Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - MMS600 - 1:6 Tony Stark (Mark V Suit up Version) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks are going to balk at this because it's $400, all plastic, and not terribly versatile. But I guarantee it's going to shoot up in price once it's gone, then it will be a "grail" and the whiners will be calling for reissue.

I ordered it. I'm done with Marvel post Endgame but I'll still collect RDJ Iron Man, Evans Cap, and Thanos. I'm not terribly thrilled about being pulled back in, but at least it's something a bit different that will look cool with the other Iron Man stuff.

I never felt the need to pick up the racetrack Whiplash figure and now I'm looking at it thinking I need it. This damn hobby :gah:

I do have the Diecast Whiplash and almost sold it last year. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't.

Folks are going to balk at this because it's $400, all plastic, and not terribly versatile. But I guarantee it's going to shoot up in price once it's gone, then it will be a "grail" and the whiners will be calling for reissue.
It is very similar to the gantry set in that regard: you stick the figure in it and that is about it. But it is still a showpiece.

I never felt the need to pick up the racetrack Whiplash figure and now I'm looking at it thinking I need it. This damn hobby :gah:

I do have the Diecast Whiplash and almost sold it last year. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't.
Yeah I think this thing is going to move the last of those Whiplash Sideshow still has in stock.

Why would you want a half Iron Man

Because some people (like me) are really into suit-up sequences, and there isn't a more breath-taking suit-up than the one with Mk-5 (Mk-3 I reckon is a strong contender). Yes, we're also die-hard fans of the fully armored IM and Tony, but nothing tops that surreal moment when the man and machine are combining. That part of IM/AVG movies appeals the most to us.

Hopefully that gives you an insight into why some might be fans of this upcoming figure.

Truthfully the Mark V is one of my least favorite suits when compared to the rest on their own, but the suit up scene is definitely one of my favs, and add to that, I have all my Iron Man figures displayed with the RDJ headsculpt/visor up option (4, 7, 46, 50, at some point BD 85) I?m strongly considering this one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought it because I'm collecting all the 1-7 suits and this is a really cool look for Tony himself without a helmet on, which is kinda lacking to this point.

Who's the artist, if you don't mind me asking?
I dunno, Dave_W just said it's the same person and I took his word for it.

It's the same guy who did the damaged 85 sculpt and that's one of the best as well.

Truthfully the Mark V is one of my least favorite suits when compared to the rest on their own, but the suit up scene is definitely one of my favs, and add to that, I have all my Iron Man figures displayed with the RDJ headsculpt/visor up option (4, 7, 46, 50, at some point BD 85) I?m strongly considering this one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the suit-up moment is cooler than the suit itself, and that's why this figure is so cool. I would argue the same could be said of the nanotech suits: the thing that makes them visually interesting isn't captured in an action figure of the fully-formed suit.

Pre-ordered from KGHobby! I think I will display it initially in the racing suit with the hands in the [emoji161]. I think fixing the armour to the figure will be a real faff.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

Such a shame we'll never see his Jude Law work beyond that image.

One of those cases where you wonder why Hot Toys even bothered commissioning a prototype. Have they not figured out by now a scale of likely selling power - and the minimum they themselves are willing to accept - so that they can just rule out characters like this from the get-go. Instead they taunt the few collectors who actually would like to own a figure of said character with a prototype that we all know they'll probably never proceed with.

I think they do it for insurance and because of timing. They have no idea how a film is going to perform and they have a limited amount of time to get a prototype ready, so they can show it off while theres still hype. Its a gamble every time. They don't want to waste money but they also don't want to be unprepared and miss their window. With the Jude Law figure (see, can't even remember the characters name) It was probably very easy to produce. If they make a sculpt, they could cobble together a figure and have it on display, while the movie is still being promoted.

On the contrary, I doubt HT or anyone else could have predicted that there would be demand for a Zemo figure. And they obviously did not have one ready when they needed it. :banghead So yeah, its a gamble.

My pleasure. As an artist it must be really gutting to put your heart and soul into a piece like that Jude Law sculpt only for it to be relegated to proto limbo.

My pleasure. As an artist it must be really gutting to put your heart and soul into a piece like that Jude Law sculpt only for it to be relegated to proto limbo.

To be fair, Jude Law was wasted as a literal nobody. If Lee Pace's Ronan isn't getting a figure, Yon-Rogg or whatever isn't getting one either. Which is a shame, since the sculpt is great and Jude Law is one of my favourites. To see him wasted like that is sad. We could've had him as Doom or something.

I would have loved to see HT make him as Dumbledore.

I'm not some huge Potterfan, so it's not that likely that I would've picked it up, but yeah, it would've been a nifty figure. Jude Law looked really effay there. You could just have it as a regular Jude Law figure on your shelf. I would've been relly tempted by a Graves though. Farrell's look there was God-Tier. It's a shame they made Depp look so utterly goofy. And with the films being so toubled and not really making insane bank, I don't see them pouring more time into the line.

Sideshow had the suit-up Mark V prototype on display for their Iron Man Day tour today, jump to the 30-minute mark if any of y?all want to check it out. Looks incredible.

I like the look of this, simply because the proportions look correct, what with the armor pieces going over a fully clothed 1:6 scale figure.

Normally I look at the HT Iron Man armors and can't imagine a human being inside them.

Back