Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care about the box design, and aesthetically had not issues with the T:S line, I just had the feeling when I opened my 3 T:S figures that they were more at risk in the foam than the usual packaging.

I'm curious to see the artwork for this T2 line though.

Good point. HT really should realize by now that showing off a new body can increase sells for those interested in parting out figures.

Even if not that, I would think for all the effort of making a custom body, particularly this one advertised to be built from Arnie scans and all, they'd want to show off their work. Wolverine I can get because it's a generic body, but where this is supposed to be pretty true to Arnie based on T2 body scans, I'd think they'd want to share that with folks.

Even if not that, I would think for all the effort of making a custom body, particularly this one advertised to be built from Arnie scans and all, they'd want to show off their work. Wolverine I can get because it's a generic body, but where this is supposed to be pretty true to Arnie based on T2 body scans, I'd think they'd want to share that with folks.

True, true. Plus we have no idea if it is just the upper body or if they've even given him sulpted legs too. Probably not as I imagine they'll put those VIP leg clip-ons to use there. But HT is always surprising us.

I like any of the new ones that don't use the slip case around the box, the old ones were a paint with that, especially trying to get it all back together once you got the figure out.

All in agreement that the DX line has the best style boxes?

The fact the figures are completley foam protected and that they are fastened with magnet means they are both the most practical and aesthetically pleasing HT boxes to date.

I just hope theres no problems with this new body that would cause any sort of delays. 4-5 months is a long enough wait!

Edit: the TS boxes were pretty bad!

functionally, yeah, I like the DX boxes, figures seem well protected, easy to get into. My only dissappointment with them is the artwork, very boring. I get that they're trying to class it up like regular figures are a Ford and the DX are BMWs, but still, these are collectible figures, I'd have been happy with more visuals to the packaging, you could do like traditional figures and add a bit of class to the layout to keep it nicer than MMS without just being grey and cold.

As for artwork I like the bank robber Joker box the best. I hope they do something similar to that and not just stick the poster on the front of the box like Blade. Don't get me wrong the sides, sleeve and back is really nice but the front stops it from being something really special next to my other boxes.

The Predator boxes (Pred and Dutch) were awesome. I wouldn't mind if HT did the horizontal orientation for this line.

The T:S are my least favorite boxes that Hot Toys has done. At first they looked cool and fit the theme of the movie well. But after a while they just started to loose that spark. I agree the predator boxes are some of the best HT has done.

what they look like? I have no predators :eek:

Particularly the Predator 1 figure box was cool. It was basically the usual Hot Toys five panel box with slip cover, but this slip cover was a clear plastic and molded with ripples to approximate the look of the Pred's camouflage. Just a clever twist on the traditional design.

It was also in landscape/horizontal format (Dutch and Billy too), which I liked.

review_predator1_2.jpg

And when you take off the slip cover it still has great graphics that wasn't just taken from a movie poster.
box.jpg

I hadn't even given any thought to what the packaging would be like. Yeah I can't wait to see that. I hope it has the T2esque blue theme.

I just hope it differs from Sideshow's T2 packaging just so we can see something different, Sideshow's isn't bad, but after 4 busts and 3 figures, I've seen it enough and I'm interested in seeing something new.

The T:S are my least favorite boxes that Hot Toys has done. At first they looked cool and fit the theme of the movie well. But after a while they just started to loose that spark. I agree the predator boxes are some of the best HT has done.

I hate how the sleeves are so damn hard to take off or put back on. And the noise it makes from rubbing against the Styrofoam box just drives me nuts sometimes.

I can't CAN'T open another line!!!

I know your pain. :monkey2 I'm so tempted by Inglorious Basterds and yet it would be most unwise for me to start down that road as it could mean me wanting to get loads of other WW2 type figures and/or other Quentin Tarantino characters.

Instead I'm trying to get a new addiction - saving money, watching my cash-stash grow thicker and thicker....its alright but temptation is everywhere. :monkey2

Back