Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? Skinny? If that is how it looks like in the movie than how it would be look skinny? Make it movie accurate and there will be no problemo. Arnold is not skinny (face or otherwise) in the movie and if HT make it just like in T2, well there will be no problemo just like I said. I gues I will wait for in hand pictures from you guys or I will wait for the DX version. I think this is the best choice.

They could slim him up a bit but that may throw off some of the other features he has. It could come out perfect however you always run the risk of what works for someone doesn't work for other people. There may never be a DX version it's speculation. I doubt anyone thought they would be a DX MJ and that it would be Superman, Rambo or Rocky.

They could slim him up a bit but that may throw off some of the other features he has. It could come out perfect however you always run the risk of what works for someone doesn't work for other people. There may never be a DX version it's speculation. I doubt anyone thought they would be a DX MJ and that it would be Superman, Rambo or Rocky.

There might be a DX, but I doubt it will have this look.
I think Hot Toys a done with using the DX brand to re-do

Slim him up would be a fail. That size of the body is perfect. It will at least match up with his T1 size.

I do think this is a near perfect Arnie figure. His size is perfect too.
But with just a few tweaks I think he could look even more like Arnie:

HT_T2_T800_PR10.jpg

HT_T2_T800_PR10E.jpg

Just needs more weight to his face.

The more Hot Toys pushes the envelope, the more we push them. It's definitely a symbiotic relationship as they are as passionate as we are about these things, and in my opinion, that's NOTHING but a GOOD thing! :)

The more Hot Toys pushes the envelope, the more we push them. It's definitely a symbiotic relationship as they are as passionate as we are about these things, and in my opinion, that's NOTHING but a GOOD thing! :)

From a purely artistic point of view, being pushed to get things even better is undeed a good thing.
I wouldn't have a carreer if I ignored the critisism I got. And I got/get a lot! :lol

These comments are inevitable, because as we have discussed before some people see the likeness when others don't.

The difference here is, no one's arguing likeness, everyone agrees it looks like Arnie, but some think it looks like a squished Arnie, some don't, some think things about his expression are off, some don't. All the "it should be" comments are very much driven by personal POV of just how that likeness should be portrayed. In a situation like this, I think it best HT leave it be, the purpose of the figure is to portray Schwarzenegger as the T-800, it does that, it's never going to portray everyone's personal vision of him.

There might be a DX, but I doubt it will have this look.

Agreed, if there's a DX figure in the T2 line, I expect it to be a very different T-800 that's just loaded with goodies, or a T-1000 that's fully loaded.

In a situation like this, I think it best HT leave it be, the purpose of the figure is to portray Schwarzenegger as the T-800, it does that, it's never going to portray everyone's personal vision of him.

Yes it does, but you wouldn't have people seeing different things if he was more accurate.
Pretty much everybody who got the Blade figure agree the new replacement (last minute) head sculpt was pretty much on the money.

That's the same thing I'm hoping for here. Now if it's doesn't happen and it probably won't, I won't be too annoyed as like you said it still looks plenty like Arnie.

Yes it does, but you wouldn't have people seeing different things if he was more accurate.

Yes you would, every PS change people have posted to say it's more accurrate, I and others have disagreed with.

I didn't thoroughly follow the Blade thread, but what I did catch was that it seemed like most people could agree there was room to look more like Wesley Snipes. Everyone seems in agreement here that it looks like Schwarzenegger, but some feel it should be different to really capture him out of T2, some don't. I'm not really seeing anyone saying it doesn't look like Arnold in this thread.

Some say art is never truly finished, but merely abandoned, I think thats 100% bollocks!
The thing about being an artist in any field is knowing when to stop... Yulli has shown she has that gift, I wouldn't want to mess with what we have, I think it's about as close to perfect as you can realistically get, and I'd be very happy to have him exactly as seen!
But who knows, it may be being tweaked as we speak.

Some say art is never truly finished, but merely abandoned, I think thats 100% bollocks!
The thing about being an artist in any field is knowing when to stop... Yulli has shown she has that gift, I wouldn't want to mess with what we have, I think it's about as close to perfect as you can realistically get, and I'd be very happy to have him exactly as seen!
But who knows, it may be being tweaked as we speak.

I wish it were bollocks.

But I think you make a fair point there. Some things can be over worked to the point of where it gets worse.

I cant wait to see the T-1000! How many more versions of arnold do you guys think we will get? Or will they just give us a dx of the cyberdyne look and final battle?

I think just one more, a BD DX figure with pieces to make a semi BD and full BD figure plus Cyberdyne weapons all in one package, but you'll nead probably at least 1 extra of this MMS117 and maybe a second DX set to make all the looks, so, $$$ for HT.

I cant wait to see the T-1000! How many more versions of arnold do you guys think we will get? Or will they just give us a dx of the cyberdyne look and final battle?
It might depend on the pre-sales of this one. Hopefully only 2 from T2. That way, the demand will still be very high for a T1 T-800. If they milk it too much, demand will inevitably drop and they might use that as evidence to stop before we get the real Terminator as he deserves to be made--with Hot Toys' current level of quality.

I can't imagine the number of T2 T-800s having any impact on how many T1 T-800s people would buy, you're either ineterested in it or not. I'm only after the police station T-800, and unless that figure didn't come with the option, a BD variant of that costume with the Endo head. That's all I want, regardless of how many T2 figures they make. Seems like a silly notion that if you could ever be interested in multiple T-800s from the first film, to spend money on a number of variants from the second.

Ok here it is. I think it's very nice BUT. To me it looks kind of squashed just a bit. I think the expression looks kind of Ticked off and the T800 really never looks that way. I think the head can be stretched out just a bit. Sometimes with a likeness it can be the very small things that really make it look like the real thing. I do think the detail on this thing in unreal though. His face almost looks real and the hair is a big WOW.
I do think though they can improve it some. Chris was over in China and held the real thing and he said even if it's not 100% it's worth it to get the thing. I have the Dutch at work and everybody thinks it's kind of crappy. We all think the T800 is very much a better likeness than the Dutch. To me at times it looks kind of like the stant man wearing the Arnold prosthetic in T2. Like when he jumps the bike into the water way.

Thats right , i agree :D
Dutch shattered,

DSC09349.jpg

DSC09343.jpg

Last edited:
I can't imagine the number of T2 T-800s having any impact on how many T1 T-800s people would buy, you're either ineterested in it or not. I'm only after the police station T-800, and unless that figure didn't come with the option, a BD variant of that costume with the Endo head. That's all I want, regardless of how many T2 figures they make. Seems like a silly notion that if you could ever be interested in multiple T-800s from the first film, to spend money on a number of variants from the second.
I don't know. The pocketbook has to play a role when you've just shelled out $600 for 3 Arnold as Terminator figures, and then here comes another one (albeit from a different film). Plus, it's just not as novel anymore. Most of us would appreciate it for being the superior Arnold from the superior movie, but it might seem a lot less special (and worthy of being bought) when you've been bombarded with 5 versions of the same actor portraying a very similar looking character already. This isn't the same as releasing an updated Rambo after doing 5 T2 T-800s, because they aren't so drastically different.

I don't know. The pocketbook has to play a role when you've just shelled out $600 for 3 Arnold as Terminator figures

What I'm saying is, if someone is interested in T1 figures, why would they shell out the money on every T2 variant, in theory HT could make 8 T2 T-800 figures, if you're interested in other things, it doesn't make sense to buy the T2 figures just because. Maybe too many T2 figures sold would lose business to the collectors that just buy something simply because it's made and the thing to get, but I would think any serious Terminator fan is aware enough to know what they're after and not just spend money right now on T2 simply because it's what's being made and hold out for the T1 stuff, or committed enough to buy all the T2 stuff now incase it's all we get and sell some later if T1 comes and they don't want it all. I just can't imagine those whose purchases might be affected by how many T2 figures are made being that big of a dent in HT's overall plans to cause them to hold back how many T1 figures they do.

I just don't know that there are as many exclusively T1 collectors out there. Most people who like one film like the other as well, and are going to try and buy figures from both (I will). Some of these folks have the money and inclination to buy everything, some for the most iconic characters from both films, and some until they are tired of Terminator stuff and are ready to move on to Avatar or Iron Man figures. If we knew with absolute certainty that T1 figures were forthcoming, I would agree with you that collectors could and would pace themselves, but we don't really know. Sometimes plans fall by the wayside, and sales could contribute to that. As such, I hope their strategy is to stagger T2 and T1 releases to potentially avoid this, or at least not to running the T2 releases into the ground before getting to T1.

I am fairly certain that HT uses previous releases' sales to dictate future sales, however, as evidenced by so few Planet of the Apes and Watchmen figures thus far being announced.

Back