1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently HT does tweak things after initial photos are released; the only issue here being that there may not be enough time, unless those tweaks were already well underway.

There's plenty of time. This is roughly the time frame of all reveals to release date, 6-7 months. So in that Im not sure what some people are talking about by saying thats soon. Thats the average. :lol

Of course they could always delay it too.

View attachment 136004

The smuggler sculpt looks much more like Han/Ford but also looks more like a caricature.

I'd agree with that, it's still probably the best 1/6 Han overall... but having zero texture (how Sideshow head were at the time) and slightly exaggerated features hurts it. And I'll say the older Sideshow heads can look really good with a repaint, but they're a bit tricky. All that smoothness makes it difficult to get a realistic look; Darren did a very nice job on that one.

I still think if HT could work with Trevor we'd be in the best shape, his sculpting has only improved since that figure.

There's plenty of time. This is roughly the time frame of all reveals to release date, 6-7 months. So in that Im not sure what some people are talking about by saying thats soon. Thats the average.

Cool; I'm not up on how HT does things. Even SSC for that matter, until now I've mostly been focused on OOP stuff like old Marmit kits. Good to know.

I still think the non-battle-damaged likeness on Bespin Luke was too square-jawed and heroic, but have hopes that this Han portrait will get improved.

He's not a must-have for me but would-be-nice. I'm impressed with Chewie but don't need him...now if HT does Sandtroopers they can probably have my debit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellas, in all seriousness, do we think Hot Toys will step up the amount of figures it releases with the SW line per year, like they with Iron Man? Or do do you think we'll see maybe 2 figures a year?

It would have to be, right? If there's a license you don't want to sit on it's this one.

I don't think we need to worry about that unless the new movie tanks, which it won't, because Disney has too much invested in it to get it wrong. Star Wars is going to rule the next five years at least, perhaps that's why there's been such a gap since Bespin Luke, to wait until things start to get really feverish, which by next April they will.

The way their PR read to me was that the releases would be fairly steady.

Yeah, I think they're going to hit fans pretty hard... SW interest is ramping up again with the new films so I imagine they'll want to get as much out as they can and quickly. Not to mention it seems like they've been hard at work since Luke and likely have a nice crop of figures ready or close to ready to go.

That doesn't even look like a human.

This Han/Ford looks like a shrunk down human, just not Han/Ford.

View attachment 136003

Compare to this, it's the SSC smuggler Han repainted by Darren Carnall.

View attachment 136004

The smuggler sculpt looks much more like Han/Ford but also looks more like a caricature.
Agreed on all three counts! If the SSC Indy head is roughly in scale, I may look into modding one for this figure later one. For awhile I had a custom SSC Indy with the neck removed, head repainted, new boots, new body, and it was pretty nice. Just not quite HT level still so he didn't fit on my display.

There's plenty of time. This is roughly the time frame of all reveals to release date, 6-7 months. So in that Im not sure what some people are talking about by saying thats soon. Thats the average. :lol
Hm, maybe it's just the figures I've PO'd, but they've all been 11+ months from when I ordered. To me the 'normal' wait is a year.

This is awesome.

I hope Hot Toys keep surprising us these sought of releases.

Crow, Marty and now Solo.

Hm, maybe it's just the figures I've PO'd, but they've all been 11+ months from when I ordered. To me the 'normal' wait is a year.
I seem to remember a lot of figure with an estimated time of 6-8 or something. I dont buy HT as much as I used too but I do remember seeing one or two of those Marvel figure with dates of summer 2015 anor something and this was a month or so ago. So yeah, 11 months for some, and I rememBer always delays. What was the turn around for the 66 Batman stuff and the BD T1?

Back