Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the one. It's a shame I can't put him in the Terminator arm pose. The seller didn't have a clue.

That sucks. I did it to most of mine - I also switched to DX10 heads - so all of my MMS117s are basically DX10s wearing MMS117 clothes now. Recently I was doing an inventory of my collection and assembling all figures with their relevant accessories when I realized that if I were to ever sell these figures I would need to at least provide the original arm style as an extra so that the endoskeleton arm could be used. This seller may have completely forgotten.

That's the one. It's a shame I can't put him in the Terminator arm pose. The seller didn't have a clue.

Figured as much, sorry you can't use the endo arm.

That sucks. I did it to most of mine - I also switched to DX10 heads - so all of my MMS117s are basically DX10s wearing MMS117 clothes now. Recently I was doing an inventory of my collection and assembling all figures with their relevant accessories when I realized that if I were to ever sell these figures I would need to at least provide the original arm style as an extra so that the endoskeleton arm could be used. This seller may have completely forgotten.

I have one of my mms117 figures with the TTM20 body myself, I had my first mms117 on a shelf and it fell and broke, Mike Ecko bought the broken body and head, then when the TT20s hit stock I bought the head from you, put it on the ttm20 and used the outfit I had to from the broken 117 to make it:lol

I'll probably get an original body somewhere. At least the TTM20 has the good articulation and is probably sturdier than the old bodies.

This figure gets a lot of heat here but I still think he captures Arnold's character very well. I prefer this head sculpt to the DX10... :google
if i was told to leave only 2 terminator figures in my collection, i'd choose MMS117 and MMS136.

i'm not a fan of that snot blob concept inside terminator universe, it's so out of place that i wouldn't even start negotiating about them remaining in my collection.
though it's a great figure.

i'm not a fan of that snot blob concept inside terminator universe

"A-dev, let's get outta here."

XGPYHLF.jpg

if i was told to leave only 2 terminator figures in my collection, i'd choose DX10 and DX13.

If you think I'm wrong in thinkin' so... well, then I spit on your stupid internet face. :lol

I think its safe to say we have a massive hole in our collections at this point. Arnold plain head from T2.

This one, and the DX13 do not cut the mustard. And even just the 5 or so years ago saw advancement in heads.

Friends our Terminator figures are dated.

We need a new better likeness, properly scaled non PERS head.

I wish the 1/4 DAM toys one could be replicated in 1/6

I still like the battle damaged heads PERS and all and the T1 ones as well despite the PERS and awful hairline. it's T2 that's massively outdated now.

I think its safe to say we have a massive hole in our collections at this point. Arnold plain head from T2.

This one, and the DX13 do not cut the mustard. And even just the 5 or so years ago saw advancement in heads.

Friends our Terminator figures are dated.

We need a new better likeness, properly scaled non PERS head.

I wish the 1/4 DAM toys one could be replicated in 1/6

I still like the battle damaged heads PERS and all and the T1 ones as well despite the PERS and awful hairline. it's T2 that's massively outdated now.

Outdated and inconsistent across the line as far as head sizes.

The thing is there's no guarantee of new figures being better. You can't guarantee that previous sculptors have learnt lessons on the likeness and Hot Toys would probably defer to them regardless. So you could just end up with new heads with new flaws or the same flaws repeated. They can't even seem to get the shape of Arnie's face and skull right and if they do it right from one angle they've messed it up from another angle etc etc.

Basically, yes, I'd love remakes of all the Terminator figures, I just have no faith that they'd nail them now anymore than they did then.

It's also not just the heads - ideally they'd make a new body - particularly for T2. The DX10 body is unfortunately ruined by that neck which is far too stiff and lacking in detail. You could have a 100% perfect headsculpt and it'd be compromised by having to sit atop that stupidly unnatural looking neck.

Last edited:
yup all good points.

I'd like to see sculptors and even KO companies like Eleven give a break to Joker and Indy and Logans and try some takes at Arnold. It would also give me motivation to Frankenstein and/or shave and sculpt the body to get some further accuracy in his build.

What's the value on this guy now? Everything is good condition, minus the spare hand pegs and a couple jacket studs have come off over time. All original HT pieces though.

I'm going over my collection, and while this is an awesome piece still in my opinion, it doesn't really fit in with the rest of my collection.

Back