1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, this really turned out nice! Yes ideally they would have given her a more intense expression for better posing, but the likeness is still absolutely spot on, and HT doesn't have a great track record with tweaking their sculpts so frankly I'm glad they didn't try with this one. Other than thankfully lowering the hairline a bit.

I also see the jacket is still a bit thick on the shoulders, but it was probably unavoidable and the hair covers most of it up anyway.

Just came across this on IG. Figured post it here since some are asking about the arms. Looks great. Will I buy it? Not likely, but really good HT.

602a907776a23fecc1531ef0018bcdab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet hair won't look like this right out of the box. That's my biggest concern.

Finally.

She looks fantastic! Very, very happy with how she turned out, and that they didn't change her hair - it looks great in those pics. Looking forward to getting her.

It's crazy, I was (an hour ago) thinking they haven't changed it in all this time. Then you see the above and go as far as I did (drag them into photoshop and overlay the face), yeah the change is really noticeable.

Damn, Hot Toys Hot Toys'ed Hot Toys!

The proto looks like another companies attempt and this one Hot Toys version. I don't know why, but Hot Toys seem to excel at Guardians figures, particularly alien characters which are different colours.

This is making the wait for Hellboy even more anticipated!

Still pissed I missed out on Yondu.
?Nah, I don?t need to pre-order this one. He won?t be that popular? Stupid brain.
Anyway, I think Gamora looks great and can?t wait to finally have her join the crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finally! I think she turned out great, can't wait! Well. I guess I can, it's already been so long haha.

A definite improvement over the proto.

View attachment 499741

Damn, I know I bash HT when I think they cut corners and skimp out, but they also deserve the praise when they knock it out of the park. What an UPGRADE over the proto the final product is. Bravo to HT! They earned this high praise for sure. :clap

I was never planning on picking her up since she's very, very low on the totem pole for characters/figures I must own and because of that the extreme delay on this fig never affected me in the slightest, but wow, I am def gonna pick this one up! :yess:

I have to be honest, when I saw this picture on facebook I thought it was a live action promo, then I thought it was a face swap to what a really good figure could look like.

This is outstanding.

3RRGm88.jpg

She is stunning :panic: The prototype looked good but this destroys it! I like that they updated the skin tone, much more screen accurate. Love the hair. Proto had too much volume. I know she has an emotionless expression but the likeness is so good

Yeah, people keep getting down on the blase expression but I think it works for this character. Gamora lived in continual disappointment of the other Guardian's actions so I think the expression is rather appropriate.

Definitely looks like an overall improvement, although I think they lengthened the hair too much.

Back