Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at some of the small amount of sold ones and they we're selling at best offer around £200, which is about the same as the new Scar roughly.

You wont get the high prices like before until maybe a few years down the road when all the new ones are sold out, and even then people might prefer the new ones.

Last edited:
I looked at some of the small amount of sold ones and they we're selling at best offer around £200, which is about the same as the new Scar roughly.

You wont get the high prices like before until maybe a few years down the road when all the new ones are sold out, and even then people might prefer the new ones.

PO of new scar is $170,
The old scar is around $350-$400 depend in condition

Still in the high price isn't

So where did you see in low price then?
Ebay sellers holding on to scalper prices because they are delusional and kidding themselves in to thinking the original figures are still worth that much with the re-makes coming out are not a fair gauge of what they are worth now. Im constantly seeing auctions for the old AVP Predators being listed at half of what they used to be 2 years ago, i get excited and tempted to buy then i realise they are half the price and still now over priced because of the new figure we have coming.

When i saw your message last night i did actually search ebay for the AVP Predators and the only ones i found were $500 Buy it nows ( which means they are not selling) and cheaper ones with 0 bids. I literally didnt see any with a bid. Thats why i replied. Im sure you could find some which do have bids but then i could find ones that are reasonably priced for these days and watch them end without a bid but i dont want to play that game.

The figures are outdated in every single way bar 2. The elbow and knees on the older versions bent a little bit more.

You have an awesome collection, it looks great and you spent alot of money on them. But the Old scar Vs new Scar is a no contest.

Ebay sellers holding on to scalper prices because they are delusional and kidding themselves in to thinking the original figures are still worth that much with the re-makes coming out are not a fair gauge of what they are worth now. Im constantly seeing auctions for the old AVP Predators being listed at half of what they used to be 2 years ago, i get excited and tempted to buy then i realise they are half the price and still now over priced because of the new figure we have coming.

When i saw your message last night i did actually search ebay for the AVP Predators and the only ones i found were $500 Buy it nows ( which means they are not selling) and cheaper ones with 0 bids. I literally didnt see any with a bid. Thats why i replied. Im sure you could find some which do have bids but then i could find ones that are reasonably priced for these days and watch them end without a bid but i dont want to play that game.

The figures are outdated in every single way bar 2. The elbow and knees on the older versions bent a little bit more.

You have an awesome collection, it looks great and you spent alot of money on them. But the Old scar Vs new Scar is a no contest.

Like as i said on my previous post..
Everyone has their own choices..

AVP and predator has loosing their hype and the market demand is very low .. that's normal because the latest predators movies is about 2010 (3 years ago) and people gradually forgot for what it was..

Sorry but i have to disagreed one thing from your statement,
The old predator doest have defect at all, specially in elbow and knees..
Mine doesn't bent even a little.. I take care of my predator and play it almost everyday, so i know any changes of my figures..

But i must agreed with you,
The old pred and new pred can not be compare/contest,
Because the old one is model kits and the new one is not.. It's just totaly different class

the old pred bodies don't have articulation.

predatortoy1.jpg

you didn't say that added articulation on early HT bodies was bad. at the same time they looked better.

same should happen now, but it doesn't for predators.

Comparing the HT model kits to kenner toys is really far-fetched. IMO its a trade-off. More articulation would mean more obvious joints which would mean a less realistic looking model. Ironman's a robot and can get away with this but not preds.

PO of new scar is $170,
The old scar is around $350-$400 depend in condition

Still in the high price isn't

Well i was looking at the UK ebay 1 so i'm just going by the ones sold on there. The new scar with postage is £165 roughly and the old has been selling for around £200 posted.

Well i was looking at the UK ebay 1 so i'm just going by the ones sold on there. The new scar with postage is £165 roughly and the old has been selling for around £200 posted.

Can you give me the link,
For that price i would buy the old scar too

Back