1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrooklynWolf X, really nice review! Just subscribed to the channel to watch something different from the classic reviews, which of course I like a lot anyway. Great job with the poses, the quality of the video, and the stop motion!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

BrooklynWolf X, really nice review! Just subscribed to the channel to watch something different from the classic reviews, which of course I like a lot anyway. Great job with the poses, the quality of the video, and the stop motion!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Wow grazie! :hi5:

In your review, you said the battle version was useless or something to that extent. Whats your reasoning behind that? Just curious, not trying to ruffle feathers

I'm not gonna speak for Brooklyn, but I would say, based on the images we've seen, the overall package offered with the normal figure gives a lot more. Really all the BV offers is an elaborate base and an extra paint pass through.

The best thing the battle version brings is the damaged shield, the suit wear is subtle (and would have been better if it hadn't had the A's on the shoulders) but I am done with these completely uneven bases which just make posing difficult. For me the regular package is the one to get, I do think from the enthusiasm for the latest shield its going to be a much sought after and so expensive part out item.

An elaborate base is a cool idea, but to me they're useless. I think the figure should be the focus of attention, not the stand. I buy regular crotch grabber stands for all my figures.

I think what he was saying is that if you have BV, there's not really much to get you to buy this one as an "upgrade" to the latest version.

Personally, I haven't gotten a Cap since Avengers 1, and I have this one coming. Very excited!

In your review, you said the battle version was useless or something to that extent. Whats your reasoning behind that? Just curious, not trying to ruffle feathers

Nah dude, it's cool, no feathers are ruffled haha. In my review I was taking it easy on the BV. When it was announced a few months back, I was extremely vocal and POed about it. It didn't make any sense to me. The entire concept was a disservice to the fans. My issues with it are: it was an obvious greedy cash grab with an exclusive sticker slapped on it, it was called battling version...yet there wasn't much battling to it, it came with the scratched up shield when it should've either came with the standard version or release a TRULY BATTLING VERSION;with a bloodied head sculpt and effed up outfit (because by the end of the movie,cap gets visually really effed up), and finally, it's bad enough they recycled so many parts for the BV...they recycled the display stand that came with their Kerberos release. It was trying to pad out the accessories to mask what the figure really was...a greedy cash grab.

The version I filmed, to me, made more sense because they finally introduced something cap was sorely missing from the past few releases...the exchangeable mouth plate. Cap is like superman, there isn't much you can do with him in terms of accessories. Which is why the face plate was a refreshing new addition, and the omission of the scratched up shield was a stupid decision.

I'm not knocking on the fans that bought it. They bought it because they were passionate about a "new" captain America release...I'm angry at HT for allowing it to be made in the first place. I've heard so many people use this as a means to defend HT: (or at the very least, to justify their purchase) "that they're a company that wants to make money". I'm well aware of that. They can do that, but at the same time they need to think about their fan base. What I would've preferred: a 2nd release of cap that truly had battle wear and battle damage. Perhaps another an additional face plate that had blood applications that was seen in the movie. It's clear to me why the battling version explicitly did NOT say battle damage because there was NO damage...just some dirt here and there and dirty knee pads...wow sign me the eff up.

Ok I went on for too long about this haha. Remember, it's just MY opinion. If people are happy with it, great. I personally just can't understand it.

I'm not gonna speak for Brooklyn, but I would say, based on the images we've seen, the overall package offered with the normal figure gives a lot more. Really all the BV offers is an elaborate base and an extra paint pass through.

Yup. Although to make up for recycling the Steve Rogers HS a 4th time, I wish they gave us just one more exchangeable mouth. When I made the review, it really had a lot of fun filming it with the gritted teeth. I just LOVE options with my collectibles. It's one of the reasons why the batman figures are so much fun because of the posing possibilities it provides. Captain America as a character as well as his movies being such great successes...he really deserves a perfect release. If not perfect, at least something close to it.

The best thing the battle version brings is the damaged shield, the suit wear is subtle (and would have been better if it hadn't had the A's on the shoulders) but I am done with these completely uneven bases which just make posing difficult. For me the regular package is the one to get, I do think from the enthusiasm for the latest shield its going to be a much sought after and so expensive part out item.

I already POed the damaged shield from onesixthkit haha. Don't eBay the official one, you're just wasting money like that :lol

An elaborate base is a cool idea, but to me they're useless. I think the figure should be the focus of attention, not the stand. I buy regular crotch grabber stands for all my figures.

Word. It sucks even more knowing it was recycled from another completely unrelated release.

I just subscribed as well BrooklynWolf X. :) Nice work, keep it up!

Thank you!!

I think what he was saying is that if you have BV, there's not really much to get you to buy this one as an "upgrade" to the latest version.

Personally, I haven't gotten a Cap since Avengers 1, and I have this one coming. Very excited!

Yup. As I mentioned in the review, if this is: your first cap, get it! Or: If you own the BV, just eBay this versions head and mouth plate. The crossbones helmet...it really didn't do much for me.

I already POed the damaged shield from onesixthkit haha. Don't eBay the official one, you're just wasting money like that :lol

I actually meant the regular shield, fair few people praising it as the best one so far and planning on picking up extras for upgrades to older figures or customs.

Agreed on One Sixth Kit, I would say I would be tempted to pick one up myself though the description lists a order cutoff of May even if it does still appear available to buy.

I actually meant the regular shield, fair few people praising it as the best one so far and planning on picking up extras for upgrades to older figures or customs.

Agreed on One Sixth Kit, I would say I would be tempted to pick one up myself though the description lists a order cutoff of May even if it does still appear available to buy.

It really is a nice shield.

And crap...I Poed in July...I swear I didn't see the order cutoff. Maybe a second run?

It really is a nice shield.

And crap...I Poed in July...I swear I didn't see the order cutoff. Maybe a second run?

Maybe, I would hope they would have cancelled the order and let you know (also refunding any payment if there was one) I'm thinking I might email them tonight see if they are still available to order and I will let you know.

I think both versions (BV and regular version) are cool and you can't necessarily go wrong with either (though I personally prefer the regular version), but I do think the two figures could have been combined to make one really cool figure with a myriad of display options that I'm almost certain would have made a lot of money and sold out many places. It coming with two different shields (clean and BD) and the interchangeable face plates I think would have done that, which to me, are the two features that are the main selling points for each figure.

Especially with CW being lauded as being the marquee Cap film and arguably the marquee Marvel film thus far. It would have been cool to see them do something different with Cap (include the interchangeable face plates) while also doing something they haven't done in awhile since A1 Cap, which is further add to his display options by including two different shields.

I think both versions (BV and regular version) are cool and you can't necessarily go wrong with either (though I personally prefer the regular version), but I do think the two figures could have been combined to make one really cool figure with a myriad of display options that I'm almost certain would have made a lot of money and sold out many places. It coming with two different shields (clean and BD) and the interchangeable face plates I think would have done that, which to me, are the two features that are the main selling points for each figure.

Especially with CW being lauded as being the marquee Cap film and arguably the marquee Marvel film thus far. It would have been cool to see them do something different with Cap (include the interchangeable face plates) while also doing something they haven't done in awhile since A1 Cap, which is further add to his display options by including two different shields.

this!

I wish I could combine both because I want the face plates from the regular( which is what I'm getting), but would love some weathering & damage done to the shield & uniform...plus I really want that BV base :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I might commission someone to add some blood to the angry faceplate. I think this figure is really missing a third plate with his lips parted a bit. He looks like that a lot

this!

I wish I could combine both because I want the face plates from the regular( which is what I'm getting), but would love some weathering & damage done to the shield & uniform...plus I really want that BV base :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That being the case, I would have went with the BV figure since you seem to have preferred more qualities about that one and then snared the interchangeable face plate sculpt from the regular version on eBay. For regular version owners who want the BD shield or the base, parts from the BV will be more difficult and more expensive to pick up being that they're from an EX version, so less in circulation.

If I wanted anything from the BV, it would only be the BD shield, but I prefer the clean suit, the interchangeable face plate sculpt and the base of the regular version.

For me personally, the BV base makes the figure look too statue-esque and at no point in the film I believe was he ever standing in that much of a pile of rubble (the most common and extremely redundant and overused setting that HT seems to give their diorama bases) in front of a brick wall. Not to mention it limits poseability because you're essentially forced to pose the figure around how the objects are configured on the base.

I think I might commission someone to add some blood to the angry faceplate. I think this figure is really missing a third plate with his lips parted a bit. He looks like that a lot

Just wait for the Captain America Civil War Mouth Breathing version.

Or the "actual" battle damaged version that will be based on his look from the final fight scene with Iron Man, not merely the "battling version".

Back