Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who's handled 8 of these figures (don't ask), I can confirm that the neck adapter does get brittle over time (along with the shin joints). Thankfully the neck adapter is an easy replacement.

I'll be honest, I'm one of those pose the figure initially and basically leave it alone type of collectors.

So I don't usually run into issues with adapters and/or joints going bad. Also helps with fragile accessories and the dreaded faux-leather materials.

Can anybody help me with how I might fix the next peg? I just bought one from a friend of mine at a good price but I'd like to fix the peg If I can. I wouldn't know what exactly to look for to repair it if possible, I haven't really modded any of my figures.

image0.jpeg

Can anybody help me with how I might fix the next peg? I just bought one from a friend of mine at a good price but I'd like to fix the peg If I can. I wouldn't know what exactly to look for to repair it if possible, I haven't really modded any of my figures.

View attachment 504027

Interesting I had the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago! I heated up the neck a bit with a hair dryer (10 secs) and literally just pulled the adaptor out with my fingers. I thought I might need some pliers but no, no tool needed. Then just buy a replacement adaptor online.

View attachment 504027

Looks beyond repair to me, I have used Epoxy Resin and Plast-Aid on neck and ankle joints before, but that was to fill in cracks, looks like a bit of the neck adapter has come off. Your best bet is to buy a new neck adapter. Thankfully most HT neck adapters are a universal size.

These are the things you need.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5pcs1-6-...934029?hash=item25bfa3348d:g:-hkAAOSwRQlXfgYg

Interesting I had the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago! I heated up the neck a bit with a hair dryer (10 secs) and literally just pulled the adaptor out with my fingers. I thought I might need some pliers but no, no tool needed. Then just buy a replacement adaptor online.

Looks beyond repair to me, I have used Epoxy Resin and Plast-Aid on neck and ankle joints before, but that was to fill in cracks, looks like a bit of the neck adapter has come off. Your best bet is to buy a new neck adapter. Thankfully most HT neck adapters are a universal size.

These are the things you need.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5pcs1-6-...934029?hash=item25bfa3348d:g:-hkAAOSwRQlXfgYg

Thank you both so much! I just ordered the adapter hopefully it works. I've been using museum tac in the meantime and it seems kinda okay but not very secure.

I was going for that line in T2, I think he said ''it's'' - referencing the act of breaking Sarah out of Pescadero. Here - the act of making a Kyle Reese figure :lol

Back