1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, despite the clunky execution, I miss the articulation afforded by those hands...
I agree. I feel like HT could've done a better job on the newer versions instead of taking the easy route with fully sculpted.
Still my favorite version of Vader. The only downside is the gloves.
I know I'm in the minority, but this was my favorite Vader until I got the newest Sideshow version, after futzing and changing the boots to HT ESB boots, I love it more than this guy now.

I know I'm in the minority, but this was my favorite Vader until I got the newest Sideshow version, after futzing and changing the boots to HT ESB boots, I love it more than this guy now.

As having only the sideshow Vader 2.0, I have to agree with you.

Even though I would love to have ANH Vader in my collection since I like that version as well, I?m really happy with the sideshow one. The cape drapes and behaves incredibly well. I just bought the esb boot per your recommendation to see if I like them on him.

I wonder if the hot toys robe would be a tight fit on the sideshow figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As having only the sideshow Vader 2.0, I have to agree with you.

Even though I would love to have ANH Vader in my collection since I like that version as well, I?m really happy with the sideshow one. The cape drapes and behaves incredibly well. I just bought the esb boot per your recommendation to see if I like them on him.

I wonder if the hot toys robe would be a tight fit on the sideshow figure.

Cool! I hope you like them! They are a tad loose but he still stands up well and poses without and issues. They go on smooth b/c the opening at the calves isn’t as tight as on the SS boots so there’s no bunching of the pants and the detailing on the shin guards is much sharper on the HT.

As for the inner robes. I’m not sure and I wasn’t willing to spend $20 to find out :lol I tried the HT ANH robe and that was too big and exposed the wire going around the side under the arm pit, however that might be due to fact that the ANH robe was tailored to go over the chest armor. So, an ESB robe could possible fit right since that one is tailored to go under the chest armor.

Ditto about the SS cape: I love it too and while it is only single material instead of double like the HT, it drapes so nicely

Hey gang,

I've tried digging through these pages and it's a *lot* to sort through lol. So I know that in order to achieve the most 'accurate' HT ANH Vader it requires a kit bash of the original, 2.0 and the RO Vaders. But my question to all of you is: which version would be the best to use as the base Vader? Thanks!

Hey gang,

I've tried digging through these pages and it's a *lot* to sort through lol. So I know that in order to achieve the most 'accurate' HT ANH Vader it requires a kit bash of the original, 2.0 and the RO Vaders. But my question to all of you is: which version would be the best to use as the base Vader? Thanks!

The best ones to start out with are the two pack with Vader and tarkan or the rogue one Vader. Or just get the empire strikes back main body suit and work from there. But I have the original hot toys one and did a little mix and Match there and did a little work on him to make him more close to a new hope. Here is a pic of mine. I hope this helps you out with you kit bash. But yeah the OG one work good for me.
c3a09c68559bc1d127facb332f19e156.jpg

d7e338f2f71d75878a370ce7b25e42fc.jpg

The best ones to start out with are the two pack with Vader and tarkan or the rogue one Vader. Or just get the empire strikes back main body suit and work from there. But I have the original hot toys one and did a little mix and Match there and did a little work on him to make him more close to a new hope. Here is a pic of mine. I hope this helps you out with you kit bash. But yeah the OG one work good for me.
c3a09c68559bc1d127facb332f19e156.jpg

d7e338f2f71d75878a370ce7b25e42fc.jpg

He looks great! Do you mind me asking which parts you used?

He looks great! Do you mind me asking which parts you used?

Don?t mind. So everything on this guy is from the original figure. The tunic is the only thing I switch out. So What I did to get the figure looking like this is I fixed the chest box and move it more to the chest armor then I took the crotch piece and move it up higher as well the belt to have it be more closer to the chest box. Then I used the rogue one under tunic and I did a weathering job on the chest armor. Also I?ll try to make the gloves more formfitting to the hands. But that is all the work I did to him. And the only main switch out peace is the tunic. I hope this helps.

Ljus bild av Vader.jpg
Bra bild.jpg
Great pictures of all your Vaders! Reposed my Vader since I wanted to sell it. But now I reconsider since it's a rather good figure. Not the best of all HT Vaders but still a nice version. A little worried about the pleather, sooner or later it will crumble to dust. Anyone have a tip on how to get the lint off the cloth? The make-up brush I use won't help :dunno

Great pictures of all your Vaders! Reposed my Vader since I wanted to sell it. But now I reconsider since it's a rather good figure. Not the best of all HT Vaders but still a nice version. A little worried about the pleather, sooner or later it will crumble to dust. Anyone have a tip on how to get the lint off the cloth? The make-up brush I use won't help :dunno
I use one of those canned air dusters. Seems to help.

Hmm... Just tried it, had a can beside me, worked somewhat ok but didn't get enough of it off. Wonder if a lint roller would do, or would it be damaging to the fabric? If so, then the lint can stay on for now

Sideshow used to sell a maintenance kit that came with a lint roller.

As long as it’s not a cheapy lint roller that’s extra sticky then I’m sure it’s fine.

If you don’t want to use something sticky, what about gently brushing with a piece of Velcro or makeup brush?

Back