Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't imagine that many people would buy up lots of T2 stuff right now just because it's what's available, to me that's pointless, either you really want it or you don't. Spending money on something just because it might be your only option when that money could go towards something down the line you really care about just doesn't make sense to me.

Like right now, there's a private sculptor offering a Rambo life size bust, I love Rambo, but I'm not into the particular bust enough to want to spend the money, there's a sense in me that yeah, it could be the only one ever, but to spend money on it just for that when I don't like it much would be a waste, innevitably something I do want is bound to come out down the line.

For me these are the Arnie from T2 :

PICURE 1-2 :

IMG_7803.JPG

IMG_7802.JPG

PICTURE 3

yg8823ln.jpg

..but this, hmmm looks good too, but didnt reminds me on the T2 arnie, likeness is a bit.... OFF.

PICTURE 4

img0568ol.jpg

PICTURE 5

AND HERE WE HAVE THE PF :
DSC08356.jpg

PICTURE 6

and the Cinemaquette ;
13052009-1.jpg

BEST LIKENESS (IMO) :

PLACE 1 : Picture 3

PLACE 2 : Picture 1-2

PLACE 3 : Picture 4

PLACE 4 : Picture 5

PLACE 6 : Picture 6 ( expensive but terrible )

Last edited:
The best arnold likeness IMO is the sideshow 1/4 premium format. I just wish he wasnt so skinny.:banghead

....now I feel bad. No worries mate :D Not all of them are mine just those particular two. I save other people's pics aswell. Also I agree that NECAs work has been fantastic.

I would have to say the PF is one great likeness to Arnie. It just needs a new paint job to be spot on.

I didnt even notice the pic of the t-850 cinemaquette, he looks Horrible!especially for that price tag.

I just can't imagine that many people would buy up lots of T2 stuff right now just because it's what's available, to me that's pointless, either you really want it or you don't. Spending money on something just because it might be your only option when that money could go towards something down the line you really care about just doesn't make sense to me.

Like right now, there's a private sculptor offering a Rambo life size bust, I love Rambo, but I'm not into the particular bust enough to want to spend the money, there's a sense in me that yeah, it could be the only one ever, but to spend money on it just for that when I don't like it much would be a waste, innevitably something I do want is bound to come out down the line.
I wouldn't underestimate the role of novelty in peoples' buying habits. Nor would I over-estimate the degree to which people clearly differentiate T1 Arnold from T2 Arnold. There's a huge freakin' difference to me, but think about the number of people who post that they just collect one version of a character or actor, and who post that they don't want another version of character/actor X because they already have one they are satisfied with. Lots of collectors of these toys are, first, collectors of pop culture memorabilia, and secondly, a collector of specific character X from specific movie Y. To a guy who just wants a Terminator Arnold, they both are Arnold wearing leather jackets and sunglasses with short-cropped hair. The more versions there are already out there, the less likely this guy is gonna buy the next one released because there have been more existing opportunities to buy a previously released one.

I wouldn't underestimate the role of novelty in peoples' buying habits. Nor would I over-estimate the degree to which people clearly differentiate T1 Arnold from T2 Arnold. There's a huge freakin' difference to me, but think about the number of people who post that they just collect one version of a character or actor, and who post that they don't want another version of character/actor X because they already have one they are satisfied with. Lots of collectors of these toys are, first, collectors of pop culture memorabilia, and secondly, a collector of specific character X from specific movie Y. To a guy who just wants a Terminator Arnold, they both are Arnold wearing leather jackets and sunglasses with short-cropped hair. The more versions there are already out there, the less likely this guy is gonna buy the next one released because there have been more existing opportunities to buy a previously released one.

While the are people out there who buy like that, those aren't the kind that HT thrives on. Hot Toys goes after the market that buys umpteen Predators accross numerous films and every Alien they ever put out and buy up 3 Jokers and 3 Batmans. They sold a lot of T-600s and multiple John Connors. I think Terminator is going to be treated as one of those properties where there is enough of a collector base that anything they want to sell, is going to sell.

I really think you have nothing to fear about T2 influencing what you do or don't get for T1 product. However, the likeness rights issues may limit a T1 line, but if the rights were covered like T2, I'm sure HT would make every figure they could from it.

Does it look photoshopped to you? Were a pair of sunglasses removed or something?

It doesnt look photoshopped to me,and im pretty sure his glasses are removeable. But certain t-850 cinemaquettes look better than others. The later releases dont look as bad as when they first released the figure, so im not so sure why some batches turned out better than others. But that pic is definitely one of the first ones. Overall its just an extremely overpriced collectible whose quality doesnt even come close to HT IMO.

From what I've seen, Cinemquette does great with creatures and robots, but their people rarely look like who they're supposed to me and some of their fake hair efforts are just atrocious.

From what I've seen, Cinemquette does great with creatures and robots, but their people rarely look like who they're supposed to me and some of their fake hair efforts are just atrocious.

A friend of mine owned one of the "good" t-850 cinemaquettes, which didnt look that bad and the hair on his was pretty decent too. But I still dont really understand why anyone would want to spend that kind of money, when the final product doesnt look nearly as good as the prototype. And I agree they have some serious issues with the way they execute the hair.:lol I mean look how the t-850 was supposed to look:
CM8120.jpg

I will give them credit with the T-850, the face looks like Arnie, but their Jack Sparrow, Indy and Aragorn look quite off from the actors.

Their non humans are very impressive, given the money, I'd own their Endo, Alien and Predator statues, but they're just so expensive.

for the love of god people... what the hell is "BD DX" figure...abbreviations drive me insane! :duh

This figure looks great btw...let me weigh in on his head proportions.
I think the head might be the tiniest bit too squat, on the other hand I think the NECA figures are a little too tall in the head. Somewhere in between would be true perfection, but both NECA and this Hot Toys sculpt and both fantastical.

Got mine on preorder...
Only thing I'm not crazy about is how his neck/shoulder area looks while his leather jacket is off, and the fact that his t-shirt neck hole is up a little high.

Back