Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a tacky feel to Vader’s suit in this version with Tarkin? Mine feels slightly tacky compared to the original ANH release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an undisplayed Tarkin with interrogation droid. Pm me if you need this figure.

IMG_E9720.jpg

Cleaning and shuffling around my displays. I need to invest in a camera again.

It has that pleather feel, but mine isn't tacky at all.

Thanks. I checked again and it seems to have dried a bit. Probably needed some air. Still slightly different texture than the anh version to me but not tacky.

I guess it proves the point that you can’t leave these figures boxed up for long, at least the pleather and rubber suits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just opened the Tarkin/Vader set I got a few weeks ago from SS, and I could not be happier with them. Tarkin, except for his BIG HANDS is spot on. This is my first HT Vader and he is miles above the SS set. Super dynamic, and tons of fun, this guy rules. Tarkin next to Leia is just what I was looking for. Bring on the Yunsil dress!

Was able to snag this for a pretty decent deal. Love the Vader from this set. Will definitely look good next to the ESB Vader once released.
1a3dc9dee60f44ff07d467df6924d8ee.jpg
afd34bad0a660c619d009e4d49ab5757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks great . Really tempted to get this set myself even though I swore not to start collecting Star wars . I’m just a huge fan of Peter Cushing and ANH Vader . Would love to have this displayed with boba fett .

Was able to snag this for a pretty decent deal. Love the Vader from this set. Will definitely look good next to the ESB Vader once released.
1a3dc9dee60f44ff07d467df6924d8ee.jpg
afd34bad0a660c619d009e4d49ab5757.jpg

Whered you get that cape??? looks awesome!

That cape would look really good on R1 Vader to get the blowing cape effect that he had at the end of the film.

That cape would look really good on R1 Vader to get the blowing cape effect that he had at the end of the film.
That was the overall look I was going for, just have the wrong Vader!

That was the overall look I was going for, just have the wrong Vader!

Not necessarily. I think ANH Vader can pass better for also being a R1 Vader, than R1 Vader can pass as ANH Vader. Especially this v2 ANH Vader, since it’s an amalgam of ANH and R1 parts.

Does anyone know if the two silver studs that are on the horizontal chest box straps actually ANH movie accurate? From what I found, only the vertical ones existed. Then again, the tunic generally was pushed right up against the chest box, possibly hiding any studs. I have the RO chest box on my kitbashed ANH V1 Vader and thinking about gluing on some studs in the proper lower position...where you can barely see them emerging from the chest box.

For people who own this figure, how do you all feel about the weathering on it? I saw in another thread that it is overdone..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just got my Tarkin/Vader set yesterday... now the seeds of modification are germinating...
The first thing that leaps out at me is repainting the chest armor.
I haven't dared to try removing the head yet, but I want to find out if the eye lenses are transparent or not. If they are, I'd like to paint the insides of them a subtle transparent red tint, as is often seen in the film. I suspect they are solid black plastic though, unfortunately.
I might modify one of the hands so it can hold up my SS Captain Antilles by the throat.

I know others have thought of and/or done a bunch of other mods...
Does anyone want to post a few of the best accurizing mods that they have seen or done?

Last edited:
Back