Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone willing to sell Vader's shoulder armor from this MMS434 set? If yes, please send me PM me here :)

Thank you in advance!

Does anyone willing to sell Vader's shoulder armor from this MMS434 set? If yes, please send me PM me here :)

Thank you in advance!

I bought a custom one that had the proper paint job on the armor and shoulder pads. Unfortunately, it was too small. So I went ahead and swapped out the inaccurate black shoulder pads with the proper colored one.

I bought a custom one that had the proper paint job on the armor and shoulder pads. Unfortunately, it was too small. So I went ahead and swapped out the inaccurate black shoulder pads with the proper colored one.

Do you still have the black shoulder bells/pads? can you sell them to me if you don't want them by any chance? :)

Thank you in advance!

I believe I only have an extra of the HT RO Vader chest/shoulders armor piece, which is ever-so slightly different. I'm pretty sure this Vader/Tarkin 2 pack Vader had the old/original HT ANH chest armor.

20211020_182303.jpg

One of the best SW figs HT has ever done. I own two - one to stand among the troops and brood, the other to sit in his chair alone and brood.
And love the Bespin backdrop in the background ready for Lando. :yess:
Yes!!
You guessed it TaliBane.
Awaiting Lando to use that backdrop.
Tarkin is an amazing figure.
The headsculpt is spot on.
I was very fortunate.
I've had 3 Tarkins,1 that was a part of the set,and 2 standalone figures,all purchased at retail.
Was kicking myself when Popcultcha actually had the set selling at a discount because of being close to Xmas and they were having a sale.
As id already had Tarkin,I ordered TFA Luke and the TFA Han and Chewie set instead.sigh

The HT sculpt for Tarkin, though not perfect, is very, very close. And much better than the 1/4 Premium Format statue

Could be the greatest sculpt they ever did, but for me it isn’t worth a thing when that ghastly wrist joint gets exposed every time you try to pose it.
I'm displaying Tarkin with his hands behind his back. But you can find a way to display him without joints showing. These visible joints are a thing to many figures, and this is where a statue is always superior.

Displaying Tarking with his hands behind his back because of the sleeve length problem reminds me of those people who are average at drawing and who always end up drawing their characters with their hands in their pockets - surely one expects better from Hot Toys. Because once you start trying to ignore things like this, then what’s the point of collecting such premium figures?

Displaying Tarking with his hands behind his back because of the sleeve length problem reminds me of those people who are average at drawing and who always end up drawing their characters with their hands in their pockets - surely one expects better from Hot Toys. Because once you start trying to ignore things like this, then what’s the point of collecting such premium figures?
I display him like that because is a pose I like. These figures have their issues, members here know I am one of the critics regarding accuracy.

But in the end, no matter what, these figures will never be perfect. You have three choices: don't buy them at all, be satisfied with them as they are, or customize them. Complaining to me won't help you much

I understand that on something that can look so real, have exposed joints be sort of an eyesore. But, I think many forget, that regardless of how premium these things are, they are still, in fact, action figures. Action figures have joints. And, in real life, if your sleeves are the proper length, when you raise your arms/hands, some of your wrist will be exposed. If you make the sleeves longer, then when the arms are neutral and at the side, the sleeves will be too long and baggy. Only way to get around it is if HT made swap out sculpted forearms with hands these instead of just individual hands; which I don't see happening anytime soon, especially considering how difficult it is to swap out the lightsaber arms.

Back