1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a legit LOL from me as the pot (Gmoney) calls the kettle (Buff) black! LOL. I'm always a little sad when HT nails a headsculpt as the boards just aren't quite as...interesting :)

Haha glad you got a good laugh out of it. It's always in good fun between me and Buff! :duff

But yeah, when the headsculpt is 10/10 there's usually peace and harmony on these boards...where's the drama?! :gah:

Looks like Tom Cruise to me....dunno:cuckoo:

There...that should do it. :)

giphy.gif

Hello !
For the people who have this figure, what do you think of the pleather Hot Toys used ?
Do we have to expect the jacket or the pants to fall in pieces after 2 years ?
I tend to avoid buying figures with pleather. But it's really hard to NOT buy this figure for me. She is really beautiful.
I'm considering replacing the pants and use the "red shirt" look to get rid of all the pleather. But for the pants...I doubt I will be able to find something that looks like her pants in another material.

Surprised there haven't been pictures of this popping up from people who got this direct from HK. Definitely should be getting to people by now.

Surprised there haven't been pictures of this popping up from people who got this direct from HK. Definitely should be getting to people by now.

Because Gamora was just hyped by the vocal minority but once released, no more complaints about such a long delay were needed and the figure is forgotten now :D I am waiting for the second batch to get her and she will be my first female figure in my collection until Endgame Captain Marvel and solo Black Widow black suit are released.

Has anyone received gamora from sideshow yet?

Sure, I received mine like 2 weeks ago, why?

EDIT: I see you hail from Cali-forn-naya as well. I’m up in Humboldt but it’s rare that anything shipped from SSC arrives within 2 business days. Also, if something is shipped Friday evening from SSC, I will more often than not receive the package by end of day Monday. Which actually works out to 1 business day.

Regarding the figure, since I’ve been seeing it at cons starting at STGCC 2017 where she looked magnitudes better than Vol 1 Gamora. Also, I’ve never had any issues with her hair (personally much more of a fan of sculpted hair) where I just figured that a little moisture on my fingertips, not needing any brushes or combs and both figures hair pretty much ended up looking how I intended them to look. Never had to use any “product” or hair spray with my Vol 1 still on display all these years since release and the only issue (extremely common) is the left sword holding elbow deteriorating; thankfully Vol 2 arms are solids plastic with double bend elbows. Even the hair has more “volume” perhaps all the Pantone Pro-V :lol :wink1:

Sure, I received mine like 2 weeks ago, why?

EDIT: I see you hail from Cali-forn-naya as well. I’m up in Humboldt but it’s rare that anything shipped from SSC arrives within 2 business days. Also, if something is shipped Friday evening from SSC, I will more often than not receive the package by end of day Monday. Which actually works out to 1 business day.

Regarding the figure, since I’ve been seeing it at cons starting at STGCC 2017 where she looked magnitudes better than Vol 1 Gamora. Also, I’ve never had any issues with her hair (personally much more of a fan of sculpted hair) where I just figured that a little moisture on my fingertips, not needing any brushes or combs and both figures hair pretty much ended up looking how I intended them to look. Never had to use any “product” or hair spray with my Vol 1 still on display all these years since release and the only issue (extremely common) is the left sword holding elbow deteriorating; thankfully Vol 2 arms are solids plastic with double bend elbows. Even the hair has more “volume” perhaps all the Pantone Pro-V :lol :wink1:

Awesome thanks man! Hopefully my wife is messing with me (she bought gamora for me when she went up for sale a few years ago and now that she’s released I keep asking if she heard from sideshow and she says “no”)

Awesome thanks man! Hopefully my wife is messing with me (she bought gamora for me when she went up for sale a few years ago and now that she?s released I keep asking if she heard from sideshow and she says ?no?)

I got a "delayed" email on 12/4, but I ordered only after she finally came out in Hong Kong. With all the batches these days I imagine I'm in a later one.

Back