Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont understand for what this scar... after his appearance Connor did not even holding any weapon.
Not argue with the fact that this gives him some good color, but IMHO it is unauthentic superfluous
dolf_ru_157.gif

........Eh?

........Eh?

foto8652.gif
foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif
foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif
foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif
foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

foto8652.gif

........Eh?

If you look carefully at the edges of the cut paint job, you'll notice a very fine outline of lighter flesh tone, almost white, that makes it look like the darker blood is set into a groove, but all of it is only on the surface.

My hat's off to the paint artist that came up with the visual effect, and from pics I never would have noticed if somebody had not mentioned it, but now that I can see that, it's unacceptable.

Mine will have a real scar, and furthermore, the scar I make will be accurate to Future John's scars in T2.

If it were a minor scar in the film, I wouldn't care that they achieved it the way they did on the figure, but the look of it is more like if he fell on something or got hit with shrapnel, doesn't totally convey the look of having molten hot metal fingers gouging into your face. Luckily, it's a small detail on a very cool figure, and at least the quality of the way they did it holds up to the prototype.

No surprise at all.....they cranked this thing out in less than 3 months time. Shame they didn't sculpt the scar along with a new expression.

I think that's what it comes down to, someone posted they wanted all the T:S stuff shipping by the end of 2009, which means this figure had to be quick, they were doing a production run of just the head a second time, so they probably just added a few thousand more to the work load with this paint job and cranked that out at once.

It looks pretty good to me. But I do agree hot toys should have at least sculpted the scar onto the v1 head. At a $190 dollars I expect them to be damn near PERFECT!

It is a decent representation of the character however, IMO it lacks enough difference from v.1 (besides scar & robot) to warrant another $190.

V.1 will be my John Connor figure from the film. Much like a single T-600 endo will do. Overkill.

That's how I understood it, that if they were going to recycle the v1 head, they could at least sculpt the scar detail into it.

Dont understand for what this scar... after his appearance Connor did not even holding any weapon.
Not argue with the fact that this gives him some good color, but IMHO it is unauthentic superfluous
dolf_ru_157.gif

well remove the weapons and give them to me... the base as well since it's not authentic

Yeah, I'd have liked it sculpted, but on the plus side, I have a feeling the heads were painted at the same time as the corrected v1 heads, so the figures will look alike and be consistent which is nice, when the same character is done by the same company and there's variations to their looks, I'm not a fan.

Sorry to tell you that you will be disappoint. Don't get me wrong, v2 head looks very nice, I like it alot. But still no match when compare to the corrected v1 head - which is the best head paint today beside enterbay jack. :lol

This v2 head is more like an upgrade/reuse of the recall v1 head :horror

I like the v2 more than v1 because is more playable. It's just hottoys use a sclupted scar on the prototype and a painted scar on the final product. :confused:

I cant be bother with reading dozens of page back, so heres the question:

is the v2 head an exact copy of the v1 head, just with an added blood and scar? or is it another sculpt altogther?

well remove the weapons and give them to me... the base as well since it's not authentic

Ok, prepare $100 :lol

The base and the main gun is ideal for v1, so that there is no need to quibble - it's a standard course to buy the second version, as is the case with the Joker :peace

Yours Cap Obvious

Back