1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That video shows this fig in a whole new light - literally. The high contrast lighting really helps the likeness hugely (important because that's the lighting most people will have for display.) These are the first pics where I am clearly seeing Han - albeit an ESB Han, not SW.

Solely due to that video I'm hanging onto my two-pack pre-order at BBTS.

View attachment 136098

I concur. These stills make him look a lot better. At that rate, by the time we have him in hand, he will indeed look like a shrunken Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

I concur. These stills make him look a lot better. At that rate, by the time we have him in hand, he will indeed look like a shrunken Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

Why is it when you upload pics directly to Freaks it shrinks them so much - the above pic is much bigger than that to show the likeness, but it comes in as a postage stamp?

EDIT - uploaded to tinypic instead, so now larger.

I have no idea. There might be a weight limit (max octets). Other freaks might be more insightful about that matter.

I gotta say i really don't like the buff body they gave Han. It's way too wide for him.

And look at the hands he comes with, particularly the pair of symmetrical gloved hands in the front:

attachment.php

Those are definitely gunner-holding/Falcon driving hands.

Good catch. That would explain the six gloved hands compared to only four bare hands.

Yeah, great catch guys... cockpit or gunner station?

You can definitely see with the HT Luke weather vane they could include some kind of stripped-down version of the gunner station, or a Falcon "hokey religions" chair, or maybe a segment of the cockpit with just chair and console. Hard to make it read as the cockpit without it being pretty huge though.

attachment.php

I know they are just calling out the saga and not an individual movie but nevertheless I absolutely love that for these two figures their stands simply say "Star Wars." No Episode IV, no "A New Hope" just the movie's actual original title.

Reminds me of these:

ed600d9b-e904-4968-8799-02953252fba6.jpg

6624011_1_l.jpg

:rock

I know they are just calling out the saga and not an individual movie but nevertheless I absolutely love that for these two figures their stands simply say "Star Wars." No Episode IV, no "A New Hope" just the movie's actual original title.

:rock

It's either that or they don't know the difference/couldn't be bothered. :lol

attachment.php

Yeah, it's SW, ESB and ROTJ. :rock2

Even "A New Hope" sounds like an episode of Days of our lives.

That video shows this fig in a whole new light - literally. The high contrast lighting really helps the likeness hugely (important because that's the lighting most people will have for display.) These are the first pics where I am clearly seeing Han - albeit an ESB Han, not SW.

Solely due to that video I'm hanging onto my two-pack pre-order at BBTS.

Agreed. There are some things that somehow look better "live" instead of in a still. I don't think either Han or Chewie are looking as good in photos as they do in that video.

And I too will hold onto my pre-order. It seemed like the entire site tried to talk some of us into cancelling our CA:TWS Golden Age and now look how sought after it has become. It too looks great in person, not so much in still photos.

Agreed. There are some things that somehow look better "live" instead of in a still. I don't think either Han or Chewie are looking as good in photos as they do in that video.

And I too will hold onto my pre-order. It seemed like the entire site tried to talk some of us into cancelling our CA:TWS Golden Age and now look how sought after it has become. It too looks great in person, not so much in still photos.

Based on the comments, it's either terrible, subpar or passable. I don't remember anyone calling it excellent or terrific. It's alright to me, maybe HT improves it.

The base for Luke Bespin said "Star Wars - Luke Skywalker - MMS DX" with no mention of TESB title.

The base for Luke Bespin said "Star Wars - Luke Skywalker - MMS DX" with no mention of TESB title.

I know, that's why I said, "I know they are just calling out the saga and not an individual movie." But for Han and Chewie the saga name IS their movie so it actually gives the impression that HT is going old school with the base labels for those particular figures.

Back