Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of A-dev, but I bought it painted from FRWL. The painting is all their work. The forehead bothered me I got some superfine miliput to try and blend the hair line down and painted that part. No experience with painting sculpts so I was a bit nervous just to lower the hairline.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the stock head, inaccuracies and all. Although it's nice to have more options with these custom sculpts.

Kind of A-dev, but I bought it painted from FRWL. The painting is all their work. The forehead bothered me I got some superfine miliput to try and blend the hair line down and painted that part. No experience with painting sculpts so I was a bit nervous just to lower the hairline.

Nicely done, looks better for sure.

Is it possible to easily replace the neck peg "holder" (inner neck adapter) in this one without doing any damage to f.e. skin? And if so, how?

Well I just use a needle-nose pliers. The neck is tough enough and even if there is damage it's going to be invisible once the head is on.

Ten years since this beaut was released. I think the fig was released in HK summer 2010.

k89MjnR.jpg

0YPe5jA.jpg

n0Zy6g8.jpg

Cmon HT give us a Reese and Sarah from T1 :lol

I concur. Not that it couldn't be improved upon but I don't think that will happen any time soon because Hot Toys still holds the license (I'm assuming) and they probably aren't going to revisit it so this one remains king.

I've been looking to purchase this figure and have been shopping around BST forums and ebay. What would any of you who've owned this figure say is a fair price to pay for this guy? New vs used

What's the consensus about using a phicen m35 on a m136?
I was looking at my m136 last night and even if I bought a m35 body for an arrival pose it got me thinking what it I dressed him with m136 clothes (+mms238 boots)?
Does it look good?

I like it. Very happy with how mine turned out. Kept in mind he was still huge when choosing between the M35 and M34. The legs are also the right amount of thick, M34 was too small. I used the M34 on Dutch.

I am planning on getting this figure, but the seller told there is a common issue with the neck on this figure, the head doest get attached, or it is loose a joint, is this true or it is just some problem on the seller figure?

I am planning on getting this figure, but the seller told there is a common issue with the neck on this figure, the head doest get attached, or it is loose a joint, is this true or it is just some problem on the seller figure?

Haven't heard of this issue before. I have a number of these.

i think he just got a crack in a neck peg long ago due to often head changes and rotting of HT plastic (and that really is an issue). it sometimes cracks here:

Vx7DPRv.png

if so, it's a broken figure (though fixable with a replacement joint), not a common figure issue.
Haven't heard of this issue before. I have a number of these.
aaand that's how you, a-dev or me would never hear of this issue :lol

Wweeell it's actually happened to more than one of mine so maybe it is common.

To date I still haven't replaced any of the broken adapters - the head stays on, you just have to make sure you don't ever pick the figure up by the head.

huh, strange. none of mine got the neck peg breakage.
cracked foot pegs are super common though.

anyway!

1) loose head joint is a broken figure, not a factory issue.
2) it's fixable with replacement parts from ebay, perfectly visible on my photo above. as MMS136 is super expensive today, it's not important if you found him for a decent price. people sell the jacket alone for $150 nowadays.
3) and to make an "almost perfect" T1 you'll still need pants and boots from MMS238... otherwise it just doesn't look the same.

wA3kagx.jpg

N9qEGLr.jpg

I was checking over the inventory I had written up for my figures where I note issues like the neck-adapter breaks and was disappointed to discover a new one that seems like it must have happened spontaneously on its own. I long ago stopped doing head-switcheroos so it's not like I had recently done anything to cause the split. It's possible though that in my various headswaps/bodyswaps in the past I've plugged adapters onto bodies upside down and plugged heads into the wrong end or used the adapters from other figures and when things weren't fitting easily I used excess force etc etc. There's all kinds of factors in my case where I can't definitively say this is a regular problem with this figure.

Still the best Hot Toys Terminator in my book. I rate this one higher than its nearest competitor, which by most people's reckoning would be the T2 DX13. It is best served with the MMS238 pants and boots though as P. indicated.

Back