Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very dissapointing.
What's the point of improving the figure over all (and it is) but screw the pooch on the sculpt?
HT needs to step it up on likenesses if they insist on steping up the prices. The hair line and the Decaprio brows really kill the likeness.
Maybe a few loose parts but that's it.

Who did the first Thor sculpt?

Last edited:
to me what defines these characters as MOVIE VERSION Avengers are the actors playing the parts, and if it looks nothing like the actor then I just don't know that there's any point, especially for $1000+ or whatever for a full set (and again I'm just talking the big four.)

Yeah, that is an excellent point. If it looks nothing like the actor then you are just not getting your money's worth.

I actually like the HS. I have the original and I am digging the expression but his eyes especially could use a bit of tweaking.

Kinda dissapointing.
What's the point of improving the figure over all (and it is)
but screw the pooch on the sculpt?
HT needs to step it up on likenesses if they insist on steping up the prices. The hair line and the Decaprio brows really kill the sculpt.
Maybe a few loose parts but that's it.

Unfortunately second issues/remakes of figures doesn't guarantee that the sculpt will be better. Their old Predator 2 head sculpt was far superior to the new one.

So, why is Thor $10 more than Nick Fury and Hawkeye? Based on what's included, isn't it painfully obvious that Thor should be at least $10 less? :dunno

526110_10150723126487344_58690437343_9615397_1378386795_n.jpg

398408_10150550355607344_58690437343_9123989_1935283127_n.jpg

561840_10150622114562344_58690437343_9364404_1555122944_n.jpg

Expect each and ever new figure from Hot Toys to go up in price. That's their MO.

I think you guys are exagerrating pretty much here.

I find several reasons why I am def getting this over the first and why I am shaking my head because several of you find the first to be better.

1.: Bulk (given, you guys said that too)
2.: Hair (first looked like s***, to say the least. Hair on the first looked like fixed to the head with got2be or something)
3.: Face (looks way more then Hemsworth and a bit more "norse" as the first, first looks way too babyface)

So why exactly are you thrashing the sculpt that much?! I'm seeing my Avengers already in my head and it looks gorgoeus.

And as I said before: I'll hybrid TFA Cap with Avengers Cap.

Can't wait for all...
:rock:

Unfortunately second issues/remakes of figures doesn't guarantee that the sculpt will be better. Their old Predator 2 head sculpt was far superior to the new one.

You know, I was 100% sure they would knock this one out of the park. I even remember saying I would pass on the previous one because "the Avengers version will be FAR superior!" . Hot Toys has improved their headsculpts in the way that they are more much realistic and life like. The likeness though, that still a hit or miss. That really is all up to the artist.

Damn i really was looking forward to this, but to me the facial sculpt just kills it...maybe i could make a thor/titanic display to feel better about it.

Back