Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about picking this up!

However, does any one have any suggestions or recommendations for an alternative body that would require little to no modding for the neck pegs, wrist pegs, etc. and also matching in skin tone to the head and hands.

Just think the stock body is a little on the skinny side.

Thanks in advance!

However, does any one have any suggestions or recommendations for an alternative body that would require little to no modding for the neck pegs, wrist pegs, etc. and also matching in skin tone to the head and hands.

Thanks in advance!

I think everyone was using the ACI Latin Bruce body, the skin tone gets wonky on the arms but paint can fix that.

Amazing what a little paint can do for the likeness of the hot toys The Wolverine sculpt. I just made the beard look thicker and removed the stache and flavor saver

8a2ehery.jpg

I posted this how to in the show your customs wolverine thread so i will repost it here as well..

I used 93% alcohol and brushed it over the stache and wiped with q-tip. May take a couple times but dont let it sit too long. Brush and wipe quickly!

Then I mixed up a flesh tone using pea size drop of burnt sienna, raw sienna, titanium white and tiny drop of black. Water it down to a milky water. Apply several coats to mustache area.

Add some brown to mixture as needed to match hot toy tone. Then I added a small amount of grey chalk pastel for 5 o'clock shadow on lip. Same process for the flavor savor under lip.

After that I used some watered down mix of brown and black to darken the chops. Darker towards the bottom and around the whole beard to appear thicker.

Then cover the upper half of face.....so you don't lose the gloss on eyes.... and spray with a matte acrylic sealer

Hope that helps bud. It's pretty thick in the movie and the stock paint job make the beard look too much like stubble. It's actually sculpted pretty thick but the paint fails to utilize this.

This is awesome! Great work. Did you mix the chalk pastel to the flesh mixture? or did you brush on the chalk pastel separately?

Also, what kind of Acrylic sealer did you use? I find that not all acrylic sealers are created equal. Some may say "matte" but it actually comes out semi gloss.

Thanks for your time man!

Thanks in advance!

I left mine stock, easily one of my favorite HT's and a great Wolvie representation. I dropped the katana in one hand with a clawed fist in the other and popped his coat's collar (for some reason, this made a world of positive difference on his overall look).

I left mine stock, easily one of my favorite HT's and a great Wolvie representation. I dropped the katana in one hand with a clawed fist in the other and popped his coat's collar (for some reason, this made a world of positive difference on his overall look).

Thanks for that! It'll probably be fine once I have it in hand and futz with it a bit.

Finally got mine in earlier this week and immediately repainted it. I followed Rahmier84's tutorial to the T.

The only thing I found was that the alcohol I had on hand was only the 70% medical stuff. So it didn't really work as well for me and I just ended up painting right over the mustache.

Not bad for my first repaint, although it did take me a few attempts to get the color right.

wrepaint0.jpg
wrepaint1.jpg

Ended up making darkening more of the beard and bringing it slightly higher toward the cheekbones and using some paint thinner to remove some of the chalk pastel as I felt it was too dark.

Now he's perfect!

wrepaint5.jpg
wrepaint2.jpg
wrepaint4.jpg

It's not out yet but I've got the World Box Thick Chest & Broad Shoulder body on order b/c it looks to be mirrored after Jackman's physique in this movie.

Oh right I remember that one. Is that going to be too tall for Wolverine though?

5__88625.1474412390.1280.1280__62934_std.jpg

Or is the other figure short?

Oh apparently Hugh Jackman is 6' 3" hahahah.

It's not out yet but I've got the World Box Thick Chest & Broad Shoulder body on order b/c it looks to be mirrored after Jackman's physique in this movie.

Ordered Wolverine on ebay, picking up this body up as well... 100% agree with you. Thinking about getting Figuremasters Magneto to go with Wolverine.
I know it says the body comes out this month, but do you think it will?

Back