Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I used excessive force pretty much damaged these fragile pleather parts somehow, the right arm of inner suit was torn to shreds due to that godamn light-up saber arm, i was struggling HARD to re-attach it for ages.

Worst scenario need to replace completely new under suit on Ebay. I have learnt my lesson, NEVER mess with light up saber arm, and stick with museum pose most of the time.

Yeah, these things are super delicate. That's why I never messed with the saber arms. I did a bunch of mods and was paranoid the whole time about damaging stuff. Always kept vader in a museum pose for fear of the suit breaking down

Is it an option to use Sideshow?s suit?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

that seems far stretched. I believe it’s way too bulky and big compared to HT. Get another suit and soak it in pleather/faux leather protectant or conditioner. It will prevent it from cracking, or at least slow the degradation.

What kind of stuff do people use to protect? I've seen baby oil and some 303 aerospace product mentioned

I stripped down my Vader yesterday, finally figured it out how to re-attatch the godamn arm. Furthermore, it is definitely my own fault that I excessively used too much force pushing up light-up saber, and severely damaged the inner suit during the process. It is safe to say the pleather suit is not deteriorating :monkey4.

Jazzinc has a good video on this figure on YouTube.

Basically says that this version, out of the box is more accurate than the first release. If I remember correctly he also compared it to R1, not sure about esb though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well first release looks more like a turd than Vader. At least when it comes to hands and helmet. I do not understand why Hot Toys made the helmet so toyish, even hasbro made better looking sculpts/paint applications. I know the helmet supposed to be rougher than the others, but it’s too much for me. And being horrendous at costume work there’s not much to do than keep it as a placeholder for ROTJ Vader.

Anyone have a Vader chest box from this release that they'd be willing to part with? I'd pay quite a bit for one, just message me through here or through my linked FB!

Always wanted a Tarkin, but couldn't afford one at the time. Was checking ebay today and it's pretty expensive now. Were there not as many of these made or something?

I am a big fan of Hammer Horror movies and IMO Peter Cushing is one of the greatest actors ever. A S*** movie with him in it make it great!! It’s funny watching ANH Cushing seems to be only using 10% of his acting chops!! Curious what he would have done with a lightsaber in his hand as Cushing is a extremely physical actor!! He would be jumping off levels and sliding down corridors!! That’s being said I always felt HT likeness for Tarkin was off. I just say him at my local store this past weekend and thought the same this “Nice but off’!!

Always wanted a Tarkin, but couldn't afford one at the time. Was checking ebay today and it's pretty expensive now. Were there not as many of these made or something?

It was pricey just by having these two figures together in the first place, plus if it's sold/re-sold everyone's probably trying to recoup all the shipping money. I think plenty were made, it was just sitting in stock at BBTS for quite a while.

cfb79cd47fb0f8caefb296556ee0a380.jpg

This bad boy came in. A better figure than the empire one.

Could anyone with the manual tell me what type of batteries go in the light boxes?

cfb79cd47fb0f8caefb296556ee0a380.jpg

This bad boy came in. A better figure than the empire one.

Could anyone with the manual tell me what type of batteries go in the light boxes?

Congrats. But try to avoid keeping those tiny cell batteries too long in the collectibles, they might leak and damage the item.

Back