Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't put Nick Fury in that group, I think he's outstanding. But the rest are, to one degree or another, trash.

Unfortunately Thor is the worst of the bunch, with the possible exception of Dastan.

Yeah Nick fury doesnt look nearly as bad as the rest of them.

Its very clear who all of the above sculpts are supposed to be, especially Stallone and Worthington. But Thor just isn't even close. This is just a "take off and nuke the fig from orbit" type of a situation.

Damn, I saw this really early in the morning and I have been pondering about it all day at work. I'm disappointed at the way this looks. What's in my mind right now is that one bad figure kind ruins the whole Avengers set if you ask me. Not really feeling the others that much either (aside from Cap) and I'm wondering if I'm considering buying these just for the sake of it buying it. I was blown away by that Avengers Hulk maquette. Now THAT is a collectible. This on the other hand is definitely not worth the money.

I'm disappointed at the way this looks. What's in my mind right now is that one bad figure kind ruins the whole Avengers set if you ask me. Not really feeling the others that much either (aside from Cap) and I'm wondering if I'm considering buying these just for the sake of it buying it.

Just wait until we see all the figures displayed together. Issues aside; it's going to have some sort of 'wow' factor.

Damn, I saw this really early in the morning and I have been pondering about it all day at work. I'm disappointed at the way this looks. What's in my mind right now is that one bad figure kind ruins the whole Avengers set if you ask me. Not really feeling the others that much either (aside from Cap) and I'm wondering if I'm considering buying these just for the sake of it buying it. I was blown away by that Avengers Hulk maquette. Now THAT is a collectible. This on the other hand is definitely not worth the money.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

If I were you I would just get the Hulk collectible and a few of the Hot Toys (whichever you liked) -- just cause it would be cool to have all of the Avengers doesn't mean it would be worth it. (especially if not all the figures are great) That's my take anyway. :)

Ordered it, I'm actually surprised by the $199 price given that this has a specialized body and such.

What's in my mind right now is that one bad figure kind ruins the whole Avengers set if you ask me. Not really feeling the others that much either (aside from Cap) and I'm wondering if I'm considering buying these just for the sake of it buying it.

Yep, once again that's my exact feeling as well. I'm first and foremost a Cap fan and will definitely pick him up. I thought the full line of at least the big four might be too cool to pass but to me what defines these characters as MOVIE VERSION Avengers are the actors playing the parts, and if it looks nothing like the actor then I just don't know that there's any point, especially for $1000+ or whatever for a full set (and again I'm just talking the big four.)

Hulk and Iron Man wouldn't have to be perfect because those are CG creations so Cap and Thor were going to be the anchors cementing this line. Cap looks good (and I think the masked portrait is a GREAT Evans) but Thor, barring any radical changes, ruins the other half of the actor recognition factor I would have wanted to have.

FB photo comparison:

y0lox.jpg

The shape of the eyes look wrong to me, and still the hair should be straighter. Still if they change that, I love the rest of the figure.

I think the body is much improved over the last. He was finally given some bulk which everyone _____ed about, including me.

Im exactly the same so wanted this figure to be awesome and it just doesnt look like chris hemsworth imo i already ordered cap,fury and hawkeye but this is not good enough i dont think

So, why is Thor $10 more than Nick Fury and Hawkeye? Based on what's included, isn't it painfully obvious that Thor should be at least $10 less? :dunno

526110_10150723126487344_58690437343_9615397_1378386795_n.jpg

398408_10150550355607344_58690437343_9123989_1935283127_n.jpg

561840_10150622114562344_58690437343_9364404_1555122944_n.jpg

Another thing funny is that everyone also complained about the neutral expression he had in the first version, it looks like he tried to over compensate a bit to make people happier and in the end it doesn't look as much like Hemsworth...Poor sculptor Im sure its pain in the ass to do.

Back