Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the film - minute
To the Bale spazz out - one of the main ingredients :p

''Quit walking over there behind Bryce, in the middleathef@#gnscene'' :p

I thought Bales freakout was quite funny. It actually makes me like Bale even more. He's one of my top five favorite actors.

An issue has come up with Toys2 for me at the moment - its saying it has no available shipping methods for my address for some unknown reason. I suppose I'll wait and see if its still refusing me tomorrow then email Eric.

An issue has come up with Toys2 for me at the moment - its saying it has no available shipping methods for my address for some unknown reason. I suppose I'll wait and see if its still refusing me tomorrow then email Eric.

Me too. You're not alone! I thought I was just going nutters! I sent them an email about it.

Me too. You're not alone! I thought I was just going nutters! I sent them an email about it.

haha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one....I tried POing right when he placed it on the site but had troubles so I sent him an email, Eric told me it's just the postal office updating their system and things should be back to normal on Monday

How come we could get ALIENS Marines for $85, Predators for $130, but this figure costs $190!? :mad:
Except for the Hydrobot, they had much more going on.

$190 is the retail price with a big FAT mark-up... :D

These figures leave the "old ones" for dead...

How come we could get ALIENS Marines for $85, Predators for $130, but this figure costs $190!? :mad:
Except for the Hydrobot, they had much more going on.

Well, you can take issue with the increasing prices, but fair comparison would be to the current market.

Right now it costs $140 for a standard John Connor, and $170 for a Predator, so against today's prices, I think $190 for this set is within reason.

However, yes, in the increasing prices of figures, it is crazy to look at what costs you $140 and what only cost $85 3 years ago.

I see your point, however I have to take a stand.
It's getting ridiculous. I'd bet my entire collection that HT will start charging $200+ per figure in the near future. The thing is, I know it doesn't cost them nearly as much to make them. Sure, profit is what drives this business, but more than a 100% increase is where I start pumping the brakes.

It does suck, and there is seemingly no reason for it. I guess I'm just used to increases, very few things I have bought regularly over a number of years seem to cost what they used it. It's almost $8 for a 4" tall Star Wars figure you could get for $4-$5 at one time.

The 1/6 market has exploded over the last few years, between the licenses getting picked up and the quality of the products, it's in high demand which gives companies more freedom to pad profits. I'm sure to some extent, the materials do cost more now than 3 years too, but it all adds up, but either folks will keep following and it'll stay like this, or eventually it'll be too nuts and sales will drop and compromise will have to be made. I know I'm more selective today than I was in the days of $50-$90 figures.

Hot toys quality is unbeatable. But if these prices are signs of how much future hot toys figures will cost, Then I'll no longer be a customer. Most of us probably cant afford $200+ dollar figures. On average, it probably costs them about $70 dollars to make one figure, they are making a HUGE profit! But at least sideshow has been staying in the $80-$100 price range for their 12'' figures.

Even Sideshow's gone up.

When the Star Wars line started figures were around $50-$60, now the same are around $90.

Even Sideshow's gone up.

When the Star Wars line started figures were around $50-$60, now the same are around $90.

Still way cheaper than hot toys.Though, the quality isnt nearly as good.

I thought you were trying to say even though Hot Toys prices are increasing, Sideshow's are staying level, which they aren't. Sideshow prices and Hot Toys prices continue to have a 1:2 ratio. Yes, thankfully Sideshow's still relatively inexpensive, but even those, I've become more selective with than I would have been back when figures were only like $50.

I thought you were trying to say even though Hot Toys prices are increasing, Sideshow's are staying level, which they aren't. Sideshow prices and Hot Toys prices continue to have a 1:2 ratio. Yes, thankfully Sideshow's still relatively inexpensive, but even those, I've become more selective with than I would have been back when figures were only like $50.

Thats exactly what I did say. Sideshow figures tend to range Anywhere between $80-$100 dollars. Sideshow has had those price ranges for quite sometime now. With each new release from hot toys, The prices keep getting Higher and higher. But at least sideshow has recently been staying pretty consistent with their prices.

Hot Toys seems more innovative imo, like the Mercedes Benz to SS's Kia. (as far as 1:6th are concerned) I'm not bashing in the least, I'm just saying, you want quality, you pay for it. Not to say SS hasn't had some great figures.

Well Hot Toys has been pretty consistent as well, I'd say the figures over the past year or so have been pretty consistent with a few exceptions based on specialty things.

Average Hot Toys figure for the past year has been about $150.

Back