1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, people keep getting down on the blase expression but I think it works for this character. Gamora lived in continual disappointment of the other Guardian's actions so I think the expression is rather appropriate.

Yeah that was her main, default expression in all the movies, so I'm perfectly fine with it. It may not work as well for more extreme action poses, but judging by the shot above you can still put her in some pretty badass poses.

I don't have any GOTG figures, and I decided to go strictly with Star Wars for all future HT purchases, but this looks so damn good I think I'm going to order her. I'm mean she is an alien, so I could fit her in somewhere.

But you do know what this release means, right? GIVE US MANTIS! shall begin ...

But you do know what this release means, right? GIVE US MANTIS! shall begin ...

I should have just bought the 3rd party versions, I thought Mantis would have been announced by now. I have every figure for the IW battle on titan except mantis (Nebula to come later) and I already have the cabinet ready.

I should have just bought the 3rd party versions, I thought Mantis would have been announced by now. I have every figure for the IW battle on titan except mantis (Nebula to come later) and I already have the cabinet ready.

I had Bullet Head version. She was ok, but very loose pegs and cannot stand without a stand. Believe me or not, I was so mad about it after some time I sold her. No regrets. I want HT version :)

Here's a cool comparison someone posted today with the original figure. She's a very different shade of green now. :D And also taller and less busty like she should be.

Weird how it's the same sculpt but the likeness seems to come through so much stronger now.

FB_IMG_1605982933254.jpg

Here's a cool comparison someone posted today with the original figure. She's a very different shade of green now. :D And also taller and less busty.

View attachment 499784

Nice, thanks for posting that comparison Dave.

Not to be one of those guys that defend the one they have in hand. But personally I like the original green better, and the bustiness.....well do I really need to say my preference there :)

would like to see more v1 to v2 comparison pictures. That 1 picture makes her go from too pale of a green to too much bluish-green. I was looking at some screenshots from gotg v2 and found pics that show both shades of green.

Aside from the coloring this is 1 time I'll agree with justin's collection when he says the new figure is better than the first. However if I had the 1st version I would not buy this 2nd version.

Yeah it probably does lean a bit too bluish now, but looking at some promo pics under normal light I think it does come closer than the yellowish-green of the original figure.

Something in the middle would have been the most ideal though.

gamora.jpg

I just have to say that I am very glad HT knocked this one out of the park. Can you imagine a three year wait and the figure came out "blah"? Would've been a fun few days on this board though :)

Yeah it probably does lean a bit too bluish now, but looking at some promo pics under normal light I think it does come closer than the yellowish-green of the original figure.

Something in the middle would have been the most ideal though.

View attachment 499799

Going off this photo, HT def made the hair too long...or was that how long her hair was in EG?

Back