Hot Toys- MMS112- Kamui Gaiden - 1/6th. Kamui spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Not familiar with the title, but I wasn't with Goemon, and look how cool he turned out!

Hot Toys - MMS 112 - Kamui Gaiden - 1/6th scale Kamui collectible figure - Preorder Now!!!
After the fantasy masterpiece "Goemon", the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece series continues to bring you another historical ninja character- 1/6th scale Kamui collectible figure from the Japanese live action film - Kamui Gaiden.

The collectible figure stands approximately 30cm tall and features more than 32 points of articulation, dressed in his movie-accurate ninja outfit including ninja costume, faux-leather vest, wristlets, shin guards, pants and shoes. The accessories and weapons include:

l Shinobi Sword with sheath
l Short sword with sheath
l Two iron fists
l Two kunai knives
l Small bag
l 2 pairs of interchangeable hands
l Shells
l Authentic likeness of Kenichi Matsuyama as Kamui
l Figure stand with Kamui Gaiden movie logo and Kamui nameplate

About the movie - Kamui Gaiden
Kamui Gaiden ("The Legend Of Kamui") is the live-action film based on the 1960s manga of the same name. As outcast shinobi Kamui keeps escaping his old ninja clan, he finds himself heading toward a small Okinawa island, that will soon become the unwilling theater of a major confrontation...

This movie is directed by Yoichi Sai (Japanese Academy Awards 2005 best director winner), stars Kenichi Matsuyama (Detective L in "Death Note"), Koyuki (Tom Cruise's love interest in the "Last Samurai"), Suzuka Ohgo (young Chiyo in "Memoirs of a Geisha"), Hideaki Ito ("Sukiyaki Western Django"), Anna Tsuchiya ("Kamikaze Girls"), and Hong Kong actor Ekin Cheng ("The Storm Warriors").

Artist info:
l Head Sculpt by Yulli
l Head Paint by JC. Hong

© 2009 Kamui Gaiden Partners.

Kamui_1.jpg

Kamui_2.jpg

Kamui_3.jpg

Kamui_4.jpg

Kamui_5.jpg

Kamui_6.jpg

Kamui_7.jpg

Kamui_8.jpg

Kamui_14.jpg

I got no interest in this figure what so ever, but that looks pretty sweet. Though I am kinda surprised that HT doesn't make more figures based on HK movie. I was sure something like chow yun fat from a better tomorrow would have been made by now. Does this mean a japanese based character translate to better sales than HK based character?

Here's the movie trailer:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iA5ZDUy-BJY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iA5ZDUy-BJY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I'm not impressed by the look of the movie. But I'd like to be surprised.

The actor who plays the lead role in Kamui Gaiden, Ken'ichi Matsuyama, also starred in the live action Death Note movie, which I really liked (I also like the manga and anime of which the movie is adapted from).

The figure looks great, would go well next to the Goemon figures.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iA5ZDUy-BJY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iA5ZDUy-BJY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The actor who plays the lead role in Kamui Gaiden, Ken'ichi Matsuyama, also starred in the live action Death Note movie, which I really liked (I also like the manga and anime of which the movie is adapted from).

Did I see the one eyed swordsman?

And no that's not a euphemism!

They also need to work on that CG shark :lol
The figure looks top notch though!

Ken'ichi Matsuyama was hilarious in DMC :rock Wonder how big a role is Ekin Cheng's (Storm Warriors Wind actor) in this film?

I wish Hot Toys would do Zatoichi.

i was just about to post the same thing (kitano version though)! it would be awesome if they went back and gave us some older movie adapted folklore characters. i'd love to see a prince shanao and benkei from gojoe too, a mifune yojimbo, and yep, the seven samurai.

I just watched Goemon, it's a great movie. I have Goemon already, with Saizo and Chacha on order. This is a must buy for me.
nice to see HT doing asian characters for a change.

Headsculpt actually looks a bit off to me. From different angles it's perfect but front on I'm not too sure. I think it's the right eye, but looking from some stills it's probably right.
I'm definitely gonna try and get this though. Might get an extra head if someone fancies turning it into an L for me. DMC and SexyVoice and Robo is impossible with that sculpt. Too serious. Too old for Yamoto too. Apart from Death Note, the only thing I can see it also working with is Zeni Geba, but that would need to be heavily modified with the scar anyway.
Now if they'll just make Death Note Movie figures, I'll be happy.

Back