Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a hope that with this figure posed with his mask on and holding a spine in one hand and his spear in the other, it may give off a better P2 vibe.

Actually I think they could have placed another head on a small stand with the mask on so that we could see that better, but the mask is just lying on the "floor".

It's not two colors. I can guarantee that.

Now I know that you've seen the figure in-person, but it certainly looks like a lacking color scheme to me... But the paint is not the least of my concerns because it looks 70-80% correct to me. On the other hand, his armor looks very tight to the body, and too small from the looks of it. Imo his arms looks too skinny (and only slightly thicker than the original P2). The mandibles are still off. The mask is still off... And to make this figure even more desirable, there's a list of re-used parts in order to put this guy together.. :slap

You can disagree with my criticism all you want, and try to prove some of them wrong, but imo these are my reasons why this figure is a big disappointment to me. But, it is still the proto version and I am still excited to see how/if HT decided to do anything to fix this figure. :dunno

It's looks incredible, but it's not the same predator that we saw in predator 2. It just looks like Shadow Predator with P2 armour. oh wait....

I've bought this figure because of the 1st 3 words you used in your sentence. I've just chosen to ignore the accuracy issues :D

Before it's released in the US, I'm sure we'll get more pics to confirm its final configuration, as usual.

And, as usual, it will sell very well. :D

Before it's released in the US, I'm sure we'll get more pics to confirm its final configuration, as usual.

And, as usual, it will sell very well. :D

This kind of reminds of the big chap, it was torn to pieces before its release and rightfully so. Now look at the way it sells on ebay. I never would of guessed it.

This kind of reminds of the big chap, it was torn to pieces before its release and rightfully so. Now look at the way it sells on ebay. I never would of guessed it.

Damn, I wish there was a market for these figures here in Colombia... I've been trying to unload mine but nobody's interested.

Took some new pictures today. My camera really isn't that great, no professional photography attachments or lenses on it, and seeing the figure again today made me realize it doesn't quite capture the colors well. For those of you worried that the skin patternation is too much of a dark brown, it is actually reddish. I upped the saturation on my new photos to compensate for my camera's crappiness. Despite the modification, I assure you this is a more-accurate representation of the colors in real life:

2q0j50i.jpg

1zxp8aa.jpg

Is hot toys repeating what they did with the classic predator mask, built in mandibles?

Looks like my spare old P2 head can be use when the HT new P2 had released.

IMG_7696.jpg

Man, even these 2 head sculpts are far better than the new HT P2 head...

Looks like my spare old P2 head can be use when the HT new P2 had released.

IMG_7696.jpg

Man, even these 2 head sculpts are far better than the new HT P2 head...

Actually the one on the right looks really bad to me... I prefer the 1st HT BD P2, then the new one. BTW, is that a Neca figure?

Back