1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My review is up fellas!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h8p-k7stE0s

Let me know your thoughts!

Your reviews are very classy. Really make the figures look great. I was resisting getting this one, but after your good look....wavering. Didn't "listen" to the comments so, I don't know if you covered this but...
Does the Rogers portrait that accompanies this figure work with the Steve Rogers from the WS set? If yes...that could be the "push" I need...

Thanks again for the good look. Looking forward to your BvS Armored Batman review...

I would presume that it does. I believe it's a second time repaint of that sculpt, the first being for the AoU figure which is compatible with TWS Steve Rogers figure.

Your reviews are very classy. Really make the figures look great. I was resisting getting this one, but after your good look....wavering. Didn't "listen" to the comments so, I don't know if you covered this but...
Does the Rogers portrait that accompanies this figure work with the Steve Rogers from the WS set? If yes...that could be the "push" I need...

Thanks again for the good look. Looking forward to your BvS Armored Batman review...

Thanks for the compliments man :)

The Rogers HS comes with the standard neck plug. I'd love to give you a more definitive answer, but sadly my WS Rogers is tucked away deep within the confines of my stacks of boxes :(

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes, it is compatible. As silver star suggested, it's Interchangeable with the AoU cap since its been recycled from the WS HS, I can't imagine HT going even further to screw with collectors by NOT making it compatible.

You know what Jedi? I looked at the Rogers HS again, and I will say with complete confidence it IS compatible with the Rogers from WS. It's got the standard TT neck plug.

Do you have the AoU cap?

That being the case, I would have went with the BV figure since you seem to have preferred more qualities about that one and then snared the interchangeable face plate sculpt from the regular version on eBay. For regular version owners who want the BD shield or the base, parts from the BV will be more difficult and more expensive to pick up being that they're from an EX version, so less in circulation.

If I wanted anything from the BV, it would only be the BD shield, but I prefer the clean suit, the interchangeable face plate sculpt and the base of the regular version.

For me personally, the BV base makes the figure look too statue-esque and at no point in the film I believe was he ever standing in that much of a pile of rubble (the most common and extremely redundant and overused setting that HT seems to give their diorama bases) in front of a brick wall. Not to mention it limits poseability because you're essentially forced to pose the figure around how the objects are configured on the base.

I should have went the BV route for sure, but I HAD to have the face plates first & not later. I will suffer now (but not really, since I'll still enjoy the figure either way! :p )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have went the BV route for sure, but I HAD to have the face plates first & not later. I will suffer now (but not really, since I'll still enjoy the figure either way! :p )

Don't feel like you missed out on anything. IMO This standard version is the one to get And you will definitely enjoy it. If you want the scratched up shield, there are so many ways of securing one. As for the "dirty" look...haha well if you're not opposed to smearing paint and mod yourself a BV, you can do that.

Don't feel like you missed out on anything. IMO This standard version is the one to get And you will definitely enjoy it. If you want the scratched up shield, there are so many ways of securing one. As for the "dirty" look...haha well if you're not opposed to smearing paint and mod yourself a BV, you can do that.

true. I know the scratched shield will be easy to acquire. I need this cap to be dirty since I feel it best represents him from the movie, but I'm WAY too scared to do it myself! I'd love for some blood also - that would make it perfect for me!

but....I will be pretty happy to have an "angry cap" though! like I said earlier, that's what's swayed me the regular version route! any day now, either tom or thurs, it should arrive!

true. I know the scratched shield will be easy to acquire. I need this cap to be dirty since I feel it best represents him from the movie, but I'm WAY too scared to do it myself! I'd love for some blood also - that would make it perfect for me!

but....I will be pretty happy to have an "angry cap" though! like I said earlier, that's what's swayed me the regular version route! any day now, either tom or thurs, it should arrive!

I feel the same way. The gritting teeth mouth is awesome. It Puts the "action" in action figure collectible. And as a collector, let alone a reviewer, it's fun to have options.

I painfully skipped on the AoU cap. As I mentioned in my vid, the last cap I own is the WS ver. This release isn't a monumental leap for the character, but the incremental improvement is very welcomed. As for modding it...it's really not that hard for the outfit. You should look up some tutorials on YT if you TRULY desire a dirtied cap outfit.

I feel the same way. The gritting teeth mouth is awesome. It Puts the "action" in action figure collectible. And as a collector, let alone a reviewer, it's fun to have options.

I painfully skipped on the AoU cap. As I mentioned in my vid, the last cap I own is the WS ver. This release isn't a monumental leap for the character, but the incremental improvement is very welcomed. As for modding it...it's really not that hard for the outfit. You should look up some tutorials on YT if you TRULY desire a dirtied cap outfit.

agree! this guy will be in some kindof action pose all the time!

I will def look up some stuff, but I just don't know if I have the guts to do it myself. I've customized figures before, but never any of my hot toys! feels like a sin haha!
I may have to add some blood effects though in the very least some day...

agree! this guy will be in some kindof action pose all the time!

I will def look up some stuff, but I just don't know if I have the guts to do it myself. I've customized figures before, but never any of my hot toys! feels like a sin haha!
I may have to add some blood effects though in the very least some day...

Yup! :clap

I am thinking of heavily customizing this figure. I have the BV Cap and i'm leaving that alone but i would like to have this one look more like how he looked at the end of CW when he was fighting bucky. Dirty, beat up, bloody, gunshot wounds, etc. Not trying for any movie acurate look just a really beat up Cap.

I am thinking of heavily customizing this figure. I have the BV Cap and i'm leaving that alone but i would like to have this one look more like how he looked at the end of CW when he was fighting bucky. Dirty, beat up, bloody, gunshot wounds, etc. Not trying for any movie acurate look just a really beat up Cap.

I'm seriously considering modding the crap outta this cap.

I wish I had the skill to seriously mod a figure, like Tony Mei does. I don't mind switching accessories for a customized appearance, like putting the Avengers Cap boots and gauntlets on this, but never irreversibly modded anything.

I'll try to pick up some spare faceplates to add blood to. The "I can do this all day" route is very indicative of a spare plate I had hoped would be included.

I think both versions (BV and regular version) are cool and you can't necessarily go wrong with either (though I personally prefer the regular version), but I do think the two figures could have been combined to make one really cool figure with a myriad of display options that I'm almost certain would have made a lot of money and sold out many places. It coming with two different shields (clean and BD) and the interchangeable face plates I think would have done that, which to me, are the two features that are the main selling points for each figure.

Especially with CW being lauded as being the marquee Cap film and arguably the marquee Marvel film thus far. It would have been cool to see them do something different with Cap (include the interchangeable face plates) while also doing something they haven't done in awhile since A1 Cap, which is further add to his display options by including two different shields.

Agreed. I had really hoped they would have included the two shields and a BD faceplate in with the others. Would have made it an even more awesome Cap release. Unfortunately I think the days of getting something like that are gone.

Back