Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks good. Probably the best 1/6th Spidey ever. Looks like he has great articulation and the accessories are pretty great as well. Like the stone building edge. That should make for some cool posing options! :)

I'll not be getting it though. I'm planning on concentrating on the HT Tron: Legacy line :)

That answers my last question to you then. :lol

ii'm shocked at how good this looks, but I DO have two complaints.

1) If they did a cloth head, why not cloth boots?
well, if they are as flexable as the Dark Knight boots, then it's cool.

2) I do not like that we don't see his arms bending at greater than a 90 degree angle....
they may have used a wolverine style body with this... which was not necessary. the fact that only 30 points of articulation are listed, as opposed to 38, makes me think that might be the case as well.

but other than that, Looks awesome

In this photo his elbow looks bent further than 90 degrees.

156598_466374112343_58690437343_6039754_8317696_n.jpg

Wish there were some pics of his ankles bent though, as you mentioned about the boots. You gotta wonder that if the boots are a flexible rubber like on Batman and Goemon, the silver paint on Spidey's webbing would be in danger of cracking, no?

Not the best HT figure. Good base but nothing more for me.

Translation:

The hamstring is specially modified to enable more articulations, and in order to hide the joints when posing, there is an inner clothes underleath the spidey clothes since it's so tight.
Moreover, Black Spidey and Venom is confirmed to be in their future plan.
One last thing, it will be release in Q2 no Feb. The Retail price in HK$930 (~US $135) and PO price is HK $890 (~ US $130)

Allright this is good. I didnt really like venom in the movie but venom is my favorite villian of all time and he would go will with spidey.

seems a bit pricey since it does not include a tobey sculpt. will have to wait for the black suit to decide

2) I do not like that we don't see his arms bending at greater than a 90 degree angle....
they may have used a wolverine style body with this... which was not necessary. the fact that only 30 points of articulation are listed, as opposed to 38, makes me think that might be the case as well.

In this photo his elbow looks bent further than 90 degrees.

156598_466374112343_58690437343_6039754_8317696_n.jpg

I think they managed to the style which I like the sleeves making it look good under the suit with the modified body it says in the description. Making it the best of both worlds. Great on display and articulated so folks that want to play with it can.

They really need to darken the webbing on the costume. I know everyone wants the reflective webbing but here it just looks white. The contrast between the black outline of his eyes and the webs seems really unusual. I'm really used to seeing all black webbing on his mask. The webs in the movie were more of a 'Gun metal' gray and when light wasn't directly on them, they didn't jump off costume like this. I just think it HT made it a little darker it would be perfect.

Feel "meh" about it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Costume looks well done though, not sure why I dont seem to excited about it.

I'm sure it's been noted, but the chest spider needs to be flatter..
spiderman37.jpg

as for how white the webbing should be, I think it's another matter of costume accuracy vs screen accuracy.

look through this link you'll see that the actual costume webbing is similar to what HT is giving us
https://www.flickr.com/photos/51035608580@N01/158565990

but in the screencap above, it looks more like a charcoal/ gunmetal color

Feel "meh" about it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Costume looks well done though, not sure why I dont seem to excited about it.

I see where ur coming from, but for me Hot Toys have produced a kick ass figure IMO, this along with the Comiquette would do me for a Spidey collection. MUST BUY

spiderman37.jpg

as for how white the webbing should be, I think it's another matter of costume accuracy vs screen accuracy.

look through this link you'll see that the actual costume webbing is similar to what HT is giving us

The webbing's color tone looks different because it is semi-reflective of the lighting in its given environment.

I don't think it's an issue of screen vs. costume accuracy or what you called it.

I suppose there are limitations to what HT can do in this regard, but between the choice of bright silver that almost looks white or a darker shade silver (not quite gunmetal), I'd pick the latter.

Also, isn't the spider emblem supposed to be reflective too, not just flat black?

Some of you guys are just hard to please.

HT basically came out and did what we wished Medicom should have done back then and now there are still people complaining and saying this is an average figure from HT? Come on!!!

For the price they are selling at, HT basically gave us the best possible Spidey in this scale. It's super possible, comes with lots of hands, multiple webbings, and heck, even a clock tower base.

Just yesterday they were a bunch of you guys saying how you rather not have a TM sculpt cause you all prefer an as seamless as possible transition from body to head and HT gave us exactly that.

And now I hear people complaining about not getting a Tobey Sculpt? If they give us a Tobey sculpt, you guys will be complaining how the neck isn't seamless. Jeez...

I am really happy with how it turns out, the boots are not a problem for me (the Medi boots are similar and to me it's the only part done right in that figure) and I will buy at least two.

It's will be my holy grail, a screen accurate Spidey and it will be out around my birthday. Couldn't ask for a better gift.

you can almost bet the boots aint like the DK boots do to the painted on webbing would not stick well on rubber

spiderman37.jpg

I think its more about 'reality' and how possible it is to manufacture that costume at a 1/6th scale... Those webs are an amazing effort.

The real oversight of the figure is the lack of a screen printed muscular texture that the use has... with is doable!

See the darkening of the suit's textile about the abs?
spiderman_3_tobey_maguire.jpg

In the special features the costume designer speaks about how they did it.

The webbing's color tone looks different because it is semi-reflective of the lighting in its given environment.

I don't think it's an issue of screen vs. costume accuracy or what you called it.

I suppose there are limitations to what HT can do in this regard, but between the choice of bright silver that almost looks white or a darker shade silver (not quite gunmetal), I'd pick the latter.

Also, isn't the spider emblem supposed to be reflective too, not just flat black?

well I used that comparison method b/c we get a lot of screen vs actual costume i.e. TDK Joker costume. in the movie Joker's liner looks more red (like HT did) whereas the actual costume the liner was something a bit lighter than burnt orange. So I was just suggesting to why there may be a difference from what we saw on screen and what HT is giving us

I only used "gunmetal" b/c it was mentioned earlier

not trying to start anything, just clarifying my reasoning :peace

I agree with the reflective lighting you are talking about. That is what I believe it is too, BUT my suggestion of looking at the screen cap vs the link I posted was just for those saying that "it should be darker"

I think its more about 'reality' and how possible it is to manufacture that costume at a 1/6th scale... Those webs are an amazing effort.

The real oversight of the figure is the lack of a screen printed muscular texture that the use has... which is doable!

See the darkening of the suit's textile about the abs?
spiderman_3_tobey_maguire.jpg
See that even deceived me on screen. I thought that was actual shading from Toby's blazing muscles :lol

But I do agree with all you say my friend

I think the one thing that shocks me about this new HT Spider-Man figure is how it doesn't shock or surprise me in any way. It looks exactly how I thought HT would have done it, but with the usual reservations. HT produces figures that look like top-end customs, and I expected their Spidey to rival some of those incredible custom 1/6 Spidey figures Ive seen here, and in some respects HT's falls short. Don't get me wrong, it's still an great looking figure, but it doesn't wow me like I thought it would.

To me, it looks like the most logical progression from Medicom's admirable SM2 figure from 5-ish years ago.

Medicom gets a lot of flack for their SM3 figures (and most of their figures in general), but it seems most folks don't remember their SM2 Spidey figure, which was very cool for its day, and it looks like something HT's Spidey grew from:

rah_spidy_coll_01.jpg

3027836531_4db8fb6791.jpg

Back