Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

I love the costume, esp. the jacket. Wish they'd given him the right gun though!
I've realised what I find a bit off about the headsculpt. He just looks too tanned and healthy!

Still, can't wait to get my hands on this one...

Does anyone else think the likeness looks off now? It looks different than the prototype sculpt.

10TerminatorSalvation_JohnConnor.jpg

connor_2.jpg

Yeah, but it's probably the angle. Also, the eyes look like a different colour in that pic. Blue?

Yeah, but it's probably the angle. Also, the eyes look like a different colour in that pic. Blue?

The eyes do look blue a bit, and i think the bags under the eyes are gone..still looks decent though, kinda reminds me of how the Spirit-Denny figure turned out from production..since bank robber joker set the bar kinda,its hard to like the regular plain sculpts now for some reason..its like they lose the depth they had in the proto...but, its still awesome and Hot Toys rarely lets its fans down.

Also, noticed the somewhat puckered lips are gone..the proto has the mouth somewhat open a bit.

Well guys..

Mine is shipping on Monday!!!!:banana:banana:banana:banana

PS:Yes,the headsculp looks a bit off..The lips are diferent,the skin texture is now plain¿¿??..I,ll show you detailed headsculp photos when mines arrives (I finally have a good digital camera now too!)

From ebay ...
HTT4JohnHead.jpg

the body is the new thinner shouldered figure . Hmmm... nothing a bit of paint couldn't fix. I can see all of our resident artists sharpening their paint brushes now !

eh, it'll do I'm not complaining. It's not the best it could be but I still think it's sweet :rock

At least the eyes don't look blue in the ebay pic.

OMG...
the HS is so OUT!!!!
it looks almost nothing like the prototype...
the finishing, the eye colour, the texture, skin colour.... all off!!
im gonna cancel this for sure....if its not too late...
grrr....def. a step backward in terms of HS.
This sucks...but i still think the unifrom is spot on...

OMG...
the HS is so OUT!!!!
it looks almost nothing like the prototype...
the finishing, the eye colour, the texture, skin colour.... all off!!
im gonna cancel this for sure....if its not too late...
grrr....def. a step backward in terms of HS.
This sucks...but i still think the unifrom is spot on...

It will looks great in hand.

sorry, but how would you know it will look good?
it has a smooth untextured pale face and the hair is so glossy and the mouth looks like *ss.

So is EBAY the only place to find one of these? I gotta have one.

the headsculpt looks a bit off to me.

Lets just hope they dont give us a mms dx like in a month's time:lol

i will never be happy with this or any other fig unless they take the actual actor, chop off his head (careful though, dont wanna make a big mess), shirnk it to a perfectly 1/6 th scale (hope they get the scale right, you got 1 shot at this), and put it on a perfectly good loose-joint free 1/6 body with screen accurate gear, clothing, and weapons....then maybe i'll consider buying. damn hot toys cant even make a simple figure right. the nerve!

i will never be happy with this or any other fig unless they take the actual actor, chop off his head (careful though, dont wanna make a big mess), shirnk it to a perfectly 1/6 th scale (hope they get the scale right, you got 1 shot at this), and put it on a perfectly good loose-joint free 1/6 body with screen accurate gear, clothing, and weapons....then maybe i'll consider buying. damn hot toys cant even make a simple figure right. the nerve!

:lol:lol:lol:lol Very descriptive too, well done good sir :D

:lol :lol :lol you said it all :lol

Some of the problem with the look is the flash used for the picture. Flashes are always bad when shooting something that small. It flattens everything out and in turn you lose the little details. Like texture and wrinkles. I'm still very excited to get it and cant wait to see more pictures. If you want a good example, look at all the picture variations on the Hellboy thread. He has fantastic texture and in some you can't tell. Note for the photographers, don't use the flash!

Back