Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea man expensive indeed. I'm already in 12 figures deep! Another 12 and I'll be caught up with my Macross collection.

ps. I sent you a friend request on here. See you back on macrossworld

Holy crap! I'm glad the only Hot Toys I collect are Iron Man Marks. Haha! Accepted request and see you their bro.

Hey, you may want to keep an eye out for AlterEgo since I got this email from them. Good luck!

null-64.png

and i'll bet they will be at retail. marc rocks!!!

So my last mk vii arrives from bbts, and I just stash it away. Hop on craigslist, and see someone is willing to trade for the 89 Batmobile for an IM mk vii and hulk. Opprotunity, I hear you knocking!

do your transaction in a public place. you never know who is going to reply on craigslist.

Alright... I finally received my Mark VII from BBTS yesterday! I am loving this fgure. Looks great, swappable parts seem to replace easily, joints seem pretty firm, and the Tony HS isn't so bad. So far my ONLY complaint about this figure: The palm repulsors are so bright that the light shows through the whole hand... making his hand glow through the plastic. If the rest of the hand had thicker plastic, that would've helped. But it's a minor gripe... maybe there's a way I can get inside the hand and put some sculpting putty in there or something...

Alright... I finally received my Mark VII from BBTS yesterday! I am loving this fgure. Looks great, swappable parts seem to replace easily, joints seem pretty firm, and the Tony HS isn't so bad. So far my ONLY complaint about this figure: The palm repulsors are so bright that the light shows through the whole hand... making his hand glow through the plastic. If the rest of the hand had thicker plastic, that would've helped. But it's a minor gripe... maybe there's a way I can get inside the hand and put some sculpting putty in there or something...

I have that same gripe.
The best way would be to repaint the hand in several coats of black paint. Then paint it silver and repaint the red. Should block the light coming through.

I find that his arms pops out of the socket very easily when posing him compared to the other IM figures. Has anyone else notice this?

its normal with this guy. im assuming they dialed back the tolerances for the swapping and so people would not stress the joints to the point of damage

I have that same gripe.
The best way would be to repaint the hand in several coats of black paint. Then paint it silver and repaint the red. Should block the light coming through.

try to angle the palm down so the "repulsor hole" lines up with the light. it doesn't totally eliminate it on a full battery powered light, but it reduces it significantly

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try repositioning the hand... and if that doesn't work, maybe the added layers of paint will be the final solution.
But again, good ideas...:clap

I've been buying Hot Toys since the first Predator and Colonial Marine figure kits and I've never had to pre-order anything in advance in order to get the figures I've wanted for retail price or less.

I think some of these changes might be due to Sideshow's new rules that make it harder for retailers to make a profit on their items by reducing the amount of units retailers can order and limiting the discount margin they're allowed to offer. Retailers have to resort to new ways to turn a profit, and selling in stock items for a higher profit margin, is one way of doing that. I think this limit is also creating a false sense of scarcity for collectors as well. They see these things sell out at retailers and start going into panic mode, but I'm betting most waitlist reservations will be fulfilled, which in turn will lead to more money for Sideshow since they're holding all the stock in house rather than giving it to the retailers.

True. By my experience I have been on the wait list 3 different times for Coulson,Fury and the Mk VI. All were converted to live orders.

True. By my experience I have been on the wait list 3 different times for Coulson,Fury and the Mk VI. All were converted to live orders.

I have a Hulk on SSC wait list since early June, never had a wait list item before. Do you think I've a good chance with it..?? Don't know when it sold out so no idea how close I was to the sold out day and me getting on the list though...

I have a Hulk on SSC wait list since early June, never had a wait list item before. Do you think I've a good chance with it..?? Don't know when it sold out so no idea how close I was to the sold out day and me getting on the list though...

I heard SSC was going to start contacting Waitlists after 8/23 for any available Hulks.
Good Luck!!

Back