Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm in the not wowed camp either, without quite knowing why - it looks to be an awesome figure but think plasmid hit the nail on the head - was expecting to be blown away.

i think the red's a little bright, and the webbing a bit too white. but at least we finally have a decent spidey!

I understand that the webs on the movie costume were not black. I get that. But still the color HT currently has is too severe and overpowering the color scheme.

It actually reminds me a little of what Tonner tried to do few years ago.

Whilst not blown away I am stil very very pleased!

I like most would prefer the webbing to be a darker tone of silver/charcoal grey and also it would be great if the webbing wasn't so raised but I expect limitations at 1:6 scale play a major part here

Yes I agree for some reason the Red is too RED! It does need to be toned down a little imo also

Still looks majorly good here though and a 100% purchase for me

20101206_462ab27a9e2a144fa57cng3aUe4qWeJZ.jpg

i'm in the not wowed camp either, without quite knowing why - it looks to be an awesome figure BUT

My brother had the same reaction when I showed him. He thought it looked great but something about it just wasn't giving him the go to get this fig...

i think the red's a little bright, and the webbing a bit too white. but at least we finally have a decent spidey!

I think that's where the "wow" is coming from. Many of us are just extremely happy to be getting something better than what Medi gave us

Honestly the color scheme looks pretty good to me. I think it's the stiff plastic feet that leave something to be desired. Other than that, I like it. As much as I can like Spider-Man anyway, which isn't much.
I'm happy for all the big Spidey fans though.

Woohoo! :hi5: will get this for sure no matter what! :) Symbiote spiderman is also a must-have for me! :exactly: still not sure about upcoming venom though..:dunno

I think whats turning me off is that I cant find a chin in any of the pics. The chin seamlessly blends into the neck in every shot, making it hard to define the parameters of his head. Looks weird to my eye. Creates a really weird illusion of his head/neck as one consistent smooth shape. I need to see a good profile shot.

I didn't think i'd be into this but wow it looks amazing! The outfit and underlying body steal the show. I think i'm in for this one.

I didn't think i'd be into this but wow it looks amazing! The outfit and underlying body steal the show. I think i'm in for this one.

not a big Spidey Fan Platty? I hope you get it bud. I'm sure it's going to become a rarity....most just don't know it yet;)

But, any Hi-Res pics yet? would love to have some jumbo pics of all the HT ones

the blue part of the costume looks spot on - absorbs and reflects light just right too. i think if the red were not such a flat material in terms of reflection it would make a big difference. you'd get dark and light areas and the face wouldn't blend into the rest of the suit either. maybe something like that is hard to find in red? i don't know.

As I said on another thread before it was locked:

Finally a worthwhile Spidey!
It's been a while since I expected that... And I know I am far from alone... Huh, guys?!

But even if for sure I will order it, I would still like that Hot Toys really give their best even in the design of this model... And they are able (after, it is just a question of will and of big bucks...).

- At first glance the head seems to be in a real cowl with same tissue than rest of costume and that's fine like that. The mesh of the eyes, by cons is really rough and should be corrected.

- Spiderman is very often represented on tiptoe. When you tackle a project like this to want to represent a character figure, one must be attentive to all the faithful representation of shapes, materials used, as the iconic poses that characterize it. HT should use the same technique as for their DX02 Batman (rubber boots / ankle joint) with an additional articulation of the feet).

- And as long as to make, to use the same technique for gloves (because plastic hands with the joint of the wrist visible, that's not dreadful)

Come on, Sirs from HT, a small effort, please!

... But from what I read on that thread, it really should be an amazing figure! :D

Looks nice and all but I figured that by now Hot Toys would have found a way to make a full cloth costume. The boots and the hands killed this figure! They should have used the articulated fingers. This custom is better, IMO:

2epu8wo.jpg

If only they could do a mix of both... we could reach perfection!

Last edited:
Looks nice and all but I figured that by now Hot Toys would have found a way to make a full cloth costume. The boots and the hands killed this figure! They should have used the articulated fingers. This custom is better, IMO:

2epu8wo.jpg

completely agree, i was just about to post the same thing, if they could have given us the full cloth outfit that would have been perfect and also the webbing colour is alot more to my liking on this custom :(

Wish I still had the contact details for that guy now. :lol

Seriously though, I have to echo the comments that I am not insanely blown away but not sure why?

Surprised there is no Parker head although couldn't care less.

Not loving the eyes for some reason. Sure it will wow me more in TH display pics. Those always showcase HT figures ten times better than the official spec ones.

Some of you guys are just hard to please.

HT basically came out and did what we wished Medicom should have done back then and now there are still people complaining and saying this is an average figure from HT? Come on!!!

For the price they are selling at, HT basically gave us the best possible Spidey in this scale. It's super possible, comes with lots of hands, multiple webbings, and heck, even a clock tower base.
i'm always wary of statements like it's "best possible" whatever in defending a toy.

the best possibility is to be the 1/6 clone of its screen counterpart. that's the highest goal to attain every single time. this, while decent, looks more like a toy than a mini clone of the real thing. this is not the "best possible"; i know that, because i'm still waiting for the best possible version. perhaps around the time the new spidey reboot shows up?

not liking the darkened color much, but agree that the boots and gloves should look like that, adding more realism to the figure and making it much less toyish.

Back