Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never said he didn't like the design.

my point is, i know you think avp is an abomination, like so many other pred elitists out there, and thats rediculous because it created a concept and designs that people clearly luv. I get tired of being the only one to stand up for avp when all you guys talking **** on it seem to love the figures and designs too, if you hate it, stay off the avp forums and dont buy the figures, if you like it act like you do, thats my point :nana: :lol

my point is, i know you think avp is an abomination, like so many other pred elitists out there, and thats rediculous because it created a concept and designs that people clearly luv. I get tired of being the only one to stand up for avp when all you guys talking **** on it seem to love the figures and designs too, if you hate it, stay off the avp forums and dont buy the figures, if you like it act like you do, thats my point :nana: :lol
Didn't I already tell you I like AvP? In fact, I love it. It gets way too much hate. It's a great movie with great designs (minus Scar's unmasked head, Elder's cape, etc). It's a good movie in general, but it pisses all over the two franchises. Which is why so many people dislike it.

But we're comparing AvP and Predator 2. Predator 2 is far superior to anything AvP related. Better movie, better designs. Although I like the AvP predator designs, they're not very original whereas P2's design is completely unique to himself.

Depending on sales they will make a Celtic 2.0 one day however there's more important Preds to remake first though.
I'm guessing we'll see either Celtic or the P2 Elder next in 1/6. Most logical guesses IMO. No idea what's happening with the 1/4 scale predators though.

Didn't I already tell you I like AvP? In fact, I love it. It gets way too much hate. It's a great movie with great designs (minus Scar's unmasked head, Elder's cape, etc). It's a good movie in general, but it pisses all over the two franchises. Which is why so many people dislike it.

But we're comparing AvP and Predator 2. Predator 2 is far superior to anything AvP related. Better movie, better designs. Although I like the AvP predator designs, they're not very original whereas P2's design is completely unique to himself.

Opinion and :cuckoo: avp designs not very original :cuckoo: each bio is unique to itself, examples, wolf, celtic, chopper, ancients, enough said :lecture

Not opinion, fact. P2 > AvP. Always and forever.

I'm not talking about AvP:R, but as for the originality...

Honestly, all the AvP bios are essentially slightly altered P1 bios. :monkey1

Chopper's bio is probably the most unique. But still, nothing spectacular. The only thing special about Celtic's is the mouth, which was based on Gort. A SWS design. Scar's bio is a warped P1 bio. The ancients' bios are base P1 bios with some slight modifications AKA added junk.

City Hunter's, however, is an entirely new design that borrows nothing from P1's.

But I wasn't just talking about the bio masks. The AvP trio's designs in general aren't original.

The AvP shuriken and combi-stick are weapons we've seen in just about every ninja movie ever made. Very generic designs. The only change made to the wrist blades was the length, which was increased by about two feet. Make'em bigger, very original. :monkey1 There's the uh, giant goofy-looking arm blade that served no purpose in the movie. The plasma casters which were simply enlarged P1 casters with more parts. What else? Oh, right. The dagger. :lol

Compare those to City Hunter's smart disc, combi-stick, plasma caster, etc.

Man, I miss Stan Winston and KPH. Imagine what it would've been like if they had worked on AvP... :drool

Me personally I Love AVP story and all. The design of the P2 Predator is awkward to me but still cool. Great movie and all but I have to love every detail if I am going to buy a piece. Accurate or not Celtic and Scar are a must for me, yea Scars dreads could be longer but that's so minor, but I still will not be getting Chopper simply because I do not like his look. There is no way I'm missing out on these guys a second time around they will look great next to my Classic and Mr. Black

Man, I miss Stan Winston and KPH. Imagine what it would've been like if they had worked on AvP... :drool

4kzo0.jpg

Me personally I Love AVP story and all. The design of the P2 Predator is awkward to me but still cool. Great movie and all but I have to love every detail if I am going to buy a piece. Accurate or not Celtic and Scar are a must for me, yea Scars dreads could be longer but that's so minor, but I still will not be getting Chopper simply because I do not like his look. There is no way I'm missing out on these guys a second time around they will look great next to my Classic and Mr. Black

Nice to see someone give some luv to avp :clap :lol The avp premise and armor/bios kicka$$ and scar :rock I really hope this figure comes out at least as good as the protos look so i can start my favorite clan of preds :blissy

Nice to see someone give some luv to avp :clap :lol The avp premise and armor/bios kicka$$ and scar :rock I really hope this figure comes out at least as good as the protos look so i can start my favorite clan of preds :blissy

I can honestly say that AVP was my favorite movie of each franchise simply because they meshed them together and in my opinion did it very well. It shows the right amount of action and shows Aliens and Predators equally and has a unique story which must have been tough to come up with to tie it all together. Plus the Scar vs Alien Queen was just killer. :rock

I can honestly say that AVP was my favorite movie of each franchise simply because they meshed them together and in my opinion did it very well. It shows the right amount of action and shows Aliens and Predators equally and has a unique story which must have been tough to come up with to tie it all together. Plus the Scar vs Alien Queen was just killer. :rock

Scar vs alien queen scene was bada$$, the cgi pred scenes are awesome in avp. I really wish more people would have liked avp and avpr-my favorite pred movie cuz of wolf :wink1: Then we might have been able to see a clan capturing a queen from an alien world in cgi :thud:

I can honestly say that AVP was my favorite movie of each franchise simply because they meshed them together and in my opinion did it very well.

Whilst I enjoy AVP and it has great rewatch value I don't understand how you can say AVP is the best when films like Ridley's Alien and McTiernan's Predator exist, two of the best sci-fi films ever made.

My faves list would go like this
1. ALIENS
2. PREDATOR
3. AVP
4. All the aliens films sequels and original alien film
5. AVPR AND PREDATOR 2
6.Predators
STILL HOPING and preying for another avp or predator film to come back and be done right and kick some serious *** like the 1st predator and aliens films that will never be topped or done better then those 2 bad *** films....

My faves list would go like this
1. ALIENS
2. PREDATOR
3. AVP
4. All the aliens films sequels and original alien film
5. AVPR AND PREDATOR 2
6.Predators
STILL HOPING and preying for another avp or predator film to come back and be done right and kick some serious *** like the 1st predator and aliens films that will never be topped or done better then those 2 bad *** films....

Whilst we're it. My ranking would be:

1. Predator
2. Alien
3. Aliens
4. Predator 2
5. AVP/AVPR
6. Predators
7. Alien 3
8. I guess A:R needs to be mentioned.:lol

Last edited:
Whilst we're it. My ranking would be:

1. Predator
2. Alien
3. Aliens
4. Predator 2
5. AVP/AVPR
6. Predators
7. Alien 3
8. I guess A:R needs to be mentioned.:lol

It's really hard for me to make this list so I won't bother. But goose how can u put alien ahead of aliens, alien is great sci fi but it is such a snooze fest, while aliens is still a blast to watch and stands the test of time just like predator.

Back