Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the box and inserts from this set that they'd be willing to sell please? Whilst sorting through some boxes yesterday I dropped it while moving some other boxes, stepped back and totally destroyed it. :(

Does anyone have the box and inserts from this set that they'd be willing to sell please? Whilst sorting through some boxes yesterday I dropped it while moving some other boxes, stepped back and totally destroyed it. :(

I have one, not sure what the shipping would be to you there (I'm in the US), PM me.

I'm still looking for a box with all the inserts if anyone has one ? Preferably located in the UK or closer please .

Can I ask if anyone else is having issues with the tiny buttons/studs on Vader's lower chest box straps? When I opened up my figure in the Tarkin/Vader 2 pack, both studs came off! Luckily I found both of them in the tunic, but they're so incredibly small. These are the ones I'm referring to:

ag2UMvq.jpg

And can I ask: are these two studs/buttons accurate to the ANH Vader onscreen costume? Or are they leftovers from the HT Rogue One Vader?

Note: Just used your great pic from above Bo Shrek - I hope you don't mind. :)

Pretty sure they're accurate. I forget which thread but a few months ago there was a giant dump of Vader costume pics I'd never seen before showing the studs. Was an exciting few days seeing people post 40 year old photos for our toys lol.

Can I ask if anyone else is having issues with the tiny buttons/studs on Vader's lower chest box straps? When I opened up my figure in the Tarkin/Vader 2 pack, both studs came off! Luckily I found both of them in the tunic, but they're so incredibly small. These are the ones I'm referring to:

View attachment 437020

And can I ask: are these two studs/buttons accurate to the ANH Vader onscreen costume? Or are they leftovers from the HT Rogue One Vader?

Should be an extra set in the box somewhere as well
In a small piece of plastic wrapped up

View attachment 437020

Not at all my friend!! :hi5:

What sort of glue should be used to reattach those buttons to their belts? Or is regular crazy glue OK?

Got mine for christmas this morning. One of vader's silver chest buttons went missing immediately upon removing him from the box, but somehow I managed to find it on the floor... was also happy to discover the extras.

Crazy glue is fine. Just a tiny bit. Put the glue on a scrap piece of paper or cardboard and use a toothpick to apply.

What sort of glue should be used to reattach those buttons to their belts? Or is regular crazy glue OK?

Got mine for christmas this morning. One of vader's silver chest buttons went missing immediately upon removing him from the box, but somehow I managed to find it on the floor... was also happy to discover the extras.

I would not use crazy glue. Buy some fabric glue, far less likely to leave marks from the fumes if you use a bit too much.

Took some pics of this pair last night. Ruling the galaxy ain’t easy when ya got an old dude shaking his finger at you all the time! Ha!

c3a8714568c230a51f68a62d7e92e235.jpg

b1b1bd9972d3457d28c3baa99fda3a7c.jpg

65d0e8cc77049a9a47cd2642cdf2c7f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I got Taejon when I had the chance. He’s impossible to find even on ebay

I love the closed-back on the shoulder armor of the MMS279 and the MMS434 Vader. The MMS388 Rogue One Vader should've also had a closed back but doesn't. Like I've stated before it just makes it more complete and it'll stay on him really good without velcro.

Back