1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They accept Paypal again directly on the website when checking out a product. They started doing so when MIDAS when up for PO and now it seems to be a standard payment method options.

Well, that's nice to hear, more merchants should accept it. I run my business through PayPal and am fully aware of the risks, but taking credit cards directly also still exposes you to chargeback fraudsters. And that's really the main thing you need to be worried about when running a legitimate business through PayPal.

I thought I was done with Hot Toys for quite some time, but they've found a way to pull me back in. I wouldn't mind a Man of Steel figure either, but I really don't know where I'd be able to display him - if I can figure that out, it'll probably get added to the list.

Since you paid with Paypal, it's full payment upfront. Same goes with paying with Paypal on Sideshow. It states on the payment page that if you pay with Paypal, they charge you full upfront the time you make the payment.

Paying by PayPal
We gladly accept payment via PayPal. Please note that if you use PayPal, you must complete the payment process on the PayPal website during checkout. The money will be automatically deducted from your account, even if the item(s) in your order is a Pre-Order. If you do not complete the payment process on the PayPal website, your order will be incomplete and will be deleted.

I did not have a chance to see that when checking out since it was my first time with AE, my question is, will they refund back that amount or will I have to go through paypal resolution center? Im Ok with paying for the NRD but I am not ok with paying full payment and waiting a year... =\

You can only pay with paypal when something is in stoke on Sideshow's site. You may have to pay a cancellation fee with AE. That's why I don't order from them unless it's something I know I have no doubt in my mind I will not cancel. BBTS is the only other webtailer that doesn't charge a cancellation fee other than SS.

Yeah but I'm not planning on canceling, I was just not aware that if I used paypal they will charge me full---which the account is linked to my debit card...
I'm just wondering if anyone ever had a situation like this and had it resolved? Paypal told me if all else doesn't work, they suggested me to open an item not received case to get a full refund.

First post on the boards!

Went with a pre-order for the set of three + armory from BBTS. Will hopefully be able to save enough money each month to pay for the set next year. Had to cancel my pre-orders for the '66 Batman stuff to have a shot at this set.

Yeah but I'm not planning on canceling, I was just not aware that if I used paypal they will charge me full---which the account is linked to my debit card...
I'm just wondering if anyone ever had a situation like this and had it resolved? Paypal told me if all else doesn't work, they suggested me to open an item not received case to get a full refund.
What "situation" are you referring too exactly? If you aren't 100% sure you're comfortable with your money being pulled out right now, you might as well email AE about it and work something out. No reason to go through the trouble of claiming the item wasn't received just to get a refund. Email their support group and ask to have it refunded and your payment method changed. Their customer service is top notch. Doesn't hurt to contact them about it.

Ill be looking for Alfred and the new face plates PM me if you get the full set and wish to part with those.

Contact the merchant, request a refund. Happened to me once, exact same scenario.

You MIGHT loose your PO though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact the merchant, request a refund. Happened to me once, exact same scenario.

You MIGHT loose your PO though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do! I don't mind losing the PO cause I'll end up paying the same amount right now at SS and get points too. But I was just trying to see if anyone else had similar situation and if they got charged full amount.
If I call them and cancel it, will I be charged that $60+ fee?

I don't anticipate there would be any issue with AE changing over a pre0-order from PayPal to CC. It's a simple procedure to put through a CC auth and PayPal refund all while keeping the same PO. They'd have to have a really crappy back-end setup to have an issue with that change. I'm anticipating my situation being resolved by this weekend or early next week. No sweat really.

Finding it hard to type type just as I'm heading to bed - for "some" reason. ;) Happy New Years everyone!

I decided to order the armory with Alfred from Big Bad Toy Store in order to reserve one. If the huge set goes up I'll just cancel it and get that one.

That's probably misinformation as they used to accept it, but as far as I know, haven't in over a year - at least not via the web site...

I thought so too, until I bought the Medicom Darth Maul last week from SS via Paypal.

I was just sweatin over the total charge on my account and if I want to fix it over from paypal to my CC they might charge me the NRD fee on top of another fee. I hope I get it fixed on the 2nd.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

What do you think would be a fair price for just Alfred if I sold it? cause I really want the Bruce Wayne figure but don't care too much about having an Alfred figure
I wouldn't pay more than £100 ($150) for him. He's one of the most boring 'action' figures. What accessories does he have?

Back