1/6 Hot Toys - MMS331D13 - Iron Man 2 - War Machine Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - War Machine Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Ooooooh! Do you mind considering buying the 1/6 1989 Batmobile around maybe Monday or Tuesday next week so that HT announces a reissue by Wednesday next week?

I just perused the asking prices for that on eBay. Sorry, even at 50% off that would be a NO. I'd be lying if I said otherwise. :lol

Ha! You must be lucky or something buddy! Gimme some of that luck! :1-1:

It was a fleeting moment, which quickly passed after reviewing everything else I'm anticipating paying for in the next few months. So more coming to my senses than luck. Still, I was gobsmacked by HT's timing. :lol

Glad I got another chance at this.

This and the Arkham Knight were both tied for my most wanted figures I wanted HT to reissue. One down (War Machine) and one to go (Arkham Knight).

I always believed that this was the best WM armor. Now, if they just repaint the Endgame armor in these colors, now that one would win out for me.

Despite Marvel not being my main focus, this is one of my favorite Hot Toys figures.

While it's good for people who don't own it to get another chance, it's really disappointing to see Hot Toys reissue figures without bringing out more completely new figures that aren't repaints or rehashes.

I certainly don't blame them for chasing easy profit where they see it. They are a business first and foremost. But man, it really feels like they've lost some of their spark.

Despite Marvel not being my main focus, this is one of my favorite Hot Toys figures.

While it's good for people who don't own it to get another chance, it's really disappointing to see Hot Toys reissue figures without bringing out more completely new figures that aren't repaints or rehashes.

I certainly don't blame them for chasing easy profit where they see it. They are a business first and foremost. But man, it really feels like they've lost some of their spark.

It is crazy how the market jumps for these figures. Man, once the waitlist hits on SS, it is game on. Howard probably sees aftermarket in relation to production and Iron Man/Batman are no brainers. We are probably in the middle of SM stuff, so no need yet on reissuing him. Han and Chewie are big headscratchers with their market value. I can only imagine it will be soon for some version of those two.

I asked this on facebook. Do you think that Hot Toys might be struggling with development of the new figures due to the pandemic and are doing reissues of known sellers for revenue to stay afloat seeing that they already have all the molds?

I asked this on facebook. Do you think that Hot Toys might be struggling with development of the new figures due to the pandemic and are doing reissues of known sellers for revenue to stay afloat seeing that they already have all the molds?
No I think it’s more to do with a whole year of film delays creating a shortage of otherwise high volume figures for them to ship in 2022.

I think some of these would've been reissued with and without the pandemic, but some of it is probably related in terms of new movies being delayed repeatedly.

Hot Toys is not the only one. Both LEGO and Hasbro has revealed sets and figures from past Marvel films under the Infinity Saga branding to fill the void that delaying the Phase 4 of the MCU has created.

Hot Toys is sitting on a lot of Phase 4 prototypes and designs and possibly even materials for Black Widow solo movie figures sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I got this bad boy for $341 back in the day when it was retailing for $360 USD.

Just ordered it at AE with a $35 reward coupon, so I'm getting him for $340. Beat you by a dollar! :rotfl

If Endgame Cap wasn't delayed I would have had a $50 coupon, but no complaints.

Just ordered it at AE with a $35 reward coupon, so I'm getting him for $340. Beat you by a dollar! :rotfl

If Endgame Cap wasn't delayed I would have had a $50 coupon, but no complaints.

Congrats Buff! Your full potential and purpose in life has now truly been realized! I salute thee! :clap

But in all seriousness, congrats on securing this figure for a solid price. I'm actually surprised you didn't own him the first time around.

:idea Just had an idea. I believe HT reissued Whiplash and the Mark V because they knew they were going to release the Racetrack suit-up Tony figure. What if they are reissuing War Machine because they are going to announce a Justin Hammer figure?! And then follow that up with the Hammer Drones?! They need War Machine on stage for those pictures.

screen-shot-2020-05-04-at-2.59.57-pm-copy.jpg

Iron-Man-2-Justin-Hammer.jpg

Congrats Buff! Your full potential and purpose in life has now truly been realized! I salute thee! :clap

But in all seriousness, congrats on securing this figure for a solid price. I'm actually surprised you didn't own him the first time around.

Thanks g$! I think the first time around I hadn't fully committed to the diecast craze, but once all the newer IMs went diecast and grew in size I gradually started updating my older ones (Mks IV through VII). This WM was the one suit that I still needed.

Man, definitely getting this one on PO later in the year. Gonna stock pile those SS points first.

Hopefully we get a Ironman MK3. These two I missed the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

191251697_4041030852632159_1203418029752990367_n.jpg

Man, definitely getting this one on PO later in the year. Gonna stock pile those SS points first.

Hopefully we get a Ironman MK3. These two I missed the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that mk III was quite a bit shorter than the other die cast iron men though.

Back