Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - MMS600 - 1:6 Tony Stark (Mark V Suit up Version) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting it. One of the more impressive suit up scene. I rewatched that scene over and over again over the years.

The helmet and suit is not intended to represent the tight final fit. Watch the scene again and you'll recall that the entire suit, including the helmet, first fits loose over him and then mechanically pulls tight at the very end.

I watched that scene a few times yesterday and the helmet comes on right to the sides of his face. At no point is it loose and pulls in. Most of the armour does have to ratchet into place, but none of it is as loose as this is portrayed to be.
And I?m not saying that as an argument. This figure shows how they just cannot give you a suit that fits over a 1/6 figure. It has to be an articulated armour to look right. It?s like when you see a cosplayer as Iron Man. Even a slender Doug Jones type of body, while okay in a suit, the helmet will look too large. I know people on here are saying he should have come with the racing helmet but I reckon they should have had a partially helmeted sculpt with the helmet half on. What they have done seems a bit lacklustre to my eyes. But I was never in the market for this figure, so it doesn?t affect Hot Toys. The arms splayed, mostly-on pose looks great. Till you look at the legs and the boots, lol.

The only thing thats really bothering me is that the track suit isn't weathered at all. Its just way too clean. Even if you were only displaying him with the suit case, he had already caught on fire at that point so it should be roughed up. Especially with the battle damaged head.

The only thing thats really bothering me is that the track suit isn't weathered at all. Its just way too clean. Even if you were only displaying him with the suit case, he had already caught on fire at that point so it should be roughed up. Especially with the battle damaged head.

You need to wait for the separate battle damaged release for that

Is he holding a helmet in this photo? Can't really tell.

CPgVavR.png

Maybe I’m wrong but I think once you get the IM suit on this you probably wouldn’t wanna take it off as I can’t see the racing suit not being damaged or dented somehow.

Kind of how the loose screws in some boxes of peoples recently received spider man figures dent the suit from just laying up against it.

I’m thinking some of the armor may be a pain to get on and off as well even if you wanted to remove it depending how it attaches

Hopefully I’m wrong but that’s for others to find out as I can’t justify ordering this for myself as I’m more than happy enough with my “original” standard diecast V

Looks impressive, but very limited posing options. One for the completists, i think.

Why no Hammer drones from this movie? There were 4 variants and i would buy 1 of each.

Looks pretty cool. Would be a figure that I'd wait the two years to see how it turns out and if I like it rather than pre-ordering.

Eh, that hardly qualifies as any type of justification. If you break anything down and try hard enough you can justify the pricing for anything.

At the end of the day it's all just mass produced plastic parts. Worth $400? To me, no. To you, I guess so.
Oh I'm not sure if it's worth it to me. I'm just saying I can understand why this costs what it does in a world where Falcon Cap costs $375. If I decided I was willing to drop $400 on a figure, I'd have to think long and hard about whether this is actually the one I would want to spend that much on versus a Thanos or the Battle-Damaged Mark 85.

I watched that scene a few times yesterday and the helmet comes on right to the sides of his face. At no point is it loose and pulls in. Most of the armour does have to ratchet into place, but none of it is as loose as this is portrayed to be.

And I?m not saying that as an argument. This figure shows how they just cannot give you a suit that fits over a 1/6 figure. It has to be an articulated armour to look right. It?s like when you see a cosplayer as Iron Man. Even a slender Doug Jones type of body, while okay in a suit, the helmet will look too large. I know people on here are saying he should have come with the racing helmet but I reckon they should have had a partially helmeted sculpt with the helmet half on. What they have done seems a bit lacklustre to my eyes. But I was never in the market for this figure, so it doesn?t affect Hot Toys. The arms splayed, mostly-on pose looks great. Till you look at the legs and the boots, lol.
To my eye it still looks like it starts out wider and gets tighter in the film, but a lot of that may be the chin strap before it connects. I wouldn't mind seeing them cut down on the hair like ddhc showed in mockup and then make the helmet smaller, but I do believe the width is intentional. If Hot Toys intended for the helmet to appear as if it had completed forming to Tony's head, they'd have included a second helmeted sculpt like you suggested. Or make the hairpiece swappable for one that allows for a tighter helmet fit.

I see this as a less-than-perfect practical interpretation of a CG moment in a film, very much like how the pod mode for the Mark VII takes some liberties so that the suit to some degree actually becomes the pod, which is way more fun than just having a total separate block of plastic.

Justin has his preview video up. Looks incredible I think. And Centrocal was right, there are two versions of the chest piece included.

The racing suit is a cool look, but I'm not willing to pay the asking price for half of the Mark V suit as an accessory, since it's probably my least favourite Iron Man suit.

They should have offered a regular version with just Tony and the case, with the deluxe being the suit up gimmick.

Detail? Its clunky. Its the Junk Man. The leg braces at least have to be made of diecast just to balance it.

I expect it will be like most other diecast Iron Men... mostly plastic.

I just hope its scaled properly this time.

Damn that does look awesome. And I would say it might even make a cooler looking figure than the actual Mk V... but ultimately the only reason to buy this is to put it in that one single pose, and I'm just not sure that's worth paying $400 for.
I do think it’s cooler than the actual Mark V figure because it actually captures what was cool about that suit. But you are correct that it is only good for two poses, or three or four with the deluxe. Almost have to think of it more as a statue than a figure.

Back