1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
160214024637511017.jpg

160214024637886822.jpg

160214024637233138.jpg

160214024636859700.jpg

160214024637789501.jpg

16021402463770528.jpg

So the head/neck will be two separate pieces. That's much better! More range of motion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah man, after seeing an up close shot of angry Cap I'm going to have to PO this bad boy as soon as it's released. :rotfl I kept telling myself I didn't want it, but after looking at how different the two figures actually are and then seeing the angry face it's a must. Luckily I only collect Cap and Ironman.

So the head/neck will be two separate pieces. That's much better! More range of motion!

It also means anyone with AoU Cap could pick up this head as an upgrade to the one they have when they get parted out... I doubt they changed the neck post seeming they are using the WS Rogers head again.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

It also means anyone with AoU Cap could pick up this head as an upgrade to the one they have when they get parted out... I doubt they changed the neck post seeming they are using the WS Rogers head again.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Yeah that's true. It'd be the cheaper option to get the angry cap head. I'm selling my AOU cap on so I can buy this guy!

I'm going to use the un-helmeted sculpt AoU sculpt on my AoU Cap and leave this helmeted sculpt on CW Cap. To be entirely honest, the non-helmeted sculpt that is included with CW Cap is near useless as it's essentially just TWS and AoU sculpt again. If I were to display CW Cap without his helmet I'd no doubt use it being that it's the sculpt that the figure comes with, but I don't really think it was necessary.

As far as un-helmeted sculpts go, I think their only option right now to do anything that is truly different is to make a battle damaged one where his face is marred up a bit. Or change the facial expression on it instead of just repainting the placement of the eyes.

taking a dump Cap

I'll take it over "rearranging his sock drawer" Cap.

After so many bland/vacant/neutral faces on their headsculpts, I dig seeing HT finally go for some emotion!

They need to push themselves to maintain their edge . . . no laurel-resting allowed! :wink1:

Plus--it's Civil War . . . Rodgers is due to get really fighting mad.

___

I'll take it over "rearranging his sock drawer" Cap.

After so many bland/vacant/neutral faces on their headsculpts, I dig seeing HT finally go for some emotion!

They need to push themselves to maintain their edge . . . no laurel-resting allowed! :wink1:

Plus--it's Civil War . . . Rodgers is due to get really fighting mad.

___

:exactly: x10

I think the expression is pretty cool being that it provides a bit of variety from the stoic, emotionless expressions on so many of their sculpts. There's very few sculpts that HT produces that convey any sort of emotion. I also think a pissed off expression represents Cap's emotions in this film perfectly. Like you mentioned, it's CW; he's due to get "really fighting mad". He's essentially being bullied and forced to abandon what he believes in and believes as being right, and is being made out to be a fugitive or a villain (again, like in TWS). If I were him, I'd get pretty pissed off also if you're continually being made out to be a "bad guy" just because you won't change what you believe as being right to suit someone else's agenda that you believe to be wrong.

Not to mention his response to Tony Stark when Tony told him in AoU, "I don't trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old fashioned."

"Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet."

Yeah, the open-mouthed scream would have been very nice.

I truly believe that they were probably referencing this exact screen grab though from the segment in the trailer where he and Bucky were beating down IM, and were attempting to capture that emotion.

attachment.php

The expression itself I think is fine. I think what perhaps makes that particular expression plate look a bit awkward to some is that while it doesn't look bad, the eyes on the sculpt don't particularly match the mouth expression extremely well.

160214024637886822.jpg

I think I will still be using it though. At least to start off with.

I always never minded sculpts with more active expressions as long as they provided a neutral one as well. I just always use the neutral expression more since i'm a museum pose dude.

Back