1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ****, I just saw this listing on eBay for MMS279 shoulder armor and noticed those are peelings of Vader's pleather suit!!! :eek:

I'm gonna find those soft white plastic sheet to place it under the armor for layer protection or might just gonna have to put tunic under the armor.

2021-06-07_09.54.36.jpg

Does any1 know the name of that soft thin plastic film that HT uses to protect figure's neck hands from paint transfer?

Last edited:
Oh that’s not good! Gotta check mine, where's this seller located? Figures in places with high humidity usually fare bad earlier than those in more moderate climates.
Seller is based in Hong Kong. I'm just going to play it safe and put some layer underneath the armor.
Still couldn't find what are those thin soft plastic film are called.

I have confirmed this on my ANH Vader. I did notice a slight (a tad bit) stickiness when I took off the armor and its rather dry where I live.
So just to be safe I placed his tunic under until I can find something to be placed as a protective layer underneath the armor.

Any tips by how to put batteries into the remote control? I tried it for 2 days but still not succeed,,,,,

Seller is based in Hong Kong. I'm just going to play it safe and put some layer underneath the armor.
Still couldn't find what are those thin soft plastic film are called.
I use archival quality, acid free jewelry bags with the zip seal cut off in places like this, or around collars.

I have them around to store accessories in.

They're inexpensive and won't damage the figure by degrading.

Instead of buying a roll of archival quality plastic (which they do sell), I would get a pack of bags. You may find some uses for those bags as well.

I use archival quality, acid free jewelry bags with the zip seal cut off in places like this, or around collars.

I have them around to store accessories in.

They're inexpensive and won't damage the figure by degrading.

Instead of buying a roll of archival quality plastic (which they do sell), I would get a pack of bags. You may find some uses for those bags as well.
You are a legend MyenShi, thank you!

You are a legend MyenShi, thank you!
Glad to help. ClearBags is a good source of archival/acid free bags and products. I have bags from them that I put everything from Star Wars 3.75" figures to Hot Toys accessories in and they still look crystal clear like they did years ago.

I believe they sell on Amazon as well. I've seen other brands of archival bags on Amazon, but not as high quality as ClearBags.

https://www.clearbags.com/

I have confirmed this on my ANH Vader. I did notice a slight (a tad bit) stickiness when I took off the armor and its rather dry where I live.
So just to be safe I placed his tunic under until I can find something to be placed as a protective layer underneath the armor.

Yeah but it costs just as much as the figure :lol
He is super talented, and his customs are all top notch. But yeah, need to win the lottery first.

Back