1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like she was worth the wait.

The original was one of the best likenesses HT has done, and this one looks even better. Not crazy about the magenta hair though.

Going off this photo, HT def made the hair too long...or was that how long her hair was in EG?

As far as I remember (and from a quick Google search) she's had her hair roughly the same length in her last few apperances. I don't know why HT decided to lengthen it, especially when they had it right with the prototype.

Yeah the hair does seem a bit long, but it was also curled a little more in the movie, which would have helped shorten it up some. So think I might try that first before doing any trimming.

I think it's stunning and way better than the prototype. It's clear the wait may have been due to a total redesign on the head and even the paintwork. I also think they wanted to make her more accurate to her Infinity War/Endgame appearances too. Whatever the reasons, she's finally out. I just hope her and Nebula arrive before Christmas. Come on, Santa Sideshow![emoji16]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I don't think redesign had anything to due with the delay. They could have reengineered her 3 times since she went up for PO. We will never know but now we can move on to the next delayed figured.

I was really hoping for a Endgame battle version (when we 1st see her saving Nebula) as i like that outfit more. Yeah i know it's just the first version but it would been an easy summer exclusive.

Here's a cool comparison someone posted today with the original figure. She's a very different shade of green now. :D And also taller and less busty like she should be.

Weird how it's the same sculpt but the likeness seems to come through so much stronger now.

View attachment 499784

Wowow the V2 version looking much more refined! I think I'm liking the color tone of the new version a bit more.

I don't mind the hair being a bit longer, that will just make the hair lay even better. Really happy with how this figure turned out. It's made me much more excited about getting both her and Nebula so close together.

It's been a while since I've been so excited about an HT release.... I'm slowing down overall with collecting the MCU HT figures.

I don't mind the hair being a bit longer, that will just make the hair lay even better. Really happy with how this figure turned out. It's made me much more excited about getting both her and Nebula so close together.
Agreed. It'll be more difficult to get the hair styled if it's too short.

It's been a while since I've been so excited about an HT release.... I'm slowing down overall with collecting the MCU HT figures.
It's been the opposite for me. Bought my first HT figure in October and I've got a bunch of EG figs on PO. Of course, this is more of a one-time burst. I just want to complete my A1 and A4 set plus BW solo and then I'm done.

It's been the opposite for me. Bought my first HT figure in October and I've got a bunch of EG figs on PO. Of course, this is more of a one-time burst. I just want to complete my A1 and A4 set plus BW solo and then I'm done.

If i only had a dollar for every collector who said "then i'm done" :lol

Yeah without any new movies or hype I've lost pretty much all interest in Marvel at the moment. But this and Nebula look so damn good that I still can't wait to have them in hand.

For me, it isn't so much a loss of interest in the MCU as it's just that so much/many characters have been done and done well. And outside of Loki, multiple versions of the same character just isn't exciting to me, nor do I have desire to put that kind of money into it. That's why Nebula excited me so much - she was new and I'd been wanting her since the first GOTG movie. Vol 2. Gamora is really a replacement for Vol 1 for me (had issues with that one).

If i only had a dollar for every collector who said "then i'm done" :lol

Nah. I'm having to give up my books just to make space for Hot Toys and that's considering I switched to ebooks circa 2010 due to space constraints. I don't really have the space for more than a few figures. Besides, when travel eases up vacations will once again leave little to no money for toys. There's also the inherent loss of interest after Endgame.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have started collecting if I wasn't cooped up due to COVID.

That said, it is a slippery slope. Since I'm getting Gamora, now I need to get Nebula as well. :lol Don't really feel the need to get any of the other Guardians, though.

Check out these from Alex...

ACA396ED-81A2-4D1F-9C4B-AFD8B49D79D1.jpeg
91D1DA46-8A0C-4A87-9A62-07A862DFFABA.jpeg
7FFF1CAF-93A8-4810-8017-131A08ED4CC8.jpeg

Back