1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of this Darth Vader? Not mine. ;) Asking because the person who owns it doesn't believe me when I told him it has at least 3-4 problems as it stands in those photos... :dunno

View attachment 497758

I'm not a stickler for accuracy when it comes to Vader but man, I would hate for mine to look like that. My OCD would drive me nuts. As it stands, I'm currently repairing one of the glove sleeves on mine, and having him displayed without it is even bothering me to no end :lol

These pics also make me think of the ppl who try to sell figures on eBay with pics like this while asking a crazy high amount. No one is going to buy that when it looks like it's been manhandled :lol

Also looks like they may have sprayed a matte finish on the head as it looks to have a spotted texture on the dome and no shine to the lenses at all.

ANH Vader is quite a a cool figure despite its inaccuracies.
It really is. I haven't felt the need to upgrade mine just yet. While, I know a lot of ppl love ESB and regard it as the best SW movie, I've never had that connection. For me, it's always been ANH, ROTJ then ESB; so, as cool as the HT ESB version is, I'm happily waiting for a 1/6 ROTJ version (that's hopefully as good or better than the 1/4) before I upgrade. I only need one Vader in my collection.

Last edited:
He's probably one of those millennials who is not used to criticism. Home schooled, anti-vax, anti-mask, incel, etc. Mommy said if you hear something you don't like, just block it.

He is quite young indeed, I think he just finished the university studies. So what you say above could apply to him.

You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped.

Just seems like a very immature person overall.

Indeed. This is why I left that conversation before he blocked me, I was out of FB for hours, then I realized he blocked me. I guess my help wasn't desired.
And you have to understand that my language was always very polite.

He is quite young indeed, I think he just finished the university studies. So what you say above could apply to him.

Indeed. This is why I left that conversation before he blocked me, I was out of FB for hours, then I realized he blocked me. I guess my help wasn't desired.
And you have to understand that my language was always very polite.

Yeah, that's weird, I've seen you post here and on Rebelscum.com for 9 years(!) and I can't see how anyone would take offense to the way you dispense advice. :confused:

Yeah, that's weird, I've seen you post here and on Rebelscum.com for 9 years(!) and I can't see how anyone would take offense to the way you dispense advice. :confused:

Thank you. I guess, like you guys said above, some people simply do not want any help, and they can also be very easily offended, taking everything personal.

Rest In Peace.

46F7AA15-9876-4BD4-AB34-9E6BE66DFA44.jpeg

The true Vader:

FAREWELL VADER.jpg

RIP Dave Prowse. The opening scene of Vader entering the hallway on the Tantive IV was one of the most iconic in cinema. Pure Vader. Pure Prowse.
Thank you sir.

RIP Dave Prowse. The opening scene of Vader entering the hallway on the Tantive IV was one of the most iconic in cinema. Pure Vader. Pure Prowse.
Thank you sir.

If it wasn't for that scene, I'm not sure I would've been as captivated and engrossed in everything that followed. RIP Dave Prowse, indeed.

So I decided to do some custom work on this old figure and I?m very happy with how he looks now even more so. Just need to get some new hands but for now this is the best new hope Vader for me.
02d14e121b8d6a85b1a1e42b6e47064f.jpg

0a3cf63e5c2a2e269e293d514259a807.jpg

a9bace7cffe15b1aec6f991575cb9e5b.jpg

686f78e40e27fe7e80e317cb578e4e3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice. What all did you do to him? The robes look like the robes from the R1 Vader.

Yeah I replaced the old one with the rogue one Vader tunic and I did some paint work on the chest armor to make it more dirty and less clean.

Thanks, I now just need to find some rogue one hands to make him even better but if I can?t. I am now happy with him.

If you’re unable to and the stock hands/gloves bother you, you could always have him in the “I’ve been waiting for you, Obi-Wan” pose with his lightsaber. His hands are concealed by his cape there.

FD20FFB9-5B15-4601-8440-F4D33C7AAED6.jpeg

A very iconic Vader lightsaber pose anyway imo, regardless of gloves.

Yeah that is a good one and they don?t really bother me just in the future like to get better ones. The tunic was the big thing that bother me the most. With the chest.

Back