1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take.....HT didn't show either one or hint these two were coming during any toy fair this summer. I am guessing the prototypes were pushed to get something announced soon to ride the wave of excitement and I expect Han will be tweaked. While not 100% likeness for me, it is a purchase (as is) along with Chewie

I get at the end of the day these are toys and when the sculpt is a home run it is phenomenal and when it isn't then it is still pretty awesome

Billy Zane never looked better.
Keep it away! I never want to see it again! In that picture I was reminded of these......
taqt2_09.jpg

This is your future

That doesn't even look like a human.

This Han/Ford looks like a shrunk down human, just not Han/Ford.

Ford or not.jpg

Compare to this, it's the SSC smuggler Han repainted by Darren Carnall.

solor or not-2.jpg

The smuggler sculpt looks much more like Han/Ford but also looks more like a caricature.

It would be nice to see a Millennium Falcon cockpit set piece for these guys. Maybe with changeable front views?
Space
Hyperspace
Bespin

Those older SSC heads never seem to have much fine detail, maybe that's what creates the caricature thing - or maybe it's the way the features themselves are sculpted.

They also always have a dead stare - I guess it's the bad paint because repaints seem to sometimes bring them to life.

It would be nice to see a Millennium Falcon cockpit set piece for these guys. Maybe with changeable front views?
Space
Hyperspace
Bespin

Somewhat odd choice for displaying Han in the gunner station, but a MF cockpit would be cool - though scary huge!

Front views wouldn't make much difference though - you'd have to display the figures facing away from the viewer to see the Hyperspace etc.

I made a comment about this figure last night asking whether HT had the likeness response and just saw that people were falling over themselves to accuse me of trolling, which I wasn't. My other question is whether this is an example of a first release in a classic outfit which is going to be followed by a second release with a less desirable outfit but much better HS - e.g. Joker v.1 followed by the first BR Joker. Whether HT planned it or not everyone ended up buying both to make one figure they really wanted. Is asking this trolling?

Is it not OK to hate this HS? It's not like I'm personally bringing out a competing product. I WANT to spend my money on a Hot Toys Han Solo! But this just isn't it and I don't see how it helps for people not to question what is a really, really poor likeness. It's not just his likeness, its his character that they've failed to capture - Han is one of the coolest characters ever, totally hip, swashbuckling, rule-breaking, gunslinging, everything that makes you like him when you're nine. The sculpt just looks like someone who might work in an office and worries about his mortgage.

My hope is that this is like the Reeve Superman, where the original promo pics showed a HS that was off, but it was fixed by the time it came out. If the same thing happens here I'll be buying it the day it comes out. But I don't see HT are going to have any incentive to improve a HS that many people don't like if people who don't like it keep quiet.

And Lejuan, I wouldn't praise 'a polished turd' if BCS put one out. I've been as critical as anyone of products that haven't worked out, like Amy Pond v.1. Or to put it another way, **** OFF. Thanks.

Id love it if you could display it forward or backwards.
Like this:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411737495.889519.jpg
Or like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411737514.290334.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411737524.230640.jpg

Apparently HT does tweak things after initial photos are released; the only issue here being that there may not be enough time, unless those tweaks were already well underway.

The ASM2 Spider-Man production figure has a different, improved suit and apparently Superman was tweaked...

But I wonder if this will end up like their Bespin Luke...phenomenal figure, likeness not 100% there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah cmon we know there is no way in hell they will come out april of next year, they will get delayed like all HT figures.
There is plenty of time for tweaking.

I made a comment about this figure last night asking whether HT had the likeness response and just saw that people were falling over themselves to accuse me of trolling, which I wasn't. My other question is whether this is an example of a first release in a classic outfit which is going to be followed by a second release with a less desirable outfit but much better HS - e.g. Joker v.1 followed by the first BR Joker. Whether HT planned it or not everyone ended up buying both to make one figure they really wanted. Is asking this trolling?

Is it not OK to hate this HS? It's not like I'm personally bringing out a competing product. I WANT to spend my money on a Hot Toys Han Solo! But this just isn't it and I don't see how it helps for people not to question what is a really, really poor likeness. It's not just his likeness, its his character that they've failed to capture - Han is one of the coolest characters ever, totally hip, swashbuckling, rule-breaking, gunslinging, everything that makes you like him when you're nine. The sculpt just looks like someone who might work in an office and worries about his mortgage.

My hope is that this is like the Reeve Superman, where the original promo pics showed a HS that was off, but it was fixed by the time it came out. If the same thing happens here I'll be buying it the day it comes out. But I don't see HT are going to have any incentive to improve a HS that many people don't like if people who don't like it keep quiet.

And Lejuan, I wouldn't praise 'a polished turd' if BCS put one out. I've been as critical as anyone of products that haven't worked out, like Amy Pond v.1. Or to put it another way, **** OFF. Thanks.

Telling a stranger to **** off on a doll forum, well done :lol

If they can do the Delorean they can make the Falcons cockpit.

But what price are we talking about? $1000?

I'd love to see how HT can handle such a piece but that would most likely be where i draw the line for my collection.

Back