all where easy to find and buy for msrp or less. From Star spangled cap to Elizabeth swan to Midas and tank and mk3stealth and Hill and crane and Luke and Gordon and batman and joker and dozens more.

There's really nothing I can recall that would show that this won't get put up on sideshows site at a retail price.

What about Rose Hill Tony Stark? ;)

Thanks for the fast answers and help.
Okay, I really don't care about the special box. I would also take her in a pink hello kitty box;)
So there's hope :)

I have gone back to read the descriptions again, it says: "Accessories: Special powers effect parts X2, interchangeable hand parts X4, display stand"

Wow, that's really weak on accessories...typical exclusive fare...I was hoping she would have the same hand parts as AOU...but maybe not...have to see...

Whoa whoa, hey now Motux, if anyone's calling dibs on your one if it doesn't go up on SS, I think we all know who's first in line..... ;) :lol

I have gone back to read the descriptions again, it says: "Accessories: Special powers effect parts X2, interchangeable hand parts X4, display stand"

Wow, that's really weak on accessories...typical exclusive fare...I was hoping she would have the same hand parts as AOU...but maybe not...have to see...

That's disappointing, I was hoping for the original hands too. Maybe the special powers effects will be different than the AOU one? I'm still getting this either way, but it'd be nice if this had a selling point other than the sweet outfit.

Back