Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I still had the contact details for that guy now. :lol

Seriously though, I have to echo the comments that I am not insanely blown away but not sure why?

Surprised there is no Parker head although couldn't care less.

Not loving the eyes for some reason. Sure it will wow me more in TH display pics. Those always showcase HT figures ten times better than the official spec ones.

FIND THEM :mad:

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Well I like the sculpted hands because with fabric gloves, you could never get the definition of detail you get with sculpts. Gloves always make the fingers on the bendy hands look kind of pudgy. Also Spidey's hands are very dynamic and bendy hands would not be able to pull off some of the poses, like fists for example.

However I wish they gave a larger selection hands. Im glad they gave us 2 web shooting hands but want more action poses. I remember a scene, where he shot a web using just the ring finger, that would be cool. And more 'crawling' style hands

Also glad they are including the stone base. Completely unexpected and adds a lot of display options

The figure looks friggin' awesome, but the boots are awfull, it killing the figure and the articulation :thud: :horror :monkey2
Well hopefully they'll change them and make them fabric when releasing the figure.

An absolute purchase IMO.

The hand solution isn't the greatest and standard HT doll stand should of been a Mech Suit Tony stand to capture more dynamic poses but meh. The remainder of the costume, clock tower, webbing and price is amazing stuff. Getting Black Suit Spidey and Venom as well :yess:

ton-spiderman_02.jpg

Here this is why you don't use fabric gloves. See how the wrist has no definition at all ( of course HT would do better) but the bendy hand just doesn't do the job. Also what if you break a wrist peg.

I hate to say it but I'm kinda disappointed. On some pics it looks great and on some others it just looks too toyish.
I think HT should definitely darken his suit and rework on the facemask.
Medi movie Spidey's mask looks more accurate imo.

Surprised he is missing the muscle definition on the blue part of the thighs.

Unless that was not featured on the SM3 suit.

Maybe an even bigger disc for 3? :lol

I dunno, personally for me right now:

Spidey, symbiote, venom, and $150 > custom spidey

:lol

The commission I was in talks for was actually not as bad as the price bandied about here the other day.

Will let you guys know.

:lol

The commission I was in talks for was actually not as bad as the price bandied about here the other day.

Will let you guys know.

That is great news, maybe the guy could be introduced to this board/thread and could make a tidy sum on the back of the disappointment we are all feeling right now, i am pretty sure he would get a fair bit of interest

I'm let down on the boots and gloves. Hoped they would actually give normal hands with actual fabric gloves, but mostly let down by the boots. Makes it look out of place.

Will pass because of the inevitable other spidey versions. Learned my lesson from TDK line.

It looks like a pretty nice figure to me and although there are things to be improved (most of them have already been said), we have to keep in mind that this is HT's first attempt to reproduce SM in 1/6, and the result is clearly better than most companies'.

I have no doubt that in the not so distant future a perfect SM by Hot Toys will come out. Until then, well, enjoy this!

Well I like the sculpted hands because with fabric gloves, you could never get the definition of detail you get with sculpts. Gloves always make the fingers on the bendy hands look kind of pudgy. Also Spidey's hands are very dynamic and bendy hands would not be able to pull off some of the poses, like fists for example.

However I wish they gave a larger selection hands. Im glad they gave us 2 web shooting hands but want more action poses. I remember a scene, where he shot a web using just the ring finger, that would be cool. And more 'crawling' style hands

Also glad they are including the stone base. Completely unexpected and adds a lot of display options

unless they went with articulated fingers ala warmachine. You would nt see joints anyway because of the fabric. :)

These boots are horrible!! No ankle articulation :monkey2
Lots of Spidey's poses require an articulated ankle.
Hope HT fix this before releasing...

Anyway I'm a huge Spidey fan so it's a must buy for me.

These boots are horrible!! No ankle articulation :monkey2
Lots of Spidey's poses require an articulated ankle.
Hope HT fix this before releasing...

Anyway I'm a huge Spidey fan so it's a must buy for me.

Damn, I hadn't even thought of that. :(

No crouching poses will be possible.

Back